Mango coming in a week or two

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well given a couple of providers have now said they're starting rollout in a few days, in direct contradiction to what Microsoft said, I think we can pretty safely say that no one seems to know what's going on with mango now!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Well given a couple of providers have now said they're starting rollout in a few days, in direct contradiction to what Microsoft said, I think we can pretty safely say that no one seems to know what's going on with mango now!

Im willing to bet we are gona get mango next week..... the reason i say that

like you said *most carriers are ready and have been announcing the roll out to come out in few dayz*

and i think MS said in a week or 2 , because knowing MS and the delays ,, they probly played it safe incase something happens..

but everything looks to be going smooth so im expecting it by next week. But then again i haven’t herd ANY news from MY carrier ( ROGERS ) so maybe not lol.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's 3 UK tweeted now about their release of Mango in the next couple of weeks.

European carriers certainly seem to be leading the way with Mango announcements. :)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Probably thinking of early next week, which falls perfectly within the period MS has stated. Doubtful we'll see any weekend launches, not typical to roll out updates when support is minimal.

That's 3 UK tweeted now about their release of Mango in the next couple of weeks.

European carriers certainly seem to be leading the way with Mango announcements. :)

The silence from the US carriers is deafening, apart from at&t. Sure sign to me of their overall lack of support for WP7. Which is why even though I'm on T-mo and am actually against them being bought out by att, I advise people to switch if the coverage is the same. No point sticking with a carrier that wont give you a decent selection of devices running the OS you want.

wp7outlaw

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It could seem to be that verizon are the mo-fo's that are delaying our precious Mango goodness...

Microsoft will be updating its "Where's my phone update?" page, just as it did with the NoDo update and some of the smaller subsequent patches. Some of those took weeks and months on some carriers to pass the testing phase and actually become available to their users. There is a separate page for those in the United States and international areas. Neither page shows Mango just yet, but the U.S. page does show Verizon still hasn't pushed out 7392, released in early May, yet. Way to go Big Red

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It could seem to be that verizon are the mo-fo's that are delaying our precious Mango goodness...

Microsoft will be updating its "Where's my phone update?" page, just as it did with the NoDo update and some of the smaller subsequent patches. Some of those took weeks and months on some carriers to pass the testing phase and actually become available to their users. There is a separate page for those in the United States and international areas. Neither page shows Mango just yet, but the U.S. page does show Verizon still hasn't pushed out 7392, released in early May, yet. Way to go Big Red

VZN and ATT for the focus .3 have to rollout 7392 and Mango updates as carriers can delay only one update. ATT has said they will be among the first to roll out Mango so I expect that they get it out within the next two weeks but they will start with the quantum and go a bit slower with the fucus and if that is going well speed it up.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, for the folks that have unlocked devices, does anyone have any idea when Mango will be released for us?

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Would be great to know this not seen any dates so far :(

I'm wondering if it will be in Zune Marketplace software updates or if the device manufactuer(samsung) will have the updates on their sites. I will have to bother Samsung for some info until I can get an answer.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Satisfied about what? Am I satisfied the roll-out is/was a bit of a mess? Not really - I'd much rather it had been better organised with a clear date, less teasing from people at MS with mango hardware about how great mango is to everyone without mango hardware, and non-contradictory information from MS and carriers.

Am I satisfied with mango? I dunno - despite all the above I still don't have it yet! :)

lycosman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, for the folks that have unlocked devices, does anyone have any idea when Mango will be released for us?

From what I've been told by people in the WP boat since day one, we'll probably be the first ones to get it. The OEMs just have to be ready (generally, they are) when Microsoft pushes the big Update Now button.

I see that you have a Sammy. I have an LG and, since Mango is already being rolled out (although in a non orthodox way) in Korea, that makes me believe that Korean OEMs are ready and standing by. But don't take my word for it. I may be completely wrong (hope not). ;)

As for your last question, I believe that it will be delivered through Zune, regardless of the carrier or OEM.

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
For those using the Verizon Trophy, they have a support page up for the Mango update that says Coming Soon. With a bit more digging it looks like Verizon will inform customers via an update alert on the phone, similar to a calendar alert popup. So you don't need to consistently plug your phone into your computer and check Zune.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well ATT is supposed to be putting it out for the Quantum Surround and rev 1.3 foci on Tuesday the 27th rev1.4 and HD7s mid october!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if it will be in Zune Marketplace software updates or if the device manufactuer(samsung) will have the updates on their sites. I will have to bother Samsung for some info until I can get an answer.

its gona be on ZUNE ... unbranded OR branded phones alike...

the updates are rolled out by MS , not RTMs or OEMs.

if you call Samsung . they will ref you to your carrier and your carrier wont be able to help cause MS takes care of it lol.... wild goose chase I’ve been on many times . hahaha

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hmm,,, whos this MR roggers????

* We can only provide OS updates once the manufacturer makes it available**

hmm its cause its been available for over a month!!!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
For those using the Verizon Trophy, they have a support page up for the Mango update that says Coming Soon. With a bit more digging it looks like Verizon will inform customers via an update alert on the phone, similar to a calendar alert popup. So you don't need to consistently plug your phone into your computer and check Zune.

Some news today on two threads or postings in new here at WPC that VZN may be getting mango on the trophy on the 27th as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss