is mango worth the wait? overall thoughts...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
well i must say i am missing certain aspects of my old wp7... as you all know , i switched to a samsung nexus s 4g, only because i was tired of pore service with tmobile, and sprint was my next best choice. that being said, i hated the arrive, do not like physical keyboards, and that phone is way too small and ugly imo. so i did the unthinkable and went for the nexus s 4g. here was my thinking. the nexus s 4g is only 29 bucks, the arrive is 199. the nexus s has 4g, a FFC, far more apps, will always have the latest android updates, and believe it or not, is super silky smoooth! because of its raw OS, this thing flies and is super stable. not too mention my app selection is great, given there are a lot of trash apps, but there are also a lot of sweet apps. and when wp7 marketplace hits 300,000 apps, it will have a ton of trash apps too. so what are the thoughts of mango now most everyone has the official release? was it worth the wait? or does anyone wish they had an iphone or android at times?

i miss you guys... the folks in the nexus s forums are kinda boring

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
We miss you too DizzyMaker and of course it's worth the wait. (You know that really) LOL ;)

I'm as happy as a pig in poo with my Mango. :) I think most would approve with it's improvements. :)

It does have it's little things missing here and there, but as a first major WP7 update i think it's done very well.

Don't miss the old iPhone at all here and the only experience of Android I have is a tablet which is gathering dust over there.

Nice of you to pop in again my friend. Hope you keep doing so. :)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Mango impresses me more and more every day. I'm totally loving my phone! If Verizon would have had a phone with pure android I might have stayed with it. I firmly believe motoblur and htc sense slow the phones down. When I got my trophy it was faster and smoother than any of the android phones Verizon sold and that was before mango. I do miss the ease of sharing videos from youtube on android. It was so easy to send it in a message, email, twitter, facebook or copy the link. I can do it on WP7 just not as easily.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Mango is just so good man, but I wouldn't be caught dead with the Arrive. Mango is worth it, but on a phone worth of Mango.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's my initial impression of Mango after 3 days:

Damn. I'm not sure I want to go back to my iPhone 4. I didn't have this problem with NoDo. Will iOS 5 be enough to keep me from converting to WP7?

As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft has hit a home run with Mango. Yes, there are a few quibbles and a few minor features still missing, but dammit it's really, really good. Mango finally delivers on the potential of WP7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely do not wish I had an Android or iPhone. Mango makes me glad I made the decision to drop my iPhone. I do not see the benefit of having 300,000 apps, I have upwards of 50 plus all the Xbox game I have and do not see how you could go through all that many. Lets be realistic, how many of those are truly original?

LCARS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Mango has impressed me. I am no longer afraid of comparing my phone to an iPhone or an Android. WP7 has caught up to, and in several areas out innovated, the competition with the Mango update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12