Who else is waiting for the official notification for Mango?

kallemia

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to have Mango, yes. But I'm just as happy to read what others are experiencing now and learn how to fix stuff if it happens! I waited for NoDo, and I still like it. I can wait for Mango. I would say I'm a conformist, but I think that might not be the case on this forum.

So, anyone else decide to wait for the notification rather than use the Zune trick?

Kalle

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you. I've always waited for Zune to prompt me that any update that is available. When I got that upon connecting Tuesday night, I didn't realize it was Mango until I read the text in the installation window. Prior to that connection, I had not logged on here or heard otherwise of the press release from earlier that day. I think I've been especially patient because I have a "non-certified" 32GB card install and haven't wanted to risk that with any tricks or forced anythings.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I waited for too long, since I bough my phone on the promise of this very update. I needed to had it on the first day. And the Zune trick seems legit enough, I didn't did anything bad =).

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I would've waited, but, luckily, I didn't have to. :happy: I said something like this when people were being wankers on the 15th: if I didn't think NoDo was good enough, I wouldn't have gotten a WP. I'm not going to buy a car without an engine that'll come in a few month if I need to drive somewhere tomorrow. Same logic. That said, hope it gets to you guys soon! ;)

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Forget that. The Zune trick works just fine and gives you the official, carrier-customized version of Mango that you would've gotten anyway. There's no reason not to do it.

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Thought about waiting but just could'nt do it. Like others have said, doing the zune trick still gives you the offical carrier update so i saw no reason to wait another 2 to 3 weeks to get mango. Also you still have your backup that zune makes if something were to go wrong.

LCARS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Using the Zune trick doesn't put Mango on your phone in some different or illegitimate way. It is identical to getting the notification and installing it. There is no reason to wait for the notification.

kallemia

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, as I mentioned, my primary reason for waiting was just to gather information about what to expect and what might not work, etc. I am definitely going to install Mango when I get the notification. But, I'll have that extra information and knowledge, is all. I just wanted to see if I was the only waiter ;^) in the Mango Restaurant...

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I understand your point, You are waiting for the official release. In case us daring first updater had some big problems. Is a risk I decided to take an thankfully everything is working honky dory.

I'll say, go to your computer and try the Zune trick now. You just can't believe how excited I was when the phone uploaded and I had the square logo. ( I jumped and clapped like a drag queen)

kallemia

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
This is going to sound like crazy talk in a forum devoted to this phone and os... but I'll just say, that for me, ever since I dumped the iPhone and its app-centric raison d'?tre and joined the ranks of the satisfied WP7 owners/operators, I've come to feel that my smartphone is really just my phone. I mean, it conveys information to me easily, and I don't have to delve into it or launch tons of apps to get at what I need. In a weird way, MS have made me care a lot less about my phone. And I like that. So, I'll just wait, and be happy for y'all. I can tell you're happy because you're clapping and jumping and all... oh and to paraphrase Mae West, "Is that a Titan in your pocket, or are you just happy to see Mango?" ;^)

Kalle

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
lol well I hope you guys get Mango soon legally.

Trust me

itsbeautifulcopia.png

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This is going to sound like crazy talk in a forum devoted to this phone and os... but I'll just say, that for me, ever since I dumped the iPhone and its app-centric raison d'?tre and joined the ranks of the satisfied WP7 owners/operators, I've come to feel that my smartphone is really just my phone. I mean, it conveys information to me easily, and I don't have to delve into it or launch tons of apps to get at what I need. In a weird way, MS have made me care a lot less about my phone. And I like that. So, I'll just wait, and be happy for y'all. I can tell you're happy because you're clapping and jumping and all... oh and to paraphrase Mae West, "Is that a Titan in your pocket, or are you just happy to see Mango?" ;^)

Kalle

That's why I strayed from the flock of iSheep. All those Poyntless apps, and the feeling of having more of a toy than a phone. :)

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
For all the people who say the trick works, there seem to be quite a few who say it doesn't work. Besides, they still get to do something I wanted to do earlier today: Find in page. :p

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
For all the people who say the trick works, there seem to be quite a few who say it doesn't work. Besides, they still get to do something I wanted to do earlier today: Find in page. :p

Depending on your phone with only a few exceptions the problems with the trick method are not causing bricking its just that they havent gotten the timing down right on severing the internet connection at the right time they're either a tad too quick or tad too late theres no harm to the phone you just have to try again. In my case I was on wireless internet at the office on my laptop and the timing on unplugging the dsl line or turning off the wireless did not work out went home and using the disconnect the ethernet cable it worked on the second try

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro