Getting ready to make the jump!

benson79

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the Titan has the Super LCD screen. Those are about as good as Samsung's Super AMOLED in my opinion (not as bright, but close, and whites look a little better on the Super LCD since the Super AMOLED has a touch of gray to their white), but not really close to the Super AMOLED Plus screen that the Focus S is supposed to have (same as on the Galaxy S II). Again, this is just my opinion.

Downsides to Samsung (at least to me) are that updates appear to be a problem with them no matter the OS. The Focus has two hardware versions, and only one can get Mango officially right now. And they have a history of bad updates with Android (some rumors say that this is a carrier issue and that the international versions get updates in a timely manner, but you can't argue with the Mango issues). The other downside is that their hardware feels a bit cheaper. HTC makes a quality feeling phone. Heavier, solid, just feels a little better. Samsung feels lighter (which can be nice as well), and just very plasticy. Even the screen, though made of gorilla glass, feels like it could be plastic.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
lol HTC knows for to make you want their phones. I saw on of those videos for the HD2 mini and I was like WOW I have to get this phone. Then a couple of minutes later I was like, wait a minute, that phone is garbage lol.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Samoled is cool but I don't miss it when using my hd7 and looking at my partner's focus. If you want a massive phone go with the titan and if you want sleek get the focus s

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a tough choice but I'd probably go with the Focus S. That Super AMOLED + screen is just amazing.

It's not fair. AT&T is getting two Windows superphones.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Here. Is my take. Just jumped ship and bought a focus. Great phone, awesome OS, but I am regretting not doing more research and waiting for focus S or Titan... I have a 30 day return window and am hoping one of the newer phones comes out before my 30 days are up. Oh, and for what it's worth, ATT is great in my area, San Antonio, TX.

Hey there guys, Im looking at moving from Verizon to AT&T since I get a discount through work. I'm also going to move from an Android phone to WP7. Mango has really gotten my attention. My question is this. Is the Titan worth waiting? If so, any thoughts when we might see it here in the states? If not, what is a good phone to go with instead? Keep in mind I am a "power user" and a tech geek to begin with. I really appreciate & value any of your opinions! Thanks guys!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

L

lumic

While some may hate all the customization and rooting on Android, you really do unlock your Windows Phone's potential by unlocking.

Editing accent colours and background colours are life savers - I was so sick of the vivid tiles killing my eyes. I've already got tethering sorted out on my Omnia 7 (though the new handsets should be fine with this), and I've disabled dehydration of apps (effectively forcing multitasking).

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If I could get to AT&T I'd be all over the Samsung Focus. I'm stuck for the time being at Sprint. But that Titan sure is tempting adcarr. Tell me this, what does being a power user mean? Just as a heads up, this isn't android. I mean if power using includes widgets and such. This ain't that kind of party.

I guess it's a personal thing but I had AT&T (quantum) and I didn't get 3g service anywhere. Plus with Sprint being truly unlimited I watch netflix almost EVERYWHERE because that's where I get 3g.

But to each their own.

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Here. Is my take. Just jumped ship and bought a focus. Great phone, awesome OS, but I am regretting not doing more research and waiting for focus S or Titan... I have a 30 day return window and am hoping one of the newer phones comes out before my 30 days are up. Oh, and for what it's worth, ATT is great in my area, San Antonio, TX.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I think the TITAN should be out within your 30 day window

L

lumic

Remember that HTC generally has the better devs/hackers. There are also some custom ROMs coming out for launch HTC devices, so I'd imagine the Titan will follow suit. I'd say they are still the destination for the tweaker at heart.

One thing I've strangely noticed is certain tweaks are really simple to execute on Samsung devices - for example, enabling tethering on my Omnia 7 was dead easy.

adcarr

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! So my Droid decided to give up the ghost today. I went out & bought myself a WP7 phone! W00t! I got the HTC HD7S. So far I am loving it! I wish the mango update was out for it yet, but sadly no. I can wait. If however the Titan shows up in the next 30 days you can bet your booty that I am gonna trade mine in!

L

lumic

Hey guys! So my Droid decided to give up the ghost today. I went out & bought myself a WP7 phone! W00t! I got the HTC HD7S. So far I am loving it! I wish the mango update was out for it yet, but sadly no. I can wait. If however the Titan shows up in the next 30 days you can bet your booty that I am gonna trade mine in!
Pre-Mango is rather lacking in features, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience much more with Mango!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs