Time of AT&T Mango Release?

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Connect phone to computer, and launch Zune software. Go to Setting, Phone, Update. It'll look for update. If it says your phone is up to date (7392), click something else, then back on update. WHILE it searching for the update, disconnect your computer from the internet. Then it'll say there is an update available. Leave Zune on that screen and reconnect to internet. Apply update. There were 2 for me. An OEM update (7403 I believe) and then 7720.68.

EDIT: Updates all done and my phone is happily a Mango now.

Last edited:

petercip

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I Litterally just clicked update, turned off the power to my ethernet switch, and while powered down, Zune told me I had an update.

Turned the power back up, and clicked download and install.

Currently on step 8 of 10... You guys just made my day SO much more enjoyable!

Screw Meetings!

-Pete

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
30sx2lu.jpg

:D

Jhursh

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mango!!

I ended up changing the cable to a shorter one, fixed it right up, but I had to do the same thing, ( turn off Internet) to get the update to 7392 as well......strange, but it seems to be working :)

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Are there any AT&Ters that got the update without the disconnect from the Internet trick? No notification here, but I'm not home to see if an update is found on Zune.

slsterling

Dec 19, 2010
www.twitter.com
Are there any AT&Ters that got the update without the disconnect from the Internet trick? No notification here, but I'm not home to see if an update is found on Zune.
I got a notification on my phone around 7:45 PM tonight. I guess I'm part of the lucky 10% to get it on the first day!

Mary Lynn

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Creating a backup now!

As of 10:00 EST today, my LGQuantum in AT&T hadn't gotten the update, so I forced it using the "turn off your wireless while searching for updates" method.

UPDATE: Backup is done, on to installing Mango!

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving it till Saturday (super busy for the rest of the week). If nothing by then then I will force the update. Hopefully there are no unforeseen driver issues that will pop up later.

P.S.

'ello Mary. Welcome to WPC!

Mary Lynn

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Figure 8 Dash, I've been lurking for a while and decided to finally join the forum!
So far, mango is quite tasty without any detectable bitterness.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Didn't realize that the force update installs OEM specific updates as well. I don't see much of a reason to keep waiting for my mango. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos