chance of mango this friday

wp7outlaw

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just wana know what you think the chance of mango being released friday is?

Low- Why?
High- why?

Look forward to reading your thoughts.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Nobody really knows for sure.

On the one hand, Friday is the first day of Fall. Tweets from MS staff referred to the start of Fall when people were complaining about Mango not releasing last Friday. Also, every bit of info we get suggests the Mango release is imminent.

On the other hand, we have several indications that Mango was originally supposed to launch September 15 or 16. It seems pretty likely that MS has missed their target date. So all bets may be off at this point. Also, we've never been given any concrete info besides Fall 2011.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I would have to say low as well. They said fall, and even though the 23rd is the beginning of fall, there's a good 3 months there. I would be shocked if they did it that quick. I hope I'm wrong though. I work in a cooperate office and man oh man any little thing needs a song and dance. So this isn't much different. One change needs meetings and testing and meetings about the testing and blah blah blah

Sent from my Dell Venue Pro using Board Express

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Low, Joe Belfiore said - in response to the 15th Sept rumors - that Mango will be released in the Fall which doesn't start until the 23rd but not to read too much into that.
Implying that anything before the 23rd is incorrect but that doesn't mean the 23rd is the correct date.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I would have to say low as well. They said fall, and even though the 23rd is the beginning of fall, there's a good 3 months there. I would be shocked if they did it that quick. I hope I'm wrong though. I work in a cooperate office and man oh man any little thing needs a song and dance. So this isn't much different. One change needs meetings and testing and meetings about the testing and blah blah blah

Sent from my Dell Venue Pro using Board Express

But there are two carriers in France who have publidly acknowledged that they are ready to release Mango when they get the wordFurthermore it would seem that a lot of apps have been magofied and Zune has been updated for mango reception and devices have received two WP updates for USB and a device. All things would appear to pointing towards sooner rather than later.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
stop, just stop

do you realize how much happier you will be if you just wait for it? don't put your personal deadline on it, and be pleasantly surprised when it is released

Reactions: VernonEL and ikkf

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, I want it this Friday but I doubt we'll see it. You'd think MS would unleash a Mango awareness blitz when it launches. Until I hear a bell toll in marketing, I just don't see it.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
microsoft is simply not ready...

Think about it...

Those guys in Taiwan are getting their updates in stores. Not over the air.
Why do you think? HTC and microsoft don't have the system up and ready for mass public update yet. Otherwise those people in Taiwan would be getting updates over the air.

If they're ready, or almost ready, or even very close to ready, I would think that HTC would prefer OTA rather than going into the trouble to train in store tech and handle all the upgrade request from their customer manually.

They're simply not ready....

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Low, Joe Belfiore said - in response to the 15th Sept rumors - that Mango will be released in the Fall which doesn't start until the 23rd but not to read too much into that.
Implying that anything before the 23rd is incorrect but that doesn't mean the 23rd is the correct date.

my thoughts exactly
I would say : very low chance of Mango this week

wp7outlaw

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Cool thanks for the replies so far just wondered what everything thought about it being this friday quite interesting to read every ones thoughts on it thanks alot guys

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd say 50/50.

On the positive side, whatever the delay was that meant the 15th was missed is hopefully resolved by now, we know the software is done, carriers are ready etc. And on top of that they *really* need to get it out before the end of September or it'll be lost in the hype around the iPhone 5/iOS 5 launch in October and then in the Ice Cream Sandwich rollout. To say it would be a missed opportunity to get mango some undivided attention would be a massive understatement.

On the negative side - MS are a huge corporation who probably won't mind keeping their customers hanging on a bit longer to keep a carrier sweet if that is where the delay is, they might even think launching at the same time as iPhone 5/iOS 5 or the next version of Android will steal some thunder (debatable, and very risky), and of course there's been no fixed date so we could always have been looking at well into November anyway. And of course they might be thinking they can sell some new phones here - mango handsets arrive early October. If they hold the upgrade back for everyone else, I bet *some* people will bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Low, for the same reason as some others - Belfiore's remark about not reading too much into it. On the other hand, he may have just said that as a way of trying to continue to manage expectations and we'll all be pleasantly surprised when it does happen. I try not to think about it, but even I have to admit that I'm getting a bit antsy reading all these tweets from @windowsphone when they say something like "Try application XYZ on your Windows 7.5 phone!", and I'm like "Yeah, I'd love to, if you'd just release the friggin' thing already!". :p

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with 50/50. In light of O2's tweet "it's coming very soon, watch this space", I define "very soon" as a matter of days. Not weeks.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I think that's precisely the reason so many people are getting narked - not because mango isn't out, but because so very many people *do* have it, and have apps for it and are promoting it and so on, that not releasing it to everyone is starting to get silly. The people who will get it last are the people who have arguably been the "best behaved" from the point of view of an ideal customer - the ones who haven't updated using leaked ROMs, haven't set up dev accounts purely to get betas and so on.

It's not the waiting that's the issue and even in the absence of a solid release date I don't think it ever has been. It's the teasing.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I asked 3 and they said they couldn't tell me (Rotten Fibbers) but it would be very soon. Pah!

Maybe if i done a Simpsons on them it would work. :)

When am i getting the Mango update from 3 ?, Sorry we cant tell you.
When am i getting the Mango update from 3 ?, Friday 23rd of September.

Woo Hoo Result! ;)

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
...I'm getting a bit antsy reading all these tweets from @windowsphone when they say something like "Try application XYZ on your Windows 7.5 phone!", and I'm like "Yeah, I'd love to, if you'd just release the friggin' thing already!". :p

Me too. That's the thing that sticks for me. Most of the people following those twitter accounts (windowsphone, belfiore etc) are simply end users like most of us on here. We don't have Mango, so going on about it just annoys people. In fact, it was no more than a couple of tweets after Joe's tweet about the 15th not being a release date that he was tweeting along the lines of "Got Mango? Try this..."

Anyone working at MS with a Windows Phone will have got Mango weeks ago, so people like Joe Belfiore will have forgotton what it's like not to have it.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I think that's precisely the reason so many people are getting narked - not because mango isn't out, but because so very many people *do* have it, and have apps for it and are promoting it and so on, that not releasing it to everyone is starting to get silly. The people who will get it last are the people who have arguably been the "best behaved" from the point of view of an ideal customer - the ones who haven't updated using leaked ROMs, haven't set up dev accounts purely to get betas and so on.

It's not the waiting that's the issue and even in the absence of a solid release date I don't think it ever has been. It's the teasing.

Microsoft's award to those decent and honest customers:

_42336306_fridges_beveridge.jpg

:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb