Sign of things to come? I had two WP7 sightings

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm feeling fairly comfortable now about moving back to AT&T if I won't have MAJOR dropped calls. I don't expect perfect, but I don't need chronic drops. My wife is debating WP7 or Iphone. This could be a tough one. :) She digs my Arrive so it looks good.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I only know of one other person with a WP7. I'm trying to spread the gospel but not having much luck yet. Seems everyone thinks the phone they have is the greatest.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I now know up to four people. I haven't actually seen the phones, but I see they are posting from the Windows Phone facebook app on my facebook page.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I work at airports so I see LOTS of travellers with their gadgets. I always look for WP7 devices :)

So far I have seen at least a dozen HD7/HD7S (probably because those are the easiest to identify from the rear). I've seen a couple Focuses, and in the last week I spotted a Trophy and a Venue Pro.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Im sure the trophy is a fantastic phone. I actually prefer the smaller screen ad thinness. I just want something with a superamoled screen. Come oj Omnia!

As far as the original post, I only know one other person with a wp7 phone and I've only heard a wp7 notification tone while out eating once. Other than that. Nada.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Im sure the trophy is a fantastic phone. I actually prefer the smaller screen ad thinness. I just want something with a superamoled screen. Come oj Omnia!

As far as the original post, I only know one other person with a wp7 phone and I've only heard a wp7 notification tone while out eating once. Other than that. Nada.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

I expect we'll only need to keep on our grind to get the word out to those in distress...and there are many. Just today I read one story on android central (yes, I'm a geek like that) where one guy asks about how android advertizes its phones vs how WP7 and IOS does it.

Summing up, IOS has a focus on being apart of something larger, and WP7 is getting what you want done and back to those you care most about. Android, on the other hand has you in some cold, robotic, unfeeling, outer space type thing, where you are controlling machines and he asks, is this the perception of who I am or who they think I am?
Another dude wrote in another story about being tired of android and wondering if his next step might be either IOS or WP7. I don't feel like his is alone and don't know how to get out of the collective.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw another person using a HTC Mozart for the first time the other day...

...it was a 13-year-old schoolgirl. Clearly I need a more manly phone! When's the Titan out in the UK again? :)

Haha!

Actually I think that's a really good thing. It's a good sign when you see someone other than male tech geeks using a device. That means it's starting to catch on with the mainstream.

(Oh yeah the Trophy I saw was being held by a 20-something lady).

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: Oh and the Fashion Show Mall is anti-ATT. It has a forcefield or something that blocks out every single bar from any ATT phone. Connecting to either of the 2 Starbucks free wifi isn't much help either.

I find this particularly humorous because IIRC there is a big fancy Apple store in that mall. Can't be real good for business if you're trying to sell iPhones. :p

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I expect we'll only need to keep on our grind to get the word out to those in distress...and there are many. Just today I read one story on android central (yes, I'm a geek like that) where one guy asks about how android advertizes its phones vs how WP7 and IOS does it.

Summing up, IOS has a focus on being apart of something larger, and WP7 is getting what you want done and back to those you care most about. Android, on the other hand has you in some cold, robotic, unfeeling, outer space type thing, where you are controlling machines and he asks, is this the perception of who I am or who they think I am?
Another dude wrote in another story about being tired of android and wondering if his next step might be either IOS or WP7. I don't feel like his is alone and don't know how to get out of the collective.

Haha. Don't feel bad. I read through every one of the "central" sites along the top of this page every morning. Then go to engadget, pocketnow, bgr and techcrunch. I'm quite the mobile phone/technology geek.

I see what you're saying about the way it's advertised. I think the other big problem with perception is the sales force. I walk into any place now and ask about WP7 and they look at me like I've got a disease. "Why would you want that when android can do so much more?" And I get it, I truly do, but the next time you're at any of those stores, ask about wp7 and they instantly go into treating you like a 7 year old tech idiot. I come to a point where I explain I know about the phone, had a Nexus one and had rooted and ran multiple roms on it and they finally get quiet. Unfortunately by then the average person has already walked out with the newest 8 core, 0 app memory android device that lags to high **** without giving WP7 a fair shake. Unfortunately not everyone does the amount of research they should when locking themselves into a device for 2 years.

I personally love my WP7 device and did a ton of research so I knew some of the stuff I was compromising when going in but I've grown to love it. I think the big problem is perception and the other thing is how much people want their phone to do everything NOW. I've let friends play with my phone but then they get all, "well it doesn't have turn by turn GPS stock so I don't want it" without realizing I have a fantastic app for that which only cost me a small amount. I guess it's a matter of preference. I've converted a few but some don't want to change. I do keep an eye out for other WP7 phones as well. Wish there was a bit more out there although it is kind of fun being a little different.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was in Verizon and the sales guy was kind of pushing Android, but I kept pushing for info on WP7 and its future with Verizon. He finally asked, what is it I like about WP7. After mentioning windows 8/WP7 integration, XBL Live and showing him the app switching on the Trophy (demo was running Mango BTW), he backed off the Android train. For what it's worth, he said he'd call when he heard of new WP7 phones on V., but I have a feeling that if he does actually call, I'll already know about it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I find this particularly humorous because IIRC there is a big fancy Apple store in that mall. Can't be real good for business if you're trying to sell iPhones. :p

Hmmmm... I've never tried going in that Apple store before. I may have to walk by to see if they have some kind of booster or repeater like palandri said. But if I had to guess, the reason why you can't really get a signal is the fact that mall is so huge. Going on a holiday weekend with thousands of people carrying around a smartphone, I'm sure overloads the towers just like when I go to a stadium for a sporting event.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm... I've never tried going in that Apple store before. I may have to walk by to see if they have some kind of booster or repeater like palandri said. But if I had to guess, the reason why you can't really get a signal is the fact that mall is so huge. Going on a holiday weekend with thousands of people carrying around a smartphone, I'm sure overloads the towers just like when I go to a stadium for a sporting event.

you allot of people on cell phones , doesnt have to be smartphones ,,,, wiklll basicly cost dropcalles on overflow... thats why in majour sporting events , cell carriers normaly add boosters to the Statiums and such ....

but does things go for about 10k$$ + ...

or when ur home and your crapy Iphone still doesnt work they ahve this: Cell Booster, Cell Phone Signal Boosters, Cell Phone Antenna Boosters | Alternative Wireless

ether way none personal consumer boosters are worth it .. 100% waist of cash.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow. i saw one yesterday and thought the same thing. It was also a focus.i didn't want to sound creepy so I resisted the urge to ask her if she liked it and how long she had it. haha

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
you allot of people on cell phones , doesnt have to be smartphones ,,,, wiklll basicly cost dropcalles on overflow... thats why in majour sporting events , cell carriers normaly add boosters to the Statiums and such ....

but does things go for about 10k$$ + ...

or when ur home and your crapy Iphone still doesnt work they ahve this: Cell Booster, Cell Phone Signal Boosters, Cell Phone Antenna Boosters | Alternative Wireless

ether way none personal consumer boosters are worth it .. 100% waist of cash.

To be honest, I don't really get why boosters or repeaters work. I mean, these devices connect to the same overloaded tower(s) as everyone else around you, right?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I don't really get why boosters or repeaters work. I mean, these devices connect to the same overloaded tower(s) as everyone else around you, right?

well what you see at Sportign events is this: Google Images
and the word BOOSTER is not used properly. what it really does is ADD to the amount of Device that can connect to the tower. they are in essence their OWN tower. (portable antennas)

you can get actual BOOSTERS that just makes your Signal stronger but does suck.

MySweetf

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I do not know if this is my phone, or ATT. I have not seen, atts pull the worst of the city is Las Vegas and SF. I can assure you the worst in Las Vegas. So many times I want to throw against the wall. Can not wait to retire tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte