It's September 15th - Mango Day!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Vitual hugs all around now keep it down and just hope that maybe mayve it might be the first day of Fall. If its not its okay its the fifth monday of the week! Whats next?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Please link to the hints and public emails.

Seriously? OK:

Orange France memo confirms September 15th was "Mango day" | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Windows Phone FaceBook page changed for Mango | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
(Why update it early at all? And funny it was all ready to go on the 16th eh?)

Microsoft shows off Tango Video Calling | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
(released on the 15th)

Mango RUUs available in Taiwan | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

New Windows Phone 7.5 commercial nails it. Touts Metro Design, elegance. (Plus eBay Live Tile) | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
(mango-centric web ad for developers - released on the 14th)

Belfiore, Watson implore devs to update apps as Mango draws near | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
("*cough*now*cough*" - wonder what THAT means, eh? Fall? Two weeks time? No rush?)

Windows Phone Mango update imminent | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

In summary: you have Microsoft staff telling devs to get mango apps submitted (in their own words) "NOW" before the 15th, you have a soft launch in Taiwan scheduled for the 16th that went ahead, you have a load of official mango-centric promo videos and adverts and site updates happening on the 14th, 15th and 16th, plus countless mango apps being released into the marketplace well in advance of the 15th (I lost count at about 8, and that's just the ones featured on this site over the past week or so), you have carriers round the world all announcing they're ready prior to the 15th and to top it off you have a seemingly genuine email from a french carrier actually stating the 15th in black and white as the launch date.

Could all this be a massive coincidence? Yeah, it could. But in my opinion, there's enough there to make me personally think that there was a build-up to a possible global launch on the 15th which was then nuked for some reason. The actual date is actually irrelevant - I just think that as quite major software launches go, it's not been handed as well as it could have been and public expectation has not been handled as well as it could have been. That's it - that's my entire beef. I'm not annoyed or angry or anything - I just think it could have gone better.

You may disagree and see nothing here but coincidences and people getting their hopes up based on nothing at all but rumours; that's your prerogative.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Seriously? OK:

Orange France memo confirms September 15th was "Mango day" | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Windows Phone FaceBook page changed for Mango | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
(Why update it early at all? And funny it was all ready to go on the 16th eh?)

Microsoft shows off Tango Video Calling | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
(released on the 15th)

Mango RUUs available in Taiwan | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

New Windows Phone 7.5 commercial nails it. Touts Metro Design, elegance. (Plus eBay Live Tile) | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
(mango-centric web ad for developers - released on the 14th)

Belfiore, Watson implore devs to update apps as Mango draws near | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
("*cough*now*cough*" - wonder what THAT means, eh? Fall? Two weeks time? No rush?)

Windows Phone Mango update imminent | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

In summary: you have Microsoft staff telling devs to get mango apps submitted (in their own words) "NOW" before the 15th, you have a soft launch in Taiwan scheduled for the 16th that went ahead, you have a load of official mango-centric promo videos and adverts and site updates happening on the 14th, 15th and 16th, plus countless mango apps being released into the marketplace well in advance of the 15th (I lost count at about 8, and that's just the ones featured on this site over the past week or so), you have carriers round the world all announcing they're ready prior to the 15th and to top it off you have a seemingly genuine email from a french carrier actually stating the 15th in black and white as the launch date.

Could all this be a massive coincidence? Yeah, it could. But in my opinion, there's enough there to make me personally think that there was a build-up to a possible global launch on the 15th which was then nuked for some reason. The actual date is actually irrelevant - I just think that as quite major software launches go, it's not been handed as well as it could have been and public expectation has not been handled as well as it could have been. That's it - that's my entire beef. I'm not annoyed or angry or anything - I just think it could have gone better.

You may disagree and see nothing here but coincidences and people getting their hopes up based on nothing at all but rumours; that's your prerogative.

its actually a perogative pre would be before. But I agree with both of uoi and I dont believe in coincidences! And I am definitely looking forward to Mango and I am hoping thats it this coming Friday and if its not i'll be disappointed but not dismayed!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think that the 15th was an internal goal.

And MS in general is a very developer focused company. So they do their best to keep devs as informed as they can.

With the internet and social media the way it is, its hard to give info to devs without non-devs hearing it.

I'm frankly a little disappointed in seeing all the whining and the entitlement mentality that some customers seem to have.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
joe.jpg

Fruity picture of the moment. (While we wait!) ;)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's hoping if it is out on Friday, he can announce it without resorting to a sarcastic tweet ;)

And by the way, "fall" (or Autumn, for us non-colonial types) might start on Friday, but it ends in November. So they still have some leeway!

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
its actually a perogative pre would be before.

Not to be picky - well actually, entirely to be picky - but it is prerogative. There's no such word as perogative. It's not pre as in pre-release in the case of this word.

I work as an editor, so I have professional-level pedantry I'm afraid :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Here's hoping if it is out on Friday, he can announce it without resorting to a sarcastic tweet ;)

And by the way, "fall" (or Autumn, for us non-colonial types) might start on Friday, but it ends in November. So they still have some leeway!

Fall ends on December 20th or early on the 21st of December which is also my wife's birthday she always says she is gipped because its the shortest day of the year. So thats even more leeway. Hopefully it will NOT be taken full advantage of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa