Custom ringtones & Wi-Fi on Mango

scythe_02

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update last night to Mango (loving it by the way) and I'm curious to know where a few things are...if I'm missing them or they aren't in this build.

I read that we were going to be able to do custom ringtones and have seen the post the other day on wpcentral's home page, but was unable to get Zune to show me the custom ringtone spot. --- has anyone had any luck?

Also, I thought we were going to be able to broadcast a Wi-Fi hotspot with the Mango update, but I'm not finding where I saw that earlier.

Thanks for any help.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
When you save a ringtone to your music folder right click and select properties. Change genre to ringtone. Then when you go into your collection in Zune and choose genre you should have a ringtone category with the ringtones you saved. These can be synced to your phone.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

scythe_02

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Scott,

I did that and when it synced up with my Trophy, Zune still couldn't find the ringtones that I imported.

I'm going to uninstall Zune and reinstall and see if that works.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Check the sticky in the general discussion forum for everything you ever wanted to know about ring tones

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Scott,

I did that and when it synced up with my Trophy, Zune still couldn't find the ringtones that I imported.

I'm going to uninstall Zune and reinstall and see if that works.

Sorry that didn't work. The sticky should help you out.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

L

lumic

WiFi hotspot seems to be hidden and disabled in our Mango updates. The Omnia 7 currently has a hack to get it working, so I've got it. No idea what the situation with the HTC devices is.

kmclaurin

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok I need help, I've done everything that was required to make a custom ringtone, downloaded audacity AND the import/export plugin that goes with it, adjusted the length, Hz and everything to keep it under 39s and 1Mb and exported it and changed the genre to ringtone, and synced to my phone where it shows up in the music library but not in my ringtone menu. I've restarted my phone and everything and it refuses to show up. What am I doing wrong?!

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just did one to see how easy it is and it really is a breeze. The only time consuming and difficult aspect is finding a chunk of a song or sound file that you want.

kmclaurin What I did after I saw the ringtone in my Zune library was just drag to the phone icon (with phone connected) and it showed up right away under custom ringtones.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Ok I need help, I've done everything that was required to make a custom ringtone, downloaded audacity AND the import/export plugin that goes with it, adjusted the length, Hz and everything to keep it under 39s and 1Mb and exported it and changed the genre to ringtone, and synced to my phone where it shows up in the music library but not in my ringtone menu. I've restarted my phone and everything and it refuses to show up. What am I doing wrong?!

Try one of the ones in the Sticky thread the ones someone has already posted and see if it shows up on your phone. Then I would try posting your question in that thread.

scythe_02

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Still no update on Wi-Fi network creating??

Finally got my HTC Trophy to install Mango (was using a MAC for the 1st few tries - then used a W7 computer and was smooth sailing!)

Really curious to know if anyone else is able to create a Wi-Fi hotspot yet and if not, when it's coming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss