Syncing FB Birthdays to Calendar in Mango -- Solution!

uppercasemad

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Did some googling and found the answer:

To add your facebook birthdays (only Mango):
1. Login at live.com -> Calendar
2. Click "New" and "Birthday Calendar" (or something like that in english)
3. Click "Save"
4. Resync your live account on WP7

Now all facebook birthdays are there. Be sure to add your facebook account to your live account before.
To remove just delete (at live.com) or disable (at WP7) the birthday calendar.

---

I already had a Birthdays calendar, but the Birthdays were not showing up. I clicked on the calendar and hit "Refresh now." Suddenly, dozens of little birthday icons appeared on my calendar. It looks like the birthdays are not actually on Facebook, they're exported to Live and then synched with your Live calendar, not Facebook.

So yay, it's not as idiot-proof as we were led to believe, but there is a way. :)

Reactions: ejb222

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get it, Do I have to submit all the birthdays manually? I'm asking because I really want this on my optimus.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think my hotmail live calendar has been doing it since it switched from hotmail calendar or do I have that backwards?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm still confused, I don't see any sync option. I only have this thing on.

calendarum.png

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
LOL silly me. I just want to know because guys here put it so easily. ( never mind that I had to google live calendars because I couldn't even find it on the live site )

uppercasemad

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I'm sorry, it's after you create the calendar. :) Save it and then open it and there's a little link that has the date it was last refreshed.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I saved it, and it just shows that that my birthday is today for some reason. It may not look like it but I'm turn into a grandmother when it comes to computers.

Can you take some pics? it doesn't help that my site is in spanish so the word sync doesn't appear anywhere.

Edit: Success, the birthdays are on the site. How do I bring then to my phone? :)

Edit 2: More Success, all the birthdays are on it. =)

Last edited:

Sogeman

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That's a workaround not a solution. I'm not gonna add another calendar, I want it to work like it's supposed to (and never did since I updated to the first beta)

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Hmm, I didn't have to create a new calendar either. Of course, I never really had an old calendar either, so... Also, I didn't so much sync as I opened the calendar and it was all there. Curiouser and curioser.

dare1015

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
This isn't working for me... Hmmmph
Did some googling and found the answer:

To add your facebook birthdays (only Mango):
1. Login at live.com -> Calendar
2. Click "New" and "Birthday Calendar" (or something like that in english)
3. Click "Save"
4. Resync your live account on WP7

Now all facebook birthdays are there. Be sure to add your facebook account to your live account before.
To remove just delete (at live.com) or disable (at WP7) the birthday calendar.

---

I already had a Birthdays calendar, but the Birthdays were not showing up. I clicked on the calendar and hit "Refresh now." Suddenly, dozens of little birthday icons appeared on my calendar. It looks like the birthdays are not actually on Facebook, they're exported to Live and then synched with your Live calendar, not Facebook.

So yay, it's not as idiot-proof as we were led to believe, but there is a way. :)

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to Calendar then clicked on Birthday and hit refresh. it linked all my FB bdays and i checked my phone............was already there...didn't have to resync!

Thanks!:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077