FM radio on WP7 hardware?

atitdd

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys i remember seeing that all WP7 hardware required FM radios. while i do have my own music collection I often listen to fm and am radio (sports, morning talk). So is it true that all the phones come with an FM radio?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The radio was one of the reasons I chose the Zune over another iPod. You had your music collection, but you could listen to the radio too. This feature carried over to WP7 too. Sure you could use iHeartRadio instead, but this is easier on the data connection and battery :].

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Probably a dumb question, but does listening to the radio use up your data plan or is it separate?
Not if you're listening to the inbuilt FM radio ikkf, streaming radio is a different story but you have to use apps for those like Last FM, TuneIn Radio etc. :)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Probably a dumb question, but does listening to the radio use up your data plan or is it separate?

It's a regular FM radio, picking up the station off the airwaves just like in your car. So no, it doesn't use up data since you're not streaming anything. :)

Oops, sorry TheWeeBear, didn't mean to step on your post there. Looks like we were both typing an answer at the same time. :p

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6