Best phone for Mum

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Need some help, my Mum lives back in London (me in US) and she's visiting. She has a featurephone someone gave her and was struggling with sending a text. I know a WP7 would be much easier with the Live tile for SMS, qwerty keyboard and want to get her a WP7 but which one? Cant be too big so it has to be one of the 3.7-3.8 inchers which means either a Trophy or Mozart. Not looking at the Radar as it would be too expensive for her casual use. Which one would you recommend?

I intend to buy it and have it shipped to her, it should be easy enough to walk her through setting it up. Also where is the best place to get one at a good price? Thanks.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, dont know if a hardware qwerty would be good for her though, cos of the extra weight and thickness. I think the 3.7" screen size would be enough for the onscreen keyboard to suffice. Points me to the other LG, Optimus which is all screen and 3.7" as well. Or are we talking about the same device? Quatum in the US has a 3.5" screen and physical qwerty.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah sorry ... 2 LG

Optium (touch)
and
Optimus Quantium (full QWERTY ) ( it might jusd be Quantium )

one has keybored other 100% touch ... both very nice .

to bad you cant wait for NOKIA`s MID range phones im sure they gona be cheaper :S

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Actually in no rush, thats a good idea. A low end Nokia will be a good all rounder performance and build wise. I'll see what they announce at their conference in October. By then the LG's will probably be cheaper still if that's the way I ultimately go.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The Titan would be great. Moms have purses and the big 4.7 inch screen will make typing and reading easier.

The qwerty on the Quantum is not very good. I wish LG would have just used the regular keyboard layout, but its got a wierd layout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually in no rush, thats a good idea. A low end Nokia will be a good all rounder performance and build wise. I'll see what they announce at their conference in October. By then the LG's will probably be cheaper still if that's the way I ultimately go.

I have a feeling that the Nokia handsets will show up in Europe first so going that route could very well be your best bet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3