Getting ready to make the jump!

adcarr

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey there guys, Im looking at moving from Verizon to AT&T since I get a discount through work. I'm also going to move from an Android phone to WP7. Mango has really gotten my attention. My question is this. Is the Titan worth waiting? If so, any thoughts when we might see it here in the states? If not, what is a good phone to go with instead? Keep in mind I am a "power user" and a tech geek to begin with. I really appreciate & value any of your opinions! Thanks guys!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If I could get to AT&T I'd be all over the Samsung Focus. I'm stuck for the time being at Sprint. But that Titan sure is tempting adcarr. Tell me this, what does being a power user mean? Just as a heads up, this isn't android. I mean if power using includes widgets and such. This ain't that kind of party.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Jump on the focus and hopefully the titan will be out in the 30 day window so you can swap it. I agree with techblogger though...not much modding, it just works. I myself got sick of android with all it's bugs

adcarr

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
for me honestly it means i know how to use it. I dont need the widgets, or rooting of the OS. I just want a slick phone where its responsive, and clean. I also am really liking the local scout, & bing integration as well as groups. I just feel this is a solid, yet simple OS that can really suit my needs. What do you think the Titan will cost? I know they havent said yet, but I'm sure you have a guess. Thanks!

adcarr

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The Android bugs & crashes just kill me. I cant even tell you how many times a day my phone stops responding or just resets itself.

adcarr

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I hadnt thought of the focus s. Im not seeing a whole lot of Specs on it though. It seems to be on par with the Titan. Whats your pros & cons on it vs the Titan?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
As they say in the south adcarr, You are in high cotton. That was why I had to abandon android. its really a badly written operating system. What do you expect from a FREE operating system. But you should be pleased with this platform because not only does it work well, it looks fantastic.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The Titan and the Focus S are both coming to ATT the 64K question still up in the air is when exactly. I suspect sometime in October or November so the wait may not be too lonmg. getting the focus for freee with new contract and turning it in before your 30 is up might be a real good deal. Maybe ATT will give you 30 days advance notice of availability and you can time it out!

adcarr

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
thats my issue exactly. My current phone is a 1st gen Droid & it is dying bad! however i really want to wait it out for either the Titan or Maybe the Focus S. Its killing me here! LoL

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well from what I know.

Both the Titan and the Focus have great 8 megapixel cameras.

Samsung camera might be the same as the GSII so it should be amazing. Also samsung cameras are generally superior to HTC ones.

Titan camera on the other hand, has good lens that makes taking low light pictures a breeze and some neat camera software like Panorama photo stitching.

On the processors, I think both have the same 1.5ghz ( the best on the WP7 category )

Focus S will have a Super Amoled plus screen which is better than the Titan one by far.

Titan will have an insane 4.7 screen, way better than any other Windows phone.

Focus will be Plastic, Titan will be steel.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What I'm saying is that there's two glasses in there.

One if half Empty and the other is half full. also one has Coke and the other Pepsi.

adcarr

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
What I'm saying is that there's two glasses in there.

One if half Empty and the other is half full. also one has Coke and the other Pepsi.
Dang it! & I'm a Dr. Peppr sorta guy! lol, so let me ask you this, whats more important to you in a phone? a larger screen or better resolution?

benson79

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Winterfang summed it up pretty well. I have a Focus now (just got it a week ago, unlocked from Amazon) I will be looking at the Focus S and the Nokia phones when they come out. The thing is, from what I've heard, the Nokia phones may not be out this year at all. I know they said by holiday, but I have also heard that they may not be out until early next year.

I am definitely not a fan of HTC phones at this point. They have pretty solid build quality, but I just don't like them. I have had several, including an HTC Thunderbolt for work that is sitting next to me (don't get me wrong on that one, super fast data speeds are awesome). The screens are not as good as Samsung, and with Windows Phone, that is a big difference (I love how the colors pop on my Focus).

I think the Samsung Focus S will be based on the Galaxy S II series, just with a single core processor. I had the international Galaxy S II, and it was an awesome phone (minus the Touch Wiz on top of Android). Great camera, beautiful screen.

The Nokia Sea-ray looks really great. Probably based on the N9, which looks incredible (I'll probably pick one of those up when they are out as well). Nokia makes super phones, their screens are very nice now, and the hardware is always solid.

Anyway, those are my opinions.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Dang it! & I'm a Dr. Peppr sorta guy! lol, so let me ask you this, whats more important to you in a phone? a larger screen or better resolution?

All windows phones have the same resolution. The Titan is just a bigger screen.

I would personality get the Focus S, because I like Great display ( the thing you will notice more ) and I like to take lots of pictures.

If I could get any new phone though? I'll get the Fujitsu one.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
thats my issue exactly. My current phone is a 1st gen Droid & it is dying bad! however i really want to wait it out for either the Titan or Maybe the Focus S. Its killing me here! LoL

I came to WP7 from the original droid. My trophy is twice the phone my droid was. Either the Titan or Focus S will be a giant improvement

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Focus S will have a Super Amoled plus screen which is better than the Titan one by far.

I agree with nearly everything you say other than this. I think the Focus S will have a better screen, but i dont think it will be better by as much as everyone seems to think it will be. From what the boys from wpcentral that went to the htc event and tried out the TITAN and radar said, the screens were on par and maybe better than the current AMOLED screens which makes me think that the Focus S will not be that much better. than the SLCD's used on the GEN2 htc's.
Just my opinion ;)

adcarr

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I guess at the end of the day i need to just get my hands on both & see which I like. COME ON GUYS!!! Give me a Price & Date! LOL. The wait kills me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb