09-23-2011 12:24 PM
108 12345
tools
    What I don't get is why Microsoft's holding Mango so much. Everyone's ready, both OEMs and carriers, they just need to push the god damn button. Even if some carrier(s), *hint*AT&T*hint* is/are requesting the delay, screw them. It's obvious that the iPhone/iOS and Android hype will completely sink Mango's momentum anyway, but the sooner the better.

I'm on Vodafone Portugal and I haven't heard of anything (I know that it's Vodafone Germany that's creating all the apprehension about today), probably because portuguese carriers simply don't care about WP7. But I have an unbranded phone, so that doesn't worry me. It's LG that I'm waiting for (which, being Korean, I'd expect them to be in the front line on the global release).

That aside, I want to believe that it's coming this week (I don't believe that MS is that stupid). Although I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

--

Oh, look. Guess that we'll have to wait another week or two.

For months, we and dozens of our partner companies have been laying the groundwork for the Windows Phone 7.5 update—and making solid progress. As a result, we now expect to start rolling it out in the next week or two. At that time, we’ll also refresh the Where’s My Phone Update? table to reflect the worldwide rollout status.
    http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_p...on-timing.aspx
    Last edited by lycosman; 09-21-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added info
    09-21-2011 11:50 AM
    If Microsoft really are holding it back a week or two, and it is just for the benefit of one or two carriers while everyone else is raring to go, then it's one of the dumbest judgment calls I've seen in a long while.
    09-21-2011 12:33 PM
    If Microsoft really are holding it back a week or two, and it is just for the benefit of one or two carriers while everyone else is raring to go, then it's one of the dumbest judgment calls I've seen in a long while.
    Well they say it will start rolling out so they may be starting with carriers that are ready and get to the slackers later.

I've heard (beta testing contacts) the DVP is ready and I suppose the HD7 is done as we've seen final roms so things look good for T-Mo US customers. And they we're quick with the Nodo update as well. Good times ahead.
    09-21-2011 12:55 PM
    waiting for att probably. you know, the carrier that said they would be out in the front with releasing updates.
    09-21-2011 01:00 PM
    anyone heard anything about sprint?!
    09-21-2011 01:09 PM
    O2 have just tweeted:

"Anyone for Mango? The latest version of Windows Phone 7 is coming in the next couple of weeks - watch out for more info soon..."
    09-21-2011 01:39 PM
    I just asked Vodafone P via twitter if they're ready and they're also still testing...
    09-21-2011 01:42 PM
    What I don't get is why Microsoft's holding Mango so much. Everyone's ready, both OEMs and carriers
    I haven't heard anything about the carriers being ready.
    09-21-2011 01:44 PM
    Some have announced they are ready, incl the 3 big carriers in Australia and Telus and Bell in Canada.
    09-21-2011 01:48 PM
    Sheesh, 1 - 2 weeks more is pretty good. They pretty much hit their deadline right on the nose. I'm sure they have sever upgrades and what not to do. I give them an A+ if it starts rolling out in the next couple of weeks. Job well done MS.
    09-21-2011 01:56 PM
    Sheesh, 1 - 2 weeks more is pretty good. They pretty much hit their deadline right on the nose. I'm sure they have sever upgrades and what not to do. I give them an A+ if it starts rolling out in the next couple of weeks. Job well done MS.

i doubt it because he says emphasis on START OF in the blog....meaning the unlocked versions will start to get it in the next two weeks and carrier versions will get it.........who knows?
    09-21-2011 01:59 PM
    I don't see that anywhere.
    Where
    i doubt it because he says emphasis on START OF in the blog....meaning the unlocked versions will start to get it in the next two weeks and carrier versions will get it.........who knows?
    09-21-2011 02:06 PM
    I don't see that anywhere.
    Where
    sorry you're right....i forgot where i read that but I did read that there was an emphasis on START OF

Edit

Hi everybody. Thanks for your questions. I’ll have more details to share about the update once it begins in the next week or two. But by “roll out” I mean we’ll be starting the actual delivery process--emphasis on starting.

Eric
    Last edited by jrdatrackstar; 09-21-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    09-21-2011 02:08 PM
    What O2 have said ties in with the blog. 1 to 2 weeks it is!

Colour me happy. :)
    09-21-2011 02:08 PM
    Theefman already said it. A lot of them announced that they're ready.
    09-21-2011 02:11 PM

My lot answered me today this was how it went.

Me

Frustrated and an annoying question time again LOL.

Any word on my Mango update from 3 ? Will it be this month ? Thank you ever so much.

Please don’t tell me you don’t know, because I know you do LOL ;o)

Them

Silence

Me

Hmmm still no reply to my Mango enquiry. What’s the big secret 3? Come on!

Them

David – We can’t confirm the timings around Mango at the moment. As soon as we can we’ll let you know.

A likely story me thinks. It's easier getting blood out of a stone. Sigh
    09-21-2011 02:16 PM

My lot answered me today this was how it went.

Me

Frustrated and an annoying question time again LOL.

Any word on my Mango update from 3 ? Will it be this month ? Thank you ever so much.

Please don’t tell me you don’t know, because I know you do LOL ;o)

Them

Silence

Me

Hmmm still no reply to my Mango enquiry. What’s the big secret 3? Come on!

Them

David – We can’t confirm the timings around Mango at the moment. As soon as we can we’ll let you know.

A likely story me thinks. It's easier getting blood out of a stone. Sigh
    That's lame.

TBH, I've never been a fan of 3. I don't know about now, but their tariffs used to be expensive and the customer service... even worse.
    09-21-2011 02:21 PM
    Yeah well i have been with them for years and because of that i get a loyalty discount so get my monthly tariff (The One Plan) for 10 which included my Omnia 7 for free.

No moans about that, 5000 texts, unlimited data, 5000 3 to 3 minutes, 2000 mins to any network. Now that's a bargain me thinks.

Customer service is pretty rubbish apparently tons of moans about it but i have only had to call them twice about things and they were great with me.

I guess i must have been lucky. Here where I live, I can't fault the service it works great all the time.

Where else could i have gotten a free Omnia 7 and and all that for 10 ? :)

The normal price for a SIM only deal (The One Plan) is 25 nothing comes close on the other UK networks as far as i know.

Info on The One Plan (Click the more about the one plan link)

http://www.three.co.uk/?id=1184&aidset=1

Scuse all the android rubbish. (ooops i'm bashing again sorry) :)
    09-21-2011 02:31 PM
    ^^ Really can't argue with that; that's an absolute bargain. And, if you've been lucky enough not to have any problems (deal with their customer service) - even better. :)

I wonder if they're still the most expensive to call from a landline? Around 8 years ago they were literally 7 times the cost per minute than all of other service providers.
    09-21-2011 02:44 PM
    Didn't Ofcom put a stop to all that nonsense ? I think the mobile networks are all pretty standard now from a BT landline Big Supes.
    09-21-2011 02:49 PM
    Didn't Ofcom put a stop to all that nonsense ? I think the mobile networks are all pretty standard now from a BT landline Big Supes.
    That's encouraging to hear. :) TBH, I've been out of the telecoms for around 6 years now so I'm a little out of touch with regulations.
    09-21-2011 02:58 PM
    I'm going to have to say yes to Friday. Microsoft said:
    -The update is going well
    -The update is almost ready
    -The update will be within 2 Weeks, starting today
    -Friday is the first day of Fall, so Microsoft can release it then.

It all points to Friday, this was actually my original guess.
    09-21-2011 02:59 PM
    Are you sure baileystein ? Even with what they said on the Windows Phone Blog ?

(Rolling out in the next week or two)

Where

Oh and a big welcome along to WPC. :)
    09-21-2011 03:03 PM
    That's encouraging to hear. :) TBH, I've been out of the telecoms for around 6 years now so I'm a little out of touch with regulations.
    Yes well it's not called The General Post Office now Big Supes, they changed it to British Telecom, then just BT. (The things you learn on here) ;)

Oh and if you're old enough to remember Buzby he's dead LOL

09-21-2011 03:05 PM
    lets put it this way if i dont get my sweet mango in at least 6 days im gunna START getting frustrated -_-
    09-21-2011 03:16 PM
108 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD