Microsoft says beta users without backups cannot upgrade to 7720?

amenfashion

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Because Zune NATURALLY pushed the update to my HTC Trophy (Verizon Wireless). Am I missing something here? I swear Microsoft said if you lost your backup, and were using Mango beta, the update would NOT be pushed to your Zune software/phone etc..

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The fixed that it was anounced yesterday that people running the developer versions wount have to go back to NoDo to update.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was running the RTM as many of you know on my HTC Arrive and updated with no problems at all. I didn't need to back up to NODO. I'm on MANGO BABY!!!. Sweet too. No need for a cell phone kit (rooting and XDA) to make my phone better and faster. Mine is faster and better running STOCK MANGO!! BOOM!

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was running the RTM as many of you know on my HTC Arrive and updated with no problems at all. I didn't need to back up to NODO. I'm on MANGO BABY!!!. Sweet too. No need for a cell phone kit (rooting and XDA) to make my phone better and faster. Mine is faster and better running STOCK MANGO!! BOOM!

Same here. Was running the RTM 7720 Mango on my T-mobile HD7 and was able to get the update with no problems. It's running smooth and seems faster than the previous 7720 for some reason. I'm really happy it worked this way because I was making a google docs file with all my app info and how I have my start page set up so I could put it all back on after going back to nodo. The update the way they did it saved me a ton of time and headaches.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Same here with Techblogger and Enemy Zero, got home from work last night, fired up my computer, started zune, plugged in my phone, was updated and back on my phone in about 45 minutes. Went from 7720 RTM to official Mango on my Arrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos