Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Well let's see here.

I have tried doing it with all data/WiFi on, just data on and WiFi off, WiFi on and data off, and all data WiFi on.

Once I hit update and Zune tells me my phone is up to date I click on either linking or wireless sync then back to update. At that point I have tried it in all different timed variables. anything from 1-2 seconds in increments of 5 seconds all the way up to the 30 second mark.

I just restarted my computer and opened Zune to check for the update, my Ethernet is plugged in and it tells me it can't check for the update at this time. I just get random messages like that constantly.

So sick of this, can't believe how much of my day I am wasting on it

I assume this is when your handset's wifi is still off.

Leave the data connection off on your phone and forget about it.
Turn the wifi on.
Connect to Zune.
Commence update.
Count to 5 and immediately turn the wifi off (on your phone) and pull the Ethernet cable from your PC/Mac; disconnect it from the internet (be quick).
If you get the "phone is up to date" message, add an extra second onto your count. If the same thing happens again... another second....

My fingers are crossed for you. :)

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to get back to that but for the past 10 minutes it gives me the "can't check for updates right now" My Ethernet is connected and I have restarted Zune but it just keeps giving me that message. I can't even get the "your phone is up to date" message anymore.

Streak Leader

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten this to work on a Mac using Windows Phone 7 Connector?

I got an update earlier on my VZW Trophy, but that only got me to 7392.

I have tried numerous times to turn of the wi-fi on my MacBook (counting 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi) and am having no luck.

Anyone?

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I assume this is when your handset's wifi is still off.

Leave the data connection off on your phone and forget about it.
Turn the wifi on.
Connect to Zune.
Commence update.
Count to 5 and immediately turn the wifi off (on your phone) and pull the Ethernet cable from your PC/Mac; disconnect it from the internet (be quick).
If you get the "phone is up to date" message, add an extra second onto your count. If the same thing happens again... another second....

My fingers are crossed for you. :)

Just did this

Waited 5 seconds and it said my phone is up to date. Waited 1-2 seconds and said it can't check for updates right now.

Does it all come down to timing and I just need to try several hundred times till it times just right to trick it?

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...thanks for all the help and putting up with my whining. I realize patience is a virtue but I really haven't had it when it comes to this update!

albertleao

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Firedancer, don't give up. I'm JUST as frustrated as you as I'm going through the identical problem. I'm sure we'll get it soon.

If anyone wants to help this is exactly what I'm doing
Phone wifi = on
phone data = off
Phone running 7290

I click update on zune and it says its up to date
I click linking
I click update and count to 3 and disconnect wifi

I always get the error code or the up to date message. I've tried several different combinations

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I got to step 7 of 9 for the mango update, but the i got error code c1oo7? I think, then disconnected my phone, now its stuck in a mode like it's still connected to the pc, and zune wont recognize it anymore. anyone else experience this?

mserle

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to try about 5 times before I got 7392 to show, then on first try I got 7403 which automatically started 7720 when it finished. I had wifi off data on for 7392, then both off for 7304.

lycosman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten this to work on a Mac using Windows Phone 7 Connector?

I got an update earlier on my VZW Trophy, but that only got me to 7392.

I have tried numerous times to turn of the wi-fi on my MacBook (counting 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi) and am having no luck.

Anyone?

I tried countless times and couldn't get it to work. Gladly I have Windows 8 installed on another partition. With Zune, it worked on the first attempt.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
anybody updated to Mango a HTC HD7 ? I am interested in firmware, hardware, radio, etc. versions

Mine are:
OS Version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware rev no.: 2250.21.40502.401
Hardware rev. no.: 0002
Radio software version: 5.69.09.29a_22.50.50.21U
Radio hardware version: A.102.0.D4
Bootloader version: 4.5.2250.0 (129185)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member