Mango bugs/complaints thread

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I thought we should just make a list of bugs/complaints and somehow get them to Microsoft.

Here are some(some are still carrying over from NoDo).

• HTC Arrive, when sliding open the keyboard, THEN unlocking the phone, the keyboard light doesn't turn on.
  • Keyboard light only stays on about 5 seconds, it should ideally stay on as long as the keyboards open & the screen's still on. If the screen turns off then the keyboard should too.
  • When hitting the power button to check the time, the time doesn't instantly display anymore. It did in NoDo. Don't know what's up with that.
  • Resolution of the "card view" apps are bad when you tap them. I'm assuming it screencaps the app then goes into card view, but the resolution is kind of bad.
  • Search button in Marketplace no longer takes you to search the marketplace. Why?
  • Emails STILL don't delete from the server for Gmail when I delete them from my phone.
  • There's custom ringtones now, but still no custom notification/alert/alarm tones.
  • Audio quality of whatever media is playing changes as soon as you hit the 'search' button which brings up the Bing interface. Exit the Bing screen are quality goes back to normal.
  • Zune still skips when searching from the homescreen. Every once in a while when beginning a text it will fail to capitalize.
  • Multitasking thumbnails seem to lose quality over time
  • Search fields lower audio volume
  • Still can't load images in an email instantly
  • Sometimes my Omnia 7 reboots when I try to power off
  • Emails with no subject specified are threaded
  • Twitter contacts are missing.
  • Pictures in emails don't show up by default
  • Autocorrection for Spanish isn't as powerful as for English
  • The new IE interface takes longer then it did before to navigate - switching between tabs is kind of a pain now
  • I wish they had added a feature like task manager where you could go in and stop programs (especially internet explorer). There are times I have had things lock up and then I am just stuck with having to restart the phone - task manager would mean they could actually be stopped instead
  • Wish they hadn't changed the XBox live background - that white background is glaring and painful, and they seem to have made the list so it is smaller which makes it harder to read, especially with the white background
  • And I wish that I could get audio with my bluetooth headphones when watching videos - I have an attachment that makes them work but it would be nice if they worked directly with the phone like it does with music
  • I know this isn't a big deal but I wish they had either made it so you can change the color/picture on live tiles so they are not all the same color, or at least added some color options because well, I would like my phone to be more fun looking then it does now and that would make it quicker to find things on the main screen, and speaking of live tiles I wish I could change the size of the calendar and picture buttons
  • Oh, and the autocorrect thing is annoying now and I can't find anywhere to modify it, where before you could turn it off if you wanted to (if they still have it as an option I haven't found it). And when you do talk to text for messages it decides what is and is not appropriate and if it finds a word offensive it gives you symbols instead. It isn't really up to microsoft to decide what is an appropriate word and what isn't.[/QUOTE]
  • Why can't I tap to see signal strength, wifi connection, and battery life when browsing in either landscape or portrait? I wouldn't care so much if WiFi didn't drop out (and not notify me!) and go to using the data connection. My phone occasionally drops it, and starts using my data! I have to turn my data connection off now, just to make sure I don't burn through it accidentally.
  • Virtual keyboard drops out of sight while typing

WHY WHY WHY WHY am I FORCED to sync my OneNote notes to Skydrive?!?!?!? I DO NOT WANT MY NOTES OUT ON THE INTERNET! Seriously... Give me one good reason why I should be forced to do this? And how are the LEGALLY allowed to do this? If you can't tell, this upsets me.

• New Mango bug, not auto capitalizing/pulling up VKB - YouTube
  • Text limit still 160; After that, it says, "message too long"
  • When typing/texting, the first letter doesn't automatically capitalize.
  • Keyboard backlight still dims after a couple seconds.
  • IE9 tabbed browsing sucks. I like opening up multiple tabs when surfing so that I can go back to where I was initially. I hate not having the "tabs" button anymore. It is a pain going into the options.
  • Hate that there is not a separate volume for media and Ringer volume.
  • Facebook notifications should show as read whether you view them through your "ME" hub, or through the FB app.
  • Facebook notification should take you to the mentioned thread when tapping on the incoming notification at top of device.
  • "TO-DO'S" ON THE CALENDAR HUB!!!! The calendar is one of the top features for me and others.
  • Under "Albums", when you go to "People", you should be able to comment on those photos, just as if you were to open up a contact individually. This has to be seamless.
  • One Note: Where is my option to delete when "pressing and holding" the tile icon when pinned to "Start"?
  • One Note: Why do I have to press the "Back Arrow" to save? That just means that I have to close my keyboard first, requiring an extra tap. Yes, an extra tap.
  • One Note: Why can't I delete the note when looking at the "tile icon" in the app? Why do I have to open the note to delete? I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO USE EVERNOTE!!!

I've got my Samsung Focus paired with my car via Bluetooth. It worked awesome on NoDo, but I have an interesting problem in Mango. The voice prompt lady is practically inaudible now. I'm not able to hear text messages being read back or the confirmation I'm calling someone. The volume for my calls is fine though. Anyone else having this problem?
  • I want to be able to create custom hubs so I can have all of my news apps (CNN, FoxNews, Weather Channel, etc) all tucked into one little hub on the start screen. If I can change the color of it, or even add a custom picture, EVEN BETTER.
  • HTC Arrive: Slide open the keyboard, stops playing music.

After the Mango update, opening an email causes distortion in the layout of the page.
    While everything looks as it used to do in NoDo, there's now seemingly a programming bug somewhere in the code of that module. The layout distortion is such that the control arrows to move between the emails along with the letters from the keyboard get shadowed in the header area of the email. Sometimes it is even the body of the email (esp. with emails containing graphics, where it is clearly visible) that gets a shadowy reflection there.

To sum it up, everything works and looks the same as previously, except that now there is this shadow reflected in the upper part of the screen. Scrolling the screen just a little makes it disappear. It can then show up at particular intervals as your scroll down the page. The impression you have of the bug is that of text coming through the other side of the page in a double sided document. It is awful.

I HAVE tried rolling back NoDo and reinstalling.
    Hard reset too to no avail.
    ---------------
    I have the HTC HD7 running at O2 UK.
    OS version: 7.10.7720.68
    FW rev no:2250.21.40502.401
    HW rev no: 0002
    Radio SW ver: 5.69.09.29a_22.50.50.21U
    Radio HW ver: A.102.0.D4
    Bootloader ver: 4.5.2250.0(129185)
    Chip SOC ver: 2.2.5.0
    ---------------

Has anyone had the same issue? It is not so clearly visible at first.

David

I don't think I posted this here.

When receiving a text message, selecting the tost notification opens a new instance of the conversation. If you are texting back and forth and don't back out of the conversation, Mango will open multiple instances of the same conversation rather than opening an existing instance of the conversation.

Update: Please vote to get this fixed.
    Fix Multi-Tasking

Before Mango every different artist I played on my phone that had a stock picture from Zune would automatically turn into the background pic on the music tile. Not anymore. Why?

I have more!

Everytime I get a push or toast notification while bluetooth streaming I get a loud ****ING beep in my car and it wants me to make a voice dial...huh?

How do I turn off "Call from John Barker", "Call from 1.760.526.8912"???????
Ready..go!

Last edited:

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The time/lockscreen issue is the same with my HD7. I believe it is the way mango is suppose to be.

The search button for the market place is now a button within the marketplace its self. Not a bug but a feature.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC Arrive with power issue now. worked beautifully before but post mango drains within a few hours. Love the flexibility and options, hate phone not having the battery life it had or that others have bragged about being better.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I open a SMS thread in Messaging, if I slide my keyboard out to text, it opens the portrait virtual keyboard, then closes it then flips to landscape for me to use the Arrive's keyboard.

It still won't let me text after 160 characters. All it does now is tell me my message is too long. The Arrive book specifically says that the Arrive will split my "too long" message into multiple messages. It doesn't do that.

tsaunders80

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
-When hitting the power button to check the time, the time doesn't instantly display anymore. It did in NoDo. Don't know what's up with that.

I think this is a new feature and I like it.

-Search button in Marketplace no longer takes you to search the marketplace. Why?

There is now a dedicated search button in the market. Just have to train yourself to use that now instead of the search button.

-Emails STILL don't delete from the server for Gmail when I delete them from my phone.

Mine deletes from the server.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Email deletion depends on how often your phone is set to sync. If anything less than always on, you'll have to wait until after the next sync to see the changes you've made carry over

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Email deletion depends on how often your phone is set to sync. If anything less than always on, you'll have to wait until after the next sync to see the changes you've made carry over

So you're saying that since I have it set to "As Items Arrive", until the next e-mail or until I manually hit "Refresh" it won't delete from the server?

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
-When hitting the power button to check the time, the time doesn't instantly display anymore. It did in NoDo. Don't know what's up with that.
I think this is a new feature and I like it.

I don't understand why this is a "feature." I prefer the time to display instantly when hitting the power button. This makes it seem laggy...

But I do like the subtle new transition animations when you open up new hubs. The text seems to fly in more fluidly.

Mes3

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Zune still skips when searching from the homescreen. Every once in a while when beginning a text it will fail to capitalize. That's the bugs I still notice from the RTM. HTC was nice enough to fix the 16bit color issue with the HD7.

JCerna

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It might be how often your email is being check, also as your battery is getting older it does degrade. Try using battery saver

HTC Arrive with power issue now. worked beautifully before but post mango drains within a few hours. Love the flexibility and options, hate phone not having the battery life it had or that others have bragged about being better.

ejlee072006

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
how come we still dont have notification buzz?? Come on now...I know msft is trying to be different but please can I know when I have a mentioned or something..?? And there's one more bug. When you search for a place you want to check in to.. The searching icon doesn't support landscape mode...

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Audio quality of whatever media is playing changes as soon as you hit the 'search' button which brings up the Bing interface. Exit the Bing screen are quality goes back to normal.

tsaunders80

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why this is a "feature." I prefer the time to display instantly when hitting the power button. This makes it seem laggy...

But I do like the subtle new transition animations when you open up new hubs. The text seems to fly in more fluidly.

You will have to ask MS why they did that.

Personally I like it. It allows me to see the picture I choose for the lock screen.

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Hitting the search button which results in opening Bing Search while playing a song in the Music Player results in loss of Audio Quality. When you exit out of Search, it goes away.... weird....

See if you guys can replicate. Mine's on HTC 7 Mozart.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep @mes3 and Slinky. Same here

Also, small but I don't have that awesome lockscreen/album art feature that happens when you play music. Do you have to stream songs for that to work or what?

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yep @mes3 and Slinky. Same here

Also, small but I don't have that awesome lockscreen/album art feature that happens when you play music. Do you have to stream songs for that to work or what?

Yeah it's because it tries to popup the portrait keyboard even though I slide the landscape physical keyboard. Weird.

Do you not have the switch, or is it just not working?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)