BIGGEST Concern for WP7...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I honestly think we're lucky that we're getting any HTC or Samsung Windows Phones this year. Samsung and HTC have ZERO reason to want WP7 to succeed. They're both making a good profit selling Android phones. Android is free (vs $15 for a WP7 license),

yeah Android is NOT free ... they have to pay 5-15$ per Android phone they cell to MS for royalties ... it actually comes down to the same thing.. LOL ... MS made sure to show the world how NOT free android is ,, hahaha

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't blame Microsoft for not advertising too much. They need to save their real ad blitz for Mango, when they have a product that really shines. No sense trying to sell WP7 while it's missing many of its killer features.

Most people sign up for 2 year contracts. You have to advertise early and hard or people get a different phone and you lose them for 2 years. No sense in waiting.

I personally have never seen a wp7 advertisement on TV. I have seen some product placement in a show or two. But most microsoft product placement is for windows or bing.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think too many of you want this phone to return to the days of Windows Mobile. You want Microsoft to simply give the OS to anyone with a dollar that could wrap plastic around it for sale. If you want that, go get an ad agency device. Yes I said it. Go get one because you only care about how you look to others. It's like you are almost embarrassed to have this phone. I don't think you are but you sound like that to me. Bragging about what hardware you have is more important than having a platform that PERFORMS. And my HTC Arrive PERFORMS like a big dog on a happy meal.

I've been on android and its a broken experience. So much so, I think I'm permanently scarred expecting my WP7 to fail as those devices have time and time again.

Sure Microsoft has to do a lot of advertizing. Not just a spot this month, then nothing for the next 8-9 months. It has work to do. As an aside, I wonder if the reason for this lack of attention to advertizing has to do with how this fits with the upcoming Windows 8. I've been playing with the developer preview and I have to say, it feels like synergy is happening. If I'm right, this platform will explode especially once the Windows 8 beta hits at the end of the month. (Those 500 new enhancements in Mango got to be somewhere) :) but I digress.

But as it relates to the speed at which these devices are rolled out and available, we got to exercise some patience.

Reactions: Reflexx

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
so what your suggestion is instead of launching 12 phones on launch day (or the first phew months ) ,, they should have waiting and launch them over the last 12 months??

Its funny , Apple is considering dropping Retina for S-AMOLED Plus , lol . causer its better ;)

Not a suggestion - just an observation that that's what happened. As for the retina display - the SAMOLED is a great screen with really vivid colours, but the detail on the iPhone 4 swings it for me.

A retina display class SAMOLED screen would be phenomenal though!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My wife has an iphone 4 I bought it for her for Christmas and BD last year. The display is okay but I like my samsung focus screen just as well. The super amoled + will be a bit better. The speed will be a bunch better The Titan will ba an awemoe device as well.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Nokia always had a great device. I remember having a 6200 and 6230 two of my best phones. So it will be interesting to see if they get back into the game.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I hope Mango RTM handles notifications better. I get like 1 outta of 5 FB notification messages.

Mine stopped completely for over a week. I think it has something to do with FB recently changing the way they deliver notifications. You could try removing FB account. Then go to FB privacy settings and remove relationship with Windows Phone. Then add your FB account to your phone again. That usually fixes most sync relationships between any app and FB.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I hope Mango RTM handles notifications better. I get like 1 outta of 5 FB notification messages.

Most of my facebook activity is on the laptop and desktop through live hotmail. I get on FB on the focus once or twice a week. Planning on changing that after mango and an attempt at installing a 32gb card.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the Facebook app and people hub a lot. I'm anxiously waiting for an app update. None of my group messages will show in the app or hub. I get linked to the mobile site. It sucks.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
yeah Android is NOT free ... they have to pay 5-15$ per Android phone they cell to MS for royalties ... it actually comes down to the same thing.. LOL ... MS made sure to show the world how NOT free android is ,, hahaha
even so. Both HTC and Samsung are making millions more on Android. **** I don't even think Wp7 is even #2 for Samsung. I think they make more off of Badu. And I've never heard of that OS until about a week ago.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup, Samsung and HTC have literally no reason to want WP7 to succeed. The only way they'll really put all their might behind WP7 is if the market is demanding Windows Phones.

You can't blame Samsung and HTC for giving the most attention to the OS that is bringing them all the profits. It's up to Microsoft to create the demand for WP7 first, then the hardware manufacturers will follow.

Nokia's Windows phones can't come soon enough.

Just Visiting

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Se1fcr3ation lists:

1.Samsung Omina 7
2.Samsung Focus
3.LG optimus
4.LG Optimums Quantum
5.HTC mozart
6. HTC 7 Pro
7. HTC trophy
8. HTc HD 7
9. HTC HD7s
10.HTC surround
11 HTC arrive.
12. DELL VENU PRO
does all came out in the first phew months.....

Well, my count is 10 as the HTC 7 Pro is the same as the HTC Arrive, and the HTC HD7 is the same as (save the screen tech) the HTC HD7s - The designs are the same! Even if you want to count 12 phones, 12 phones released from October 2010 through September 2011 is piss poor - piss poor volume, less than desireable selection of phones, and none with aesthetic appeal (at least not for my money). *No offense to those who find their WP devices attractive looking*

And thus far, only 5 devices announced, all of which, except the Radar and the Fujitsu, are listed on the ATT Q4 roadmap. No WP devices are to be seen on the Verizon or Sprint roadmap for Q4.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Se1fcr3ation lists:

1.Samsung Omina 7
2.Samsung Focus
3.LG optimus
4.LG Optimums Quantum
5.HTC mozart
6. HTC 7 Pro
7. HTC trophy
8. HTc HD 7
9. HTC HD7s
10.HTC surround
11 HTC arrive.
12. DELL VENU PRO
does all came out in the first phew months.....

Well, my count is 10 as the HTC 7 Pro is the same as the HTC Arrive, and the HTC HD7 is the same as (save the screen tech) the HTC HD7s - The designs are the same! Even if you want to count 12 phones, 12 phones released from October 2010 through September 2011 is piss poor - piss poor volume, less than desireable selection of phones, and none with aesthetic appeal (at least not for my money). *No offense to those who find their WP devices attractive looking*

And thus far, only 5 devices announced, all of which, except the Radar and the Fujitsu, are listed on the ATT Q4 roadmap. No WP devices are to be seen on the Verizon or Sprint roadmap for Q4.

ok so 11 phones cause the HTC HD and the HTC HDS are not he same.. different screen different model.... like saying Omnia 7 and FOCUS is the same phone.....

its also likes saying the Ipad and the Ipad 2 are the same.... cause one has duel core the other doesn’t....does are pretty much the only different...

as for the HTC 7 PRO and the HTC arrive.... ok one is CDMA one is 3G... fine 11 not 12 phones.. we still realse 5-6 MOER phones then Android did the first year.!!!!...

as for you not liking the WP.... no harm in going back to what ever OS you like and leaving us alone :).. i think my FOCUS is freaking SEXY ... looks better then any droid I’ve seen ( except the GS2 , WOW) and the Iphone just has that, Look at me im a Rich douchbag look to it. witch is ugly and week.

i dont think you relies how Young this OS is , if any of you remember when android started ( i Do ) they where LESS then flying off the shelfs... with SOMANY problems i cant even count.... and they still have more problems.... not to mention they had like less then 5 phones the first year…. Cause every one was skeptical just like they are now with WP7… they thought it had no chance against the Iphone .. but they where Wrong!!!! And I can Guaranty you that you /they will all be wrong about WP not doing good…. Give it one more year….

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yup, Samsung and HTC have literally no reason to want WP7 to succeed. The only way they'll really put all their might behind WP7 is if the market is demanding Windows Phones.

You can't blame Samsung and HTC for giving the most attention to the OS that is bringing them all the profits. It's up to Microsoft to create the demand for WP7 first, then the hardware manufacturers will follow.

Nokia's Windows phones can't come soon enough.

I believe that HTC and Samsung want WP to succeed. Mainly because it allows them to be in a better bargaining position with Google if they want something done.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
MS may not own Nokia cell division, but they sure are in bed with them. I'm certain HTC and Samsung don't care for that too much. Just as Google is in bed with Motorola mobility.
I believe that HTC and Samsung want WP to succeed. Mainly because it allows them to be in a better bargaining position with Google if they want something done.

jeffa00

Dec 2, 2010
galacticbeacon.com
I'll be honest, folks, it's me.

I bought a WebOS phone and developed an app for it. BAM! It's dead.

Next I bought a WP7 phone and re-developed my app for it. BAM! Well, it's not dead, but it sure could be doing better...

Anyone have a mobile OS they want to see go down? I'm like a hit man for mobile OSes...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be honest, folks, it's me.

I bought a WebOS phone and developed an app for it. BAM! It's dead.

Next I bought a WP7 phone and re-developed my app for it. BAM! Well, it's not dead, but it sure could be doing better...

Anyone have a mobile OS they want to see go down? I'm like a hit man for mobile OSes...

why dont you go ahead and leave befor you BAM us to ****.. haha .. but seriously

feel free to kill Iphone or android :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12