Mango bugs/complaints thread

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have another issue to add, I don't think I can kick MS hard enough in the cajones for this one, and can't believe I forgot to mention it earlier:

WHY WHY WHY WHY am I FORCED to sync my OneNote notes to Skydrive?!?!?!? I DO NOT WANT MY NOTES OUT ON THE INTERNET! Seriously... Give me one good reason why I should be forced to do this? And how are the LEGALLY allowed to do this? If you can't tell, this upsets me.

I think this one is easy..

Why would you use onenote if you don't want your note on skydrive?
The reason you want to use onenote is so that you can have your note on the cloud. That way you can access it anywhere else like your laptop or PCs.

Just get some other secured note app. Easy

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I too don't like the address bar showing in landscape. Before Mango on my Quantum it would only show up when I have the keyboard out.
Yep, taking up space on my 3.5" display...

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope that when i update my Mozart to Mango that i do not get the delay for the time to pop up on the lockscreen as this would get REALLY annoying due to the fact that i often quickly wake and then put my phone back to sleep just to check the time.
How many of you does this actually happen to because from what i read it doesnt happen on every phone.

Mes3

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The thing I've noticed about the time/date lag is that it goes away over time.

Also, if you lock the phone when in a 3rd party app, you'll notice no lag when going to unlock. Its odd and I was able to reproduce it time and time again.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Spontaenuous reboot
Live tiles not working
bing nav is atrocious, uselesss and dangerous
twitter lacking, and no notifications

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't use my phone as an alarm clock as other noises pop up during night.

Have you tried putting your phone in airplane mode while you sleep? You could just turn off the notification sounds individually instead if you still want to be awakened by phone calls.

Skydrive is a pain to browse and manage.

One of the most irritating things about Skydrive and OneNote is that it won't allow you to create a true folder structure for your notes on the device, and you can't move notes between folders. This is a big drawback to the OneNote app on the iPhone, too.

Re: notifications, did I just dream that Mango was bringing a "notification center" so that you could see a list of notifications that you missed? I thought I had read that somewhere, but I guess not. The new live tile notification ability is great, but what about notifications from apps that I don't have pinned?

sparkycarlo

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Since my update Bing maps seem to be acting up. Although it seems to find my location on launch it doesnt want to navigate me anywhere. As soon as I enter a destination it searches for directions for a while before coming up with 'bing maps cant find your location at the moment. try again later'. I have tried rebooting, taking out the battery, switching off 'use location' and switching it back on after restart. But not having any luck.
Any suggestions?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
How many of you does this actually happen to because from what i read it doesnt happen on every phone.

The thing I've noticed about the time/date lag is that it goes away over time.

I have a guess as to WHY that is doing it...

What I feel is happening is your phone is CALCULATING the Time/Date and pushing it to the display and displaying it once you give it power. Instead of it being a constant function, with the time/date constantly outputting to the "display" and just waiting for you to give it power... it sits dormant...waiting for you to give it the signal that it should output and the display should display.

The reason I feel it is working like that is because when you phone sits idle for an hour, it takes about 3/4ths to 1 second for it to display the time. If you instantly turn the display off and on again, it takes maybe 1/10th of a second (nearly instant)...and if you do it instantly again, it is there waiting for you.

It is a power saver function.

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
My Issues on the HTC Arrive:

* Text limit still 160; After that, it says, "message too long"

* When typing/texting, the first letter doesn't automatically capitalize.

* Keyboard backlight still dims after a couple seconds.

* IE9 tabbed browsing sucks. I like opening up multiple tabs when surfing so that I can go back to where I was initially. I hate not having the "tabs" button anymore. It is a pain going into the options.

* Hate that there is not a separate volume for media and Ringer volume.

* Facebook notifications should show as read whether you view them through your "ME" hub, or through the FB app.

* Facebook notification should take you to the mentioned thread when tapping on the incoming notification at top of device.

* I WANT TO SEE MY "TO-DO'S" ON THE CALENDAR HUB!!!! The calendar is one of the top features for me and others.

* Under "Albums", when you go to "People", you should be able to comment on those photos, just as if you were to open up a contact individually. This has to be seamless.

* One Note: Where is my option to delete when "pressing and holding" the tile icon when pinned to "Start"?

One Note: Why do I have to press the "Back Arrow" to save? That just means that I have to close my keyboard first, requiring an extra tap. Yes, an extra tap.

One Note: Why can't I delete the note when looking at the "tile icon" in the app? Why do I have to open the note to delete? I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO USE EVERNOTE!!!

***Please Microsoft, fix these small issues. I post daily through my social networking sites pressing people to give Windows Phone a try. These are simple things that make a world of difference, things that will set YOU apart.

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I liked the fact that originally you didn't have to include all of your Facebook contacts. I am just not about having 300-400 people in my phone book. While you still have that option now not to have Facebook contacts included in your phone book, if you don't include them your People tile ceases to stop displaying and cycling through pictures.

Guess you can't have your Mango and eat it too :-(

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Spontaenuous reboot
Live tiles not working
bing nav is atrocious, uselesss and dangerous
twitter lacking, and no notifications

the twitter issue is solvable there's a work aeound and also a fix theres an article here and at WMpoweruser about that.

Bing nav and most others are problematic and will be until Mavteq and MS work out something on API access issues. The live tiles may be you need to turn it off anf restart have you tried that?

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
* Text limit still 160; After that, it says, "message too long"

I can type as long as I want and it automatically breaks it up into separate text messages for me. Three is the most I have actually had one broken up into though.

* When typing/texting, the first letter doesn't automatically capitalize.

Starts out with capitals for me. I had that issue with the beta though but not now.

* Under "Albums", when you go to "People", you should be able to comment on those photos, just as if you were to open up a contact individually. This has to be seamless.

I don't have that issue, I can comment on any photo on anyone of my contacts through this path. Just tried that out of curiosity too.

I have a Focus so maybe these are issues with your type of phone. Idk

* IE9 tabbed browsing sucks. I like opening up multiple tabs when surfing so that I can go back to where I was initially. I hate not having the "tabs" button anymore. It is a pain going into the options.

Is it really that big of a pain? One extra button push? Not trying to knock you but I find it to be a minor thing at best.

My big problem is with YouTube videos. They don't seem to play worth a crap until they are fully finished buffering. Maybe it's HTML5 videos in general but Netflix and other video sources play flawlessly. YouTube videos make me wanna permanently implant my phone into the wall at times. I have tried clearing the cache and nothing helps. It does this on 3G or WiFi. If anyone has a solution, please let me know as I love to watch me some YouTube videos.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
when I'm in Zune and want to add the song to a playlist...it doesn't give me an option to add to the existing list.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I liked the fact that originally you didn't have to include all of your Facebook contacts. I am just not about having 300-400 people in my phone book. While you still have that option now not to have Facebook contacts included in your phone book, if you don't include them your People tile ceases to stop displaying and cycling through pictures.

Guess you can't have your Mango and eat it too :-(

Aha thats why I dont have pictures displayed in my people tile I was wondering about that just having orange and light oranges tiles moving around in random order. Well thats the price I'll have to pay for not including facebook contacts in the phone book. And why I left out a bunch of contacts from outlook when I switched to the focus and then even more reduced when I got my new laptop for my main office computer

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My battery life seems to be worse on Mango. And trust me, I am smart enough to turn off all the connections I don't use. I use my phone almost exactly the same as pre-mango. I don't facebook or twitter so I don't have those constantly connecting. Email is set to manual update, I have location turned off... etc.

L

lumic

IE needs layout improvements.

I recommend they bring back the Windows Mobile layout. Have something like 4-5 buttons at the bottom. The URL bar is actually NOT such a priority. I would suggest either of these two:

- Refresh, URL, Tabs, Favourites
- Refresh, URL, Tabs, Home

A speed dial should be incorporated as the home / new tab page. The second option above is geared towards this option, making favourites slightly more obsolete.

There should be an option to open new tabs in the background. I often want to open links in articles that provide further reading, but I want to finish the original article first.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077