Time of AT&T Mango Release?

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Any of you AT&T users remember what time the NoDo update was available and do you think it will be similar for Mango? I was out of town when it happened last time so I don't recall. Just wondering if they starting rolling it out at 12:01am or is it something that happens mid-day tomorrow?

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would guess that it'd start rolling out as AT&T starts the day at around 9am, but I could be wrong. We'll see.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
When NoDo was pushed I updated close to 11am and 10:30 am was the first rumor that is was being pushed (per past postings here), so take those times for what it is worth.

kallemia

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm taking two days off to make sure I can get things set up the way I want... ;^) Actually I'd already planned the days off before it was announced/assumed that MS would begin rolling out the AT&T Mangoes tomorrow...

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the notification to update to NoDo around 3pm EST. I saw the news post that Mango had arrived for AT&T and got the notification about 4 hours later. Maybe they did a gradual rollout?

With Xbox 360 updates they usually push them out around 5am EST. I'm surprised they don't have a similar model for WP7. From what I'm aware of they're both of Microsoft's Entertainment division so you'd think their processes were similar.

Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow morning and Mango is waiting for me.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I remember Palm used to do their WebOS updates overnight, when they detected minimal use by the phone owners. I wonder if Mango will roll out the same way.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I remember Palm used to do their WebOS updates overnight, when they detected minimal use by the phone owners. I wonder if Mango will roll out the same way.
I have all but completely resigned to the fact that if someone wants my personal information, there is a way for them to get it.
However, I don't like the idea that an entity watches my activity under the guise of picking a great time to dish out updates. I doubt that if MS or the carriers were doing it this way, that they would even tell the public.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
How long does an update usually take?

I plan to update it at work if it rolls out.
Depending on how much you have loaded on device memory, 25 to 75 minutes. Part of the update process is a full backup, which takes most of the time. The backup will be stored on whatever machine you run the update.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss