mass delete in email?

zreddog

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So I looked in my sent items folder on my phone yesterday and had 150 sent items. I would imagine this will eventually take up needed space if it continues to grow.

So I thought I would delete them.... Hmm 1 at a time? thats gonna suck!

Do I need to worry about this ?
Any thoughts on deleting more than 1 at a time ( besides putting a check mark next to every email, which keep unchecking as i check the next one)?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
you will need a lot of emails to occupy any relevant amount of storage -- and I mean >a lot<.

Unless you are sending pages long emails I don't think this will ever show any effect. Concerning attachments, I'm not sure, but guess that they are not loaded onto your device if you not explicitly open them.

Either way though, I just checked the email app on my Mango device. There is a "select" option with which you can select multiple emails and delete them. But I do not know if this will also delete them from your mail server, too, if it's set up as an Exchange account.

Another option might be to move your mails into an "Archive" folder on your mail server, which is not synced with your phone.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Generally deleting items from your deleted folder will remove them from the server as wel.. The other thing is that your phone most likley is only set to keep a week or so worth of email so this folder will reach a certain size and then not get any larger.

I'm not sure what is happening regarding your check marks. I use the multi-select and check a bunch of mails at a time and then hit delete. You see the little check box to the left of the emails and when you check one the proviously checked one unchecks?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon