It's September 15th - Mango Day!

splynter

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm so I guess the 15th is gonna come and go just like Sept. 1st and Sept. 9th with no Mango being released.

MS should say something, or should have said something days ago about the rumored Sept. 15th Mango release date.

Because it's no way that someone at MS hasn't heard of the rumor.

It's impossible to tell when the update is going to roll out and even if its going to be a worldwide simultaneous release.

Microsoft should either deny or accept the rumors. They should also either deny, accept, or just not reply to the twitter questions because the "we don't have any information regarding the release date" or "we cant release any more information other than it WILL be released" is raising people's hope up and when the rumor turns out to be false, those hopes drop further and further with every passing of a rumored release date. and because of that, people's mango excitement, well mine anyway, get smaller and smaller. by the time it comes out, we're just gonna be like, "ehhh".

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I hate it how MS can't give us a release date...

Agreed...that's what I don't understand. What is so bad with saying September (fill in the blank) is Windows Phone Mango day and make it available for all users? Work with the carriers, promote it, make it a big event, get people talking about the product, but no, they gotta go clandestine, make this launch a national secret, and keep all the loyal, devoted, fans of the phone, like us, in the dark.

Makes no sense.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Agreed...that's what I don't understand. What is so bad with saying September (fill in the blank) is Windows Phone Mango day and make it available for all users. Work with the carriers, promote it, make it a big event, get people talking about the product, but no, they gotta go clandestine, make this launch a national secret, and keep all the loyal, devoted, fans of the phone, like us, in the dark.

Makes no sense.

Cause even if today was the date everyone still wouldn't get it, most likely due to a staggered roll out. Also you can't miss expectations if something comes up and you have to push the release date.

jblank

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
And that's all well and good, but that's why I said "work with the carriers", make sure that everyone has an opportunity to get it, on the same day. This is it coming, is it not coming, will it ever come, kind of crap with this release, is getting annoying. It's just my little opinion, nothing more, but for such a huge release, as this is for Microsoft and for their phone OS, they don't seem to be handling it very well.

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Cause even if today was the date everyone still wouldn't get it, most likely due to a staggered roll out. Also you can't miss expectations if something comes up and you have to push the release date.

I think i'd prefer the push release date over not have a clue when. At least it would be like, 'Well sorry we tried' instead of 'Ha ha no no I'm not telling'. but that might just be me.

Last edited:

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think i'd prefer the push release date over not have a clue when. At least it would be like, 'Well sorry we tried' instead of 'Ha ha no no I'm not telling'. but that might just be me.
Exactly! They'd be like "Here's your Mango...NOT!" And just laugh at us. Trolls.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Got a text from my brother(after me bothering him all day), nothing with Mango on AT&T today. Training hasn't even started with employees on the corp or store level, not even the tech support/customer service. But on a brighter note, training on the new devices are about to roll out.

corknut

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Dammit. Reading through all this speculation has made me feel antsy. I'm gonna go find something else to do before my head explodes from the anticipation. Here's hoping they don't adhere to Blizzard's definition of "soon".

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I must say, I'm disappointed to not get it today but I would rather get mango when jts ripe than get a half asses, rushed out version. Really wish there would he some sort of communication at the very least.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Have a bit of patience guys. Honestly, I feel the frustration after months of researching Mango and teasing myself with the prospect of getting it today. But, that's just it, I chose to invest hope into an 'unofficial rumour' and I don't expect MS to squish this hype surrounding Mango by accepting or denying any credibility to rumours.

Just enjoy it dudes... it's all something to look back on and laugh about. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans