Mango bugs/complaints thread

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
biggest complaint I have is that when using the virtual keyboard it randomly disappears when pressing keys. It seems to do this 5 or six times then all of a sudden it will start working fine.

Also, when using xbox live, on the first page with my avater my gamer score is 20 gamer score less than my actual gamer score. But if you click achievements it shows the correct score. Anyone else having this issue?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
biggest complaint I have is that when using the virtual keyboard it randomly disappears when pressing keys. It seems to do this 5 or six times then all of a sudden it will start working fine....

I've had that happen, but I always blamed it on my big fingers hitting multiple keys.

dirtbikr

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
My Arrive and my girlfriend's HD7 both have the problem where the first letter of a text message will not auto capitalize sometimes. I'd say it happens 10-20% of the time, and in my opinion is just sloppy. That should be something coded in so voraciously that nothing can change the way it behaves but the slider in the keyboard settings menu. I never use the actual keyboard on my arrive, so I cannot comment on the slide open and music pauses or slide open and keyboard pops up problems, but the auto capitalization thing is killing me.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
My Arrive and my girlfriend's HD7 both have the problem where the first letter of a text message will not auto capitalize sometimes. I'd say it happens 10-20% of the time, and in my opinion is just sloppy. That should be something coded in so voraciously that nothing can change the way it behaves but the slider in the keyboard settings menu. I never use the actual keyboard on my arrive, so I cannot comment on the slide open and music pauses or slide open and keyboard pops up problems, but the auto capitalization thing is killing me.

Can you test it anyway? Just to see if it happens.

playa787

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Music Tile.

Before Mango every different artist I played on my phone that had a stock picture from Zune would automatically turn into the background pic on the music tile. Not anymore. Why?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have more!

Everytime I get a push or toast notification while bluetooth streaming I get a loud ****ING beep in my car and it wants me to make a voice dial...huh?

How do I turn off "Call from John Barker", "Call from 1.760.526.8912"???????

Acer904

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug or just a fluke but I have dropped a couple contacts since my mango update. The first time I didn't notice it for probably days...who knows. I went to call my brother and all of his info was gone except his facebook info. Yesterday my wife's live tile had disappeared from my home page. I found her in the people hub but anything not on facebook was gone for her as well. No phone number, email address, fax number, etc. Kinda weird.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
@CJ Thunder
Go to settings /speech. Scroll to bottom and uncheck Play Audio Confirmations. You may want to play with the Bluetooth pull down menu right below it and choose an appropriate setting for speech too.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
biggest complaint I have is that when using the virtual keyboard it randomly disappears when pressing keys. It seems to do this 5 or six times then all of a sudden it will start working fine.

Also, when using xbox live, on the first page with my avater my gamer score is 20 gamer score less than my actual gamer score. But if you click achievements it shows the correct score. Anyone else having this issue?
Ive suffered this a few times too jchapman01.

Seems it's quite widespread.

Possible Mango bug: keyboard not popping up when it should - xda-developers

My keyboard sometimes drops when i'm typing texts.

Last edited:

Ahgama

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Live Messenger contact issue

I've just recently realized that this is a problem for Mango's integrated Messenger: It seems that none of my contacts show up as live messenger contacts in the messaging hub.

Lets say I have a friend named Taylor who has a fully fleshed out contact detail on my phone including his email/msn address taylor@hotmailorwhatever.com

Even though Taylor is signed in to messenger, if I go to the messaging hub, I will not see him online (or any other contacts for that matter). If I log in to the desktop version of messenger and manually add Taylor to my contacts, a new seperate windows live contact will be created of him on my phone. Basically, the phone refuses to acknowledge Taylor's existing contact information in my phone and the only way I can get a contact to have all 3 switching options (SMS, Messenger, Facebook) is if I create a seperate Windows Live contact with their email address and then link it to he account. Which would mean if I wanted to flesh out my messenger list I need to manually create and link accounts for every single contact even though their msn email accounts are already a part of their existing Windows Live contact on my phone.

I've not much coverage of this issue and for some the solution seems to be a hard reset? ugh...

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
A couple things..
-After mango, if I download more than one app in marketplace, I get a message saying that marketplace is unavailable at this time, try again later, error code blah blah blah. A mango bug?
-Live tile in photo hub stopped working
-A song stays forever paused and always drops down whenever using the volume key, regardless of the amount of time passed since listening to the song.
-No new tile themes..I really thought that was a big one Mango was gonna add. It drives me crazy that there are no neutral colors like black, grey or white..I just don't get it
-Can't customize alert tones
-This might be a personal preference but no folders for apps? Wp7 is definitely intuitive but goes out of its way a little too much to be different, for better or for worse. A long alphabetical list of not just apps, but every single thing on the phone is one giant mess to me. Even the most basic of flip-phones has a "tools" menu or things that are categorized.
-Very, Very limited customization
-No separate keyboard options. You either have to listen to loud popping noises when typing or absolutely nothing at all. Of course you could turn the volume down, but that means the volume for EVERYTHING goes down, incoming calls, music, etc..
-Can't set the lock screen time out for the wallpaper screen. You only get to look at your picture or wallpaper (the only personable customization on this phone) for about 5 seconds until the screen dims and shuts off.
-Not enough settings in "settings".

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
2 more things:
-When pressing the phone tile, it defaults to history. You then have to push the little dialer icon to get the dial pad..Why must there be an added step in dialing a phone number?
-No way to view battery status when viewing web pages.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I installed an app the other day, and it must have pushed the amount of apps over the number required to change the view in the app list to included the search by letters option. I then uninstalled a couple of apps that I no longer use and it didn't go back to the list view without the letter search. Anyone else have this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte