So what's the first Mango thing you'll do?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The stars are aligning, Mango looks to be close for many people, as soon as next week in some cases. So after you've upgraded to the juicy, Mango goodness what's going to be your 1st port of call, or feature that you want to experience more than any other?

Going straight to IE myself, I surf a lot at work cos of restrictions so have to view some sites on my DVP so looking forward to the increased speed and GPU acceleration.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to check out some third-party apps. Supposedly Mango greatly speeds up third-party Silverlight-based apps. That's really the one area where WP7 lacks performance-wise. First thing I'll do is check the WPCentral and Engadget apps!

. . . then I'll play with IE9 :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed watching the live tiles flipping over with more info.
Smll_DR_products_Googly_Eyes.gif

Great feature.

Also love the speech to text when dictating sms messages, that worked amazingly well.
Especially with a Scottish accent. :)

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
One of the first things I'm doing after upgrading is to see how much I can do without any third-party apps installed....should make for an interesting experiment....

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
use multitasking, download those apps that create shortcuts to settings like wi-fi etc. and some other mango-apps :)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
use multitasking, download those apps that create shortcuts to settings like wi-fi etc. and some other mango-apps :)

Ah, now this I was a little disappointed with. I thought they'd be toggles rather than just shortcuts to the relevant setting. Ultimately it doesn't save that many clicks, and I think some sort of easy access toggle tool could still be a great addition to a future update.

As to what I did first - added twitter and merged my email accounts. Much more functional!

gearhead05

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Gonna make a ringtone! Kinda funny because I rarely have anyone actually CALL my phone but I've got so many songs in my music collection that have specific parts where I've always thought "this would make a good ringtone."

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Also love the speech to text when dictating sms messages, that worked amazingly well.
Especially with a Scottish accent. :)

Well it should understand deep south redneck then, lol. My droid barely understood me.

Multitasking and posting videos to facebook are high on my list for mango.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Multi-tasking is a disappointment, but it's better than nothing. Fast app switching on the other hand is a great feature :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos