Mango For (Most) AT&T Devices Tuesday the 27th

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
OMG. att us going to be on time with most of thirst devices. Why is the focus 1.4 later than the 1.3? What is so different between the two?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
They had to change to a different soc chip which requires different testing from the 1.3 soc chipset.

Anyway the 27th is next Tuesday thats great!! Now we can all start wondering when on Tuesday its coming!

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
And I shelled out the extra cash for an HD7s, and have to wait longer. Poo. My wife is gonna have it on her Quantum a week or two earlier than me. :(

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
They had to change to a different soc chip which requires different testing from the 1.3 soc chipset.

Anyway the 27th is next Tuesday thats great!! Now we can all start wondering when on Tuesday its coming!

pardon my ignorance, but what is an soc chip? and i think it will be later teusday. atleasts, thats when im going to update mine. after work when i have time for something to go wrong.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
SOC Definition?

pardon my ignorance, but what is an soc chip? and i think it will be later teusday. atleasts, thats when im going to update mine. after work when i have time for something to go wrong.
I am 90% sure that SOC stands for System on a Chip. This means that many (maybe all) major components of the device are on the one chip that Quallcomm supplies. This would include the cellular, WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, and FM radios. I hope someone else can verify this for me.

How do you spell Quallcomm?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, this is a good news/bad news situation for me. I have a r1.3 (yay me!) but my wife has a r1.4 (boo!). I can see her trying to talk me into switching phones with her just as soon as she finds out.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've got a focus and am pretty sure its 1.3. Where do i go in the phone to. Inform that?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I'm pretty sure it's on a label somewhere in the battery well. Also if you look at your OS version in the "About" screen and it says 7390 it's most likely 1.3, if it says 7392 it's definitely 1.4.

Last edited:

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
They better get the 1.4's sooner than the end of Oct. My wifes new focus is a 1.4 and for them to leave out a whole group of phones is crazy. That makes me pretty pissed of and im a very loyal wp user. They already did it to them on the NoDo release. Why the heck didnt they pre-plan to get the 1.4's out on time!?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
They better get the 1.4's sooner than the end of Oct. My wifes new focus is a 1.4 and for them to leave out a whole group of phones is crazy. That makes me pretty pissed of and im a very loyal wp user. They already did it to them on the NoDo release. Why the heck didnt they pre-plan to get the 1.4's out on time!?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I feel ya since I'm in the exact same predicament. Just talked to my wife and told her the situation and fortunately she had a very good attitude about it. Said she didn't mind waiting a little bit as long as she knows she's still getting it. That's my girl! :D

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I told my wife "dude, mango comes out next week!!!!! Isn't that awesome????"
Her response:"that's great honey, will you go clean the cat boxes?"

The woman has no soul......

Reactions: VernonEL

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I told my wife "dude, mango comes out next week!!!!! Isn't that awesome????"
Her response:"that's great honey, will you go clean the cat boxes?"

The woman has no soul......

Hahahaha at least you got a response, I just got a blank stare when I asked my wife if she wanted me to revert her Focus back to NoDo now, because she would be getting Mango next week.

Reactions: VernonEL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05