And in stark contrast to WP7 advertising

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Carriers are already starting to hype the next iphone. http://www.tipb.com/2011/09/26/vodafone-adds-teaser-page-iphone-5-release/. Why is it that Microsoft and their partners seem to be alergic to advertising WP7? You could understand the carriers and OEM's who have interest elsewhere but what is holding Microsoft back? Are we the only ones who care about this OS?

Just to add, tmobile announced 2 more android devices today, not a peep about the alleged Radar or Mango. Dont know what more it will take, Ballmer himself admits sales are poor, anti-WP7 bias is in every carrier store, yet they do nothing but post on twitter and youtube and make no play for the average comsumer. Baffling.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Amazing. There are some really cool videos on YouTube that would make great ads. Not sure why Microsoft won't put some on TV .

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I should be getting paid commission. By the end of this year, I will have my brother, dad, girlfriend, and friend from the gym all on WPs. :)

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I think that is all going to change when the Nokia phones roll out. Microsoft and Nokia have too much on the line.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft has a long history of letting there partners do the advertising. This goes way back to the WinMo days. Microsoft puts out some quality software then MS lets the people who buy it make the adds

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I should be getting paid commission. By the end of this year, I will have my brother, dad, girlfriend, and friend from the gym all on WPs. :)

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
'

Hey, I want a commission too! I've got my wife and youngest son on WP already, and will have my nephew and his wife on board when their upgrade comes through on ATT next month. :D

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So now Mango is here, and it seems the Titan will go on sale very soon, maybe even tomorrow in the UK. Yet we still are not seeing any evidence of any new advertising push from MS or any of their partners, all we've seen is youtube videos which will be missed by the people who MS needs to see them most.

Anyone else think this is just ridiculous? Ballmer had to admit recently that WP7 wasnt doing as well as expected but they seem to be putting no effort into getting new users on the platform. We cant say they are waiting for Mango anymore, what is holding MS back? Is Ballmer secretly Steve Jobs's brother or a paid plant for apple? They employed Brandon Foy, yet nothing new? Are we heading to another WebOS?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It is ridiculous. Mango is truly amazing but most will have to hear about it from a friend. Most tech sites I go to are talking about mango. Seems like Microsoft would want to take advantage of the attention and put out some cool ads.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

tmorningstar

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
ESPECIALLY with the iPhone 5 announcement right around the corner. That's gonna take what little spotlight Mango had. I feel like Mango is going to get lost in the iPhone 5/Ice Cream Sandwich shuffle.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

L

lumic

To be fair, I don't think I've seen more than one actual ANDROID ad. Most are done by the distributor, and some by the manufacturer.

I think Microsoft should step it up and attack in marketing, since there's no extremely convincing reason for any rep to recommend Android over Windows Phone for the average customer after Mango.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
To be fair, I don't think I've seen more than one actual ANDROID ad. Most are done by the distributor, and some by the manufacturer.

I think Microsoft should step it up and attack in marketing, since there's no extremely convincing reason for any rep to recommend Android over Windows Phone for the average customer after Mango.

MS should be advertising regardless of what's been done before. It's their OS, and I dont think the OEM will complain if MS gives them some free marketing which will give them more sales.

And BTW, the Titan is now available for ordering for delivery in 6 days time in the UK: htc titan - pre order contract mobile phone from phones 4u. Only sign was a tweet from Windows Phone UK that was retweeted by wmpoweruser.

Personally, I'm beginning to think that someone, no idea who, but someone in MS wants WP7 to fail. There was a theory a while back that said Sinofsky wanted it to fail because MS was going to port Windows 8 to the phone. Cant think of any other reason for the complete lack of advertising, especially when you compare to Kinect and Xbox and add in the fact that Xbox is included on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99