Facebook chat on Mango

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It worked when I first updated it, I did everything to connect my Windows Live to Facebook, but the chat refuses to connect on mango. -.- Anyone else having this problem?

It keeps saying "Can't connect to chat"
"Can't connect to see who's online"

gameking

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. I've gone through the 'tutorials' multiple times now to sync the Live and FB accounts...but no dice.

jonas.j

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be working on wi-fi only for me, not over 3G or cellular connection in general. I am on T-Mobile UK

Last edited:

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had no problems with FB chat on my Arrive, had to turn it to offline because people kept wanting to chat with me while I was working. Got tired of responding, and voice to text is working great even on FB chat.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
How do you get facebook chat? I don't see it anywhere.
Messaging then pan to online Rhody, it's in there.

Try Messaging ... (3 dots) at the bottom then settings and make sure you have Facebook chat turned on. :)
(Your online status can be set from the status icon here too)

medwards994

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
same problem

I have experienced the same problem. Worked fine for a whole day and now I can only get online chat when connected through wi fi. I tried rolling back and then updating mango again with no sucess. If anybody has found a fix for this will be hugely grateful.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I love it BUT if somebody is offline, it won't send them a facebook message and it does that on the site, facebook takes that offline chatt message makes it a full message. Only issue i have with it.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: The only way I can connect is with BATTERY SAVER turned off. -.- No wonder it connects better when USB is plugged in! I figured it out... Ugh, they need to fix that.

Last edited:

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it is working as needed, because the chat feature ALWAYS keeps you online and pings facebook draining your battery. It did it to me when my phone was in my truck while I was at work. Came out and it was seriously drained. To save battery, the phone can't run constant battery draining apps/features. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6