Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay, several people have asked here about the firmware info. Here is what I have for my Samsung Focus not forced. If someone could post there info for a Samsung Focus that has been forced for comparison.

OS Version - 7.1.7720.68
Firmware revision - 2103.11.8.1
Hardware revision - 3.1.0.7
Radio Software - 2103.11.8.1
Radio Hardware - 0.0.0.3
Bootloader - 5.8.0.2
chip soc - 0.36.2.0

just checked and my settings are the same as yours....forced focus.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the process of installing 7403 right now. The trick works really well and I haven't had problems pulling it off.

I was originally going to wait, but things are final so what's the point. If they decide to update the firmware after the fact... worst comes to worst I don't get the update until Apollo.

troy0927

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
took lots of tries but finally got 'er going with Arrive. Phone was in airplane mode, rebooted for good measure, counted "one one thousand, 2" then disconnected (no one thousand for 2nd count).... and voila! took me LOTs of tries to get this timing right but I got it and am updating now!

WPC and XDA-Dev guys are the best! Thanks for not making me wait like a schlub! PARTY!

bruceatk2

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I did my Trophy as soon as this trick was posted on the front page. It took about an hour total. I did not do anything with my phone. I just disabled the network connection by right clicking on the connection in "Change Adapter Settings" in "Network and Sharing Center" in Windows 7. It worked first time for 7392 and 7403. 7720 started on it's own. Step 7 on 7720 took forever, but I patiently waited.

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
It took a few tries to trick Zune but it worked. I already had 7392 so it went right into 7403.

Much gratitude to whomever came up with this trick!

slsterling

Dec 19, 2010
www.twitter.com
I have been attempting this ALL day and failing. As pat of a last ditch attempt I restarted my computer, thinking that would somehow make a difference (I was desperate at this point).

When I started up Zune, a phone notification popped up, and my update process began! I guess I'm part of the 10% that got the update rolled out today. So I'm really lucky on that hand because I could not get this method to work for me.

During the update process I found out my phone's driver needs to be updated (error 801812C1). So, still no idea if I'll have Mango soon, but this is progress. Good luck everyone else.

jkercado

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Gammit, it's taking FOREVER with the 7720 update...It's "determining the amount of disk space required to complete the update".

Argh come on!

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Downloading the sweet MANGO now!!!!! Afterwards, I going out to get a Smoothie from SmoothieKing called Mangosteen Madness!!!!

TotalLamer

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Well I forced the update on my Focus.

Got through the first two pre-Mango updates... and finally to the Mango update.

Unfortunately it got all the way to step 9 of 10 (restarting your phone) and now it's stuck at the Samsung splash screen. :mad: Sat there at step 9 of 10 for maybe 20 minutes before I unhooked it and battery pulled to get it to shut off, still stuck at the Samsung screen. Zune won't recognize it being connected either un order to Restore it.

Any suggestions?

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Well I forced the update on my Focus.

Got through the first two pre-Mango updates... and finally to the Mango update.

Unfortunately it got all the way to step 9 of 10 (restarting your phone) and now it's stuck at the Samsung splash screen. :mad: Sat there at step 9 of 10 for maybe 20 minutes before I unhooked it and battery pulled to get it to shut off, still stuck at the Samsung screen. Zune won't recognize it being connected either un order to Restore it.

Any suggestions?

Should have just let it sit there because you might have stopped it during the part where it was updating the firmware. (Always the risky part)

TotalLamer

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Should have just let it sit there because you might have stopped it during the part where it was updating the firmware. (Always the risky part)

That's the thing though, it HAD been sitting there. For quite awhile as if it got stuck while restarting.

Is there a way to force a Restore with the backup?

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
That's the thing though, it HAD been sitting there. For quite awhile as if it got stuck while restarting.

Is there a way to force a Restore with the backup?

Have you tried the three button reset? Power button, down volume button and camera button from the phone being turned off.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Working for me on the 3rd try, installing 7403 now!

Edit: and my second DVP running the generic rom got an OTA notification as well! Double mango tonight!! (Haven't powered up my 3rd DVP yet, could be triple-Mangoing).

Last edited:

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC Arrive from Sprint is updated!

I used the trick and it worked! I am so stoked. It took about an hour or more for the backup and the first update (7.0.7403.0) plus the Mango update (7.10.7720.68).

I did get screen captures of both updates plus a few photos of the phone in progress.

Big SIGH of relief!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)