Mango bugs/complaints thread

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have another issue to add, I don't think I can kick MS hard enough in the cajones for this one, and can't believe I forgot to mention it earlier:

WHY WHY WHY WHY am I FORCED to sync my OneNote notes to Skydrive?!?!?!? I DO NOT WANT MY NOTES OUT ON THE INTERNET! Seriously... Give me one good reason why I should be forced to do this? And how are the LEGALLY allowed to do this? If you can't tell, this upsets me.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think I discovered a bug introduced since this released version of Mango. When I'm typing a text and pause for a few seconds, the keyboard drops out of site. I didn't notice this happening before and unless there is a setting to cause this, its a bit of an annoyance. Fortunately I don't lose the message I'm typing and it may only occur in text messaging. (I haven't sent an email yet to know) but I have to touch the screen to raise the keyboard while texting. Anyone else see this?

No. Is it consistently reproducible?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
And besides, why would I be texting my grandma to let her know what I got her for Christmas - that would totally spoil the surprise.

I hope that is not what you are dwelling on...

But really...how often do you see something on the iPhone autocorrect sites and think it is funny because it changed "Sl*tbag" to "slinky age"...? Never...because it is only funny the other way around.

All I am saying is...not putting in swear words covers your bases and apparently pisses off a very select few...allowing swearwords sets yourself up to accidentally swear at your boss.

WHY WHY WHY WHY am I FORCED to sync my OneNote notes to Skydrive?!?!?!? I DO NOT WANT MY NOTES OUT ON THE INTERNET! Seriously...

Haha, I thought you were joking until you said "seriously". You know "One Note" is a cloud based note taking application that is designed to allow you access to your information from where ever you are...

It is like you are complaining that McDonalds is now serving hamburgers.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I thought you were joking until you said "seriously". You know "One Note" is a cloud based note taking application that is designed to allow you access to your information from where ever you are...

It is like you are complaining that McDonalds is now serving hamburgers.

Did OneNote even have that capability in NoDo? And do you know what I have wherever I am? My phone. Which is where I keep my notes. If I wanted my notes available on the "cloud" I would put them there. I don't want them there, so why is MS forcing me to put them there? Anything I'm okay with putting in cyberspace, I'll put there myself. But when I have personal notes and classified information on my phone, I don't like opening OneNote after installing Mango, and having it tell me it's uploading all of my notes onto SkyDrive, and not having the option to stop it or prevent it from adding new notes to the cloud.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I would prefer to have a non-cloud option as well. In fact, OneNote is overkill for the types of notes I usually need to have at my fingertips in the field. Why didn't Microsoft build in the ability to sync Outlook Notes over Exchange the same way Outlook Tasks now do in Mango? I love the Tasks integration with the Mango calendar. Why stop there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

msweston7#WP

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
my phone wont sync to zune anymore and the connection tone it makes when plugging into a charger or usb cable will not stop beeping when i pull the cable out driving me crazy the only way to stop it is by plugging the charger back in

brew1985

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Seems like Netflix is having trouble streaming movies. Anyone else having this problem? (over 3g). Goes to "accessing Netflix movie database" or something and never loads the movie...maybe Netflix hasn't been optimized for mango yet.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I would prefer to have a non-cloud option as well. In fact, OneNote is overkill for the types of notes I usually need to have at my fingertips in the field. Why didn't Microsoft build in the ability to sync Outlook Notes over Exchange the same way Outlook Tasks now do in Mango? I love the Tasks integration with the Mango calendar. Why stop there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably for the same rason that until now we couldnt sync todos or tasks except through EAS which I suspect is they wanted it that way!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My Twitter contacts are missing and I know I'm not the only one. No, it's not having unselected the Twitter contacts/feed. It's a proper bug.

The workarounf for now is delete the program or account and set it up again. Theres an article here and over at WMPoweruser on that!

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
You know when you listen to music or a podcast and it comes up when you hit the Volume button or when you have it on lock screen? Like you have the little mini player? How do you make that go away when you're done listening to music? lol

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I would like to curse too. Getting into Apple territory there. Anyone know if it censors other langauges?

Time delay is terrible when hitting lock, thought that was a bug.

When bluetooth streaming music, text messages and emails pop through my speakers. HATE that.

Still can't load images in an email instantly

Can't have my phone charge and be off.

Can't use my phone as an alarm clock as other noises pop up during night.

Skydrive is a pain to browse and manage.

One note is still not same as desktop, the layers of files, so useless in my mind.

Still can't plug it into an XBOX!!!!!

Steppa.Sound

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I open a SMS thread in Messaging, if I slide my keyboard out to text, it opens the portrait virtual keyboard, then closes it then flips to landscape for me to use the Arrive's keyboard.

It still won't let me text after 160 characters. All it does now is tell me my message is too long. The Arrive book specifically says that the Arrive will split my "too long" message into multiple messages. It doesn't do that.

This happens on my LG quantum too. the virtual keyboard is only on the screen for less than a second. The LG quantum does not have any issues with typing super long messages.

jbeal82

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I found a weird, slightly annoying thing... If I plug my phone into the charger (or charging cable into the phone) or take it out, my phone will freeze on whatever screen it is on. I can use the power button to "sleep" and then "wake up" the phone and it will be unfrozen, but I'd like it not to freeze.

jbeal82

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
You know when you listen to music or a podcast and it comes up when you hit the Volume button or when you have it on lock screen? Like you have the little mini player? How do you make that go away when you're done listening to music? lol

I cycled the screen on and off via the power button a few times and it went away.

Mes3

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I found a weird, slightly annoying thing... If I plug my phone into the charger (or charging cable into the phone) or take it out, my phone will freeze on whatever screen it is on. I can use the power button to "sleep" and then "wake up" the phone and it will be unfrozen, but I'd like it not to freeze.

I tried about 10 times to get this to happen. What phone are you using? Might be a firmware issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers