Mystery Media Control Symbol

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I updated to Mango the other day and I love it. Have a question that I can't find an answer for. Was hoping you people could help.

On the drop down media controls there's a new symbol/icon just below the back button and next to the artist name. I have no idea what this icon indicates. It comes and goes I can't figure out what the rhyme of reason is.

Since it's hard to describe, you can see it on the image shown here. Windows Phone Mango: The Little Things | Anythingbutiphone

It's the little dot with two parentheses on either side just in from of the song title in that image. Can anyone explain to me what this does?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Do you have a zune pass? I'm almost positive that means it's streaming from the market and not playing a song from your collection.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
ninjaap is correct, when streaming ANY audio from a network source (including HTML5 audio through IE9) rather than from the locally stored collection it will show that specific ((*)) icon.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha.

I don't use Zune Pass anymore but I was downloading some podcasts over WiFi from the Marketplace. I think my phone might have had a downloaded podcast in now playing at the time. It wasn't streaming though.

Thanks folks.

LCARS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
ninjaap is correct, when streaming ANY audio from a network source (including HTML5 audio through IE9) rather than from the locally stored collection it will show that specific ((*)) icon.

Also, if you tap the icon, it will take you to the source of the audio. For example, if it is IE that is playing the audio, tapping the icon will switch to IE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire