Windows Phone 7OS petition

deadaym

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
There are two things that are preventing me from absolutely loving this OS. One is the lack of apps relative to Android and iOS. Hopefully, this will get better - it's all up to the willingness of the developers. Second, is the fact that Windows Phone 7.5 Mango is NOT open-source. Because of this, I am torn between Android and WP7. If windows phone was open source, I would never give Android a second thought.

If you think that Microsoft should make WP7.5 Mango open source, please sign this petition.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Microsoft WILL NEVER go open source. Period. As much as people sign a petition, I doubt even that Microsoft has ever thought of that.

But, what exactly is that you want in an open-source phone? Not that I ignore what open source offers.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The apps are coming, more and more are arriving each day. I'm not sure why open-source is so important and I hope WP7 never goes that route. WP7 is definitely more polished than android.

fernandez21

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well, has EVER open sourced any of their products? Of the big guns (desktop windows, office, and mobile) no, so I dont see why they would start now.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
There are two things that are preventing me from absolutely loving this OS. One is the lack of apps relative to Android and iOS. Hopefully, this will get better - it's all up to the willingness of the developers. Second, is the fact that Windows Phone 7.5 Mango is NOT open-source. Because of this, I am torn between Android and WP7. If windows phone was open source, I would never give Android a second thought.

If you think that Microsoft should make WP7.5 Mango open source, please sign this petition.

Your petition is silly and pointless.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Excuse the abrasiveness but, get lost with that idea. If I wanted the garbage from a free operating system, I would still be with android. You can be as torn up as you like between both platforms but spend some time with this platform and you can know what true OS development is. I don't get this open-source meme you guys continue to proselytize. WP7 is as open as it need be but it has a set of rules and parameters which which you can build applications. Build to your hearts content. But it will never be the kind of platform that can be modified leaving it the kind of garbage Windows Mobile is and Android is fast becoming.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Not being open source is WP7's greatest strength.

When MSFT lines up all of there OS's to be a common interface that interact with one another you will hopefully agree. If they open-source one they will have to open all of the others as well.

Doh! I just fed the troll /sigh .....

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
well, i was all set to come in here and post about how silly it would be for MS to open-source the WP O/S but, I see that it's all been taken care of for me by everyone else so... I'll just say ditto to all prior comments here. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers