10-04-2011 01:05 PM
38 12
tools
    Yeah. Pretty much it's going to have to be Nokia + Mango to break through.
    I read people saying this all the time on this forum, but things continue to go as they Mango nor Nokia will matter bc no one know what a WP7 or Mango is. It starts with more advertising and more focused intensity on making sure that retailers know what they're selling.
    threed61 likes this.
    09-25-2011 09:33 AM
    I read people saying this all the time on this forum, but things continue to go as they Mango nor Nokia will matter bc no one know what a WP7 or Mango is. It starts with more advertising and more focused intensity on making sure that retailers know what they're selling.
    I agree, both companies need to start doing a major push, sort of like they do with Droid & iPhones, a month or 2 ahead of time. As you get closer to the release date, show more and more of the phone itself.
    09-25-2011 10:53 AM
    I switched from Verizon to AT&T back in February because I received terrible customer service every time I went into the store. It didn't matter what I was doing or asking they treated me like garbage.

While I'm not as happy with AT&T network (mostly dropped calls) the few times I needed CS I've been extremely happy! I even get follow up calls asking me if I was satisfied.

I guess at this point I'm happier with AT&T because they treat me like a valued customer and not an ***** that stumbled through the door.
    09-26-2011 12:36 PM
    That nice to know M4arc I have had no real issues with the ATT stores in my home twon. There are 2 we didn't get all the new phones in the past and I bought my focu from another attorney who changes phones frequently. So I dont generally go in to buy phones directly. I generally get them off of ebay. About once or twice a year I will go in and look and see what they have. Almost two years ago I did have to buy a new phone from ATT a Pure and I a up for discount next week but I will be waiting to look at and play with the Titan and Focus S before I decide anything!
    09-26-2011 12:57 PM
    I have a cousin that works for V. He told me that some guys will talk people towards a popular phone so they don't return it. If someone returns a phone they lose their commission.
    I had a rep tell me that when I went to purchase my Pre 2. In hind site I should have bought the iPhone that morning then returned it in the afternoon, killed the commision and walked out with the phone I wanted.

Almost as an Ef you kinda thing to them.
    threed61, jaded skies and ikkf like this.
    09-26-2011 01:39 PM
    I had a rep tell me that when I went to purchase my Pre 2. In hind site I should have bought the iPhone that morning then returned it in the afternoon, killed the commision and walked out with the phone I wanted.

OMG everyone should do that if a rep tries to sell them another phone besides the one they ask for. :ninja:
    09-26-2011 01:58 PM
    [QUOTE=Steveg;1568485]I had a rep tell me that when I went to purchase my Pre 2. In hind site I should have bought the iPhone that morning then returned it in the afternoon, killed the commision and walked out with the phone I wanted.

Almost as an Ef you kinda thing to them.[/QUOTE

Evil grin for your idea! In retrospect, I kinda wish I hadnt bought my pre 2 and gone straight to the Trophy.
    09-26-2011 03:34 PM
    I just picked up a Trophy. I also have a Droid X. I went into Verizon to see what they had for accessories for the Trophy. They had none. The guy tried to sell me some generic 4" screen protectors. I said no thanks. What I found really sad was not only their lack of knowledge and support of Windows Phone. but their lack of knowledge of the Android phones. I was checking out the Bionic and was overhearing two different sales people giving inaccurate information about Android. This was the Concord, NH store.

With their poor knowledge of Android and zero knowledge of Windows Phone it's amazing any Trophy's leave the store.
    09-26-2011 08:47 PM
    Next time fight the rep, video tape it and post it on here for lulz
    09-26-2011 09:04 PM
    d
    I just picked up a Trophy. I also have a Droid X. I went into Verizon to see what they had for accessories for the Trophy. They had none. The guy tried to sell me some generic 4" screen protectors. I said no thanks. What I found really sad was not only their lack of knowledge and support of Windows Phone. but their lack of knowledge of the Android phones. I was checking out the Bionic and was overhearing two different sales people giving inaccurate information about Android. This was the Concord, NH store.

With their poor knowledge of Android and zero knowledge of Windows Phone it's amazing any Trophy's leave the store.
    Welcome! Retail wages don't attract the best and brightest. The store I got mine at actually had 2 staff who knew what they were talking about, but I had to go to 3 different ones to find it in stock.
    09-26-2011 09:09 PM

That would be classic. We should all here make that standard operating procedure from now on.
    09-26-2011 10:11 PM
    sometimes I wish I could work at a cell phone company but then i remember that a lot of their customers are disgruntled
    09-26-2011 10:28 PM
    wow, didn't realize I was onto something here. Awesome. Go my children! Cause havoc in your local shops! Buy and return! Blame as many sales reps as you can! BE FLEET OF FOOT!
    10-04-2011 01:05 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD