09-26-2011 01:02 AM
64 123
tools
    Satisfied about what? Am I satisfied the roll-out is/was a bit of a mess? Not really - I'd much rather it had been better organised with a clear date, less teasing from people at MS with mango hardware about how great mango is to everyone without mango hardware, and non-contradictory information from MS and carriers.

Am I satisfied with mango? I dunno - despite all the above I still don't have it yet! :)
    09-23-2011 03:39 AM
    Just wondering, for the folks that have unlocked devices, does anyone have any idea when Mango will be released for us?
    From what I've been told by people in the WP boat since day one, we'll probably be the first ones to get it. The OEMs just have to be ready (generally, they are) when Microsoft pushes the big Update Now button.

I see that you have a Sammy. I have an LG and, since Mango is already being rolled out (although in a non orthodox way) in Korea, that makes me believe that Korean OEMs are ready and standing by. But don't take my word for it. I may be completely wrong (hope not). ;)

As for your last question, I believe that it will be delivered through Zune, regardless of the carrier or OEM.
    09-23-2011 04:08 AM
    For those using the Verizon Trophy, they have a support page up for the Mango update that says Coming Soon. With a bit more digging it looks like Verizon will inform customers via an update alert on the phone, similar to a calendar alert popup. So you don't need to consistently plug your phone into your computer and check Zune.
    09-23-2011 09:02 AM
    Here is a link to a pdf for the HTC Trophy on Verizon.

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/trophy.pdf
    09-23-2011 09:44 AM
    Well ATT is supposed to be putting it out for the Quantum Surround and rev 1.3 foci on Tuesday the 27th rev1.4 and HD7s mid october!
    09-23-2011 09:58 AM
    HAA! my prediction where right!!!! lol ... mango sept 27th.... PWN
    09-23-2011 10:02 AM
    I'm wondering if it will be in Zune Marketplace software updates or if the device manufactuer(samsung) will have the updates on their sites. I will have to bother Samsung for some info until I can get an answer.
    its gona be on ZUNE ... unbranded OR branded phones alike...

the updates are rolled out by MS , not RTMs or OEMs.

if you call Samsung . they will ref you to your carrier and your carrier wont be able to help cause MS takes care of it lol.... wild goose chase I’ve been on many times . hahaha
    09-23-2011 10:04 AM
    Rogers Wireless:
    Twitter
    Eep.
    Last edited by UVHyper; 09-23-2011 at 04:32 PM.
    09-23-2011 12:20 PM
    hmm,,, whos this MR roggers????

* We can only provide OS updates once the manufacturer makes it available**

hmm its cause its been available for over a month!!!
    09-23-2011 12:36 PM
    For those using the Verizon Trophy, they have a support page up for the Mango update that says Coming Soon. With a bit more digging it looks like Verizon will inform customers via an update alert on the phone, similar to a calendar alert popup. So you don't need to consistently plug your phone into your computer and check Zune.
    Some news today on two threads or postings in new here at WPC that VZN may be getting mango on the trophy on the 27th as well
    09-23-2011 03:04 PM
    I just captured a photo of an HTC Arrive running Mango at my local Sprint store. I have a photo for proof.
    09-24-2011 02:10 PM
    09-24-2011 02:12 PM
    If your still there check and see if it has Visual Voice mail
    09-24-2011 03:42 PM
    So... it's 26/9. Deutschetelekom said it'd come today. WHERE's MY MANGO?! ^^
    09-26-2011 01:02 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD