question about updating to mango

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded over the phone with Verizon and picked the htc trophy because I like htc. Had no idea windows even made a phone and was very surprised at this UI. But I'm stuck with it for the next two years so here's my question: When I get the Mango update, how do I install it? I dont have or even know what Zune is, and I dont own a computer. Will I not be able to update to Mango? Please help me figure out how to do this!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
You need to install the Zune software oin your desktop/laptop computer. It will probably tell you that theres annew update to Zune 4.8 You need to install it the software will telll you to do for the install. When you get the update notification you need to sync up via usb cable to your computer and follow the instructions it will take care of itselef in most cases. You HAVE to have a computer or borrow someone computer temporarily

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It May Be Up To You

I wish I knew for sure, but my understanding is that carriers cannot update a device for you. I have been told that the OS version that the device shipped with is the one that is "sold" and that any update is up to the owner/consumer. Updating for you would be, in their words "modifying a product".

Of course this could be different depending on the carrier, whether it was a corporate, retail, or online store. I have not heard of any of the Windows Phone devices getting updated for consumers in the store, but that doesn't mean it hasn't/won't happen.

I hope someonewill be able to clarify.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My Update to the Update Info

I just checked with my contact at my local AT&T retail store, and they will help customers update devices that were purchased prior to the release of the OS update. As of right now they will not charge for the service, but have considered charging in the future.

Corporate and Retail stores are not required, or even encouraged, to help with OS updates. In my opinion, it is very unlikely that a Verizon Corporate store will help you with updating your Trophy. I hope I am wrong.

I am sure that with enough persistence you will be able to find someone that will help you get v7.5 when available.

PS: You could always purchase a computer, update, and return the computer. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz