iCaptnSpaulding

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I've recently noticed the WiFi on my HTC HD7 doesn't work very well and it seems to try connecting via data all the time, I have to wait on the home screen and watch the WiFi icon change solid before I open an app.
When I go to bing search, it automatically connects via data and usually gives me an error as I only have a gprs connection.

Any suggestions or advice? I noticed it funnily enough when I turned data off on the phone as I had a text off o2 saying I had run out for the month. Since I turned it off I was unable to get updates on news apps, facebook, twitter etc where I'd get a message saying it couldn't connect and to check my data settings. There's no wonder I've used so much data this month if that's what the phone uses as default connection.

Thanks

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I was just trying to narrow it down. There have been a few WiFi issues posted here. I didn't pay a lot of attention to them since my WiFi connections works fine. I think all the WiFi issues posted were solved. I think it had to do with router setting, but I am not sure. Maybe if you searched router in the forums you'll see something related.

iCaptnSpaulding

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Ah rite, it could well be my router although I don't have issues on my laptop or xbox 360, and my partner's iPhone seems fine.

Might reset it to factory settings to try or something :)

Thanks

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, maybe not to that extreme to factory reset Icaptn. Reset the router and modem. Unplug both and wait 30 seconds. Plug in the modem. Wait for it to completely reestablish, then the router. Then disable wifi on your phone, then reenable it. That should clear things up for you.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an HD7 too. From my experience, HD7 wifi signal is pretty weak. Unless you have a good signal from your AP, HD7 won't connect.

So try your WIFI at closer range to your AP first, if that still doesn't work, than there's something else. You should try other hotspots. In my case, as long as I'm getting good signal than my HD7 wifi will work OK.

But unfortunately, compared to other devices, HD7 wifi is really weak. In my bedroom I can use my IPAD and also tried my son's Xperia using Wifi successfully. Both are OK. But with my HD7 I have to get out of the room and get closer to the AP to get connected.

I have also notice this when comparing my son's Xperia and my HD7 in some cafe.

I've recently noticed the WiFi on my HTC HD7 doesn't work very well and it seems to try connecting via data all the time, I have to wait on the home screen and watch the WiFi icon change solid before I open an app.
When I go to bing search, it automatically connects via data and usually gives me an error as I only have a gprs connection.

Any suggestions or advice? I noticed it funnily enough when I turned data off on the phone as I had a text off o2 saying I had run out for the month. Since I turned it off I was unable to get updates on news apps, facebook, twitter etc where I'd get a message saying it couldn't connect and to check my data settings. There's no wonder I've used so much data this month if that's what the phone uses as default connection.

Thanks

iCaptnSpaulding

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have an HD7 too. From my experience, HD7 wifi signal is pretty weak. Unless you have a good signal from your AP, HD7 won't connect.

So try your WIFI at closer range to your AP first, if that still doesn't work, than there's something else. You should try other hotspots. In my case, as long as I'm getting good signal than my HD7 wifi will work OK.

But unfortunately, compared to other devices, HD7 wifi is really weak. In my bedroom I can use my IPAD and also tried my son's Xperia using Wifi successfully. Both are OK. But with my HD7 I have to get out of the room and get closer to the AP to get connected.

I have also notice this when comparing my son's Xperia and my HD7 in some cafe.

I wondered about this.

I'll try a power cycle/reboot and if all fails I'm afraid I cannot keep the phone as 3G is non existent in our area so defeats the object of having an internet phone without having decent WiFi connection. I doubt I'll get anywhere near the price I paid for it though as they don't seem to sell very well :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar