Stopped getting twitter updates for group

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I added twitter to my phone and created a group for sites I follow that came up as contacts on the phone. I had been getting updates on the tile and by going to the whats new page of the group but today I have stopped getting updates on the whats new page even though the individual contacts are showing their latests posts and the people hub shows them as well. Anyone have this behaviour with any their groups?

Edit: deleted my twitter account and readded it and it now updates the whats new. But this is the second time i've had to do this, anyone else experiencing any similar weirdness?

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Updates were coming in fine on the web, just seems the device was having problems. Sometimes slow updating the tile with the latest tweet as well.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this issue too. It's just happened for the second time today. Twitter seems to work fine from the people hub but from Groups it's a little bit flakey right now. Anyone have any ideas/experience with this issue?

Thanks.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting this issue too. It's just happened for the second time today. Twitter seems to work fine from the people hub but from Groups it's a little bit flakey right now. Anyone have any ideas/experience with this issue?

Thanks.

Can you send a tweet to @winphonesupport? I've been chatting with them since yesterday and going to update them today, will help to have at least one more voice. FYI my situation has not improved, people hub more up to date than twitter group.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Done. Good plan. I was thinking of doing that but didn't know if anyone else on here has seen it. Will let you know if I hear anything.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sent the latest update to them, havent heard anything solid so far. Hope enough people bring this up to get MS to sort a quick fix. Thanks for your help.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Still getting this problem repeatedly. It's really getting me down now. @winphonesupport are off working on it apparently. If I don't hear back by tomorrow afternoon I'll chase them. No idea what triggers it to fail. Deeply frustrating.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Still getting this problem repeatedly. It's really getting me down now. @winphonesupport are off working on it apparently. If I don't hear back by tomorrow afternoon I'll chase them. No idea what triggers it to fail. Deeply frustrating.

I reported it to @winsupport yesterday too. Coincidentally, I saw you were chatting up the same issue with them at the same time. I was glad see that I wasn't alone. Should be enough for them to take a good look into it.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Seem to have found a common thread with my issue. On wifi at home or with a strong signal the People hub and my group seem to pretty much keep pace, though not 100%, sometimes the group needs to be opened up to update. When I get to work or anywhere else with a weaker signal things start to get screwy,

With the group I created sometimes lagging by a couple of hours to wiping out all previous tweets and showing me that no new items are available and showing a blank screen. People hub also yesterday wiped out all the previous tweets and told me no new items to display. When I get to a good signal area they do come back though.

Last edited:

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Seem to have found a common thread with my issue. On wifi at home or with a strong signal the People hub and my group seem to pretty much keep pace, though not 100% the group seems to be up to date after opening it. When I get to work or anywhere else with a weaker signal things start to get screwy,

With the group I created sometimes lagging by a couple of hours to wiping out all previous tweets and showing me that no new items are available and showing a blank screen. People hub also yesterday wiped out all the previous tweets and told me no new items to display. When I get to a good signal area they do come back though.

Do they come back of their own accord or do you need to remove your Twitter account and re-add it? Have you fed this back to @winphonesupport?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have full 3G signal and a full WiFi signal at home, but mine still doesn't update. It update once last night, but us now about 13hours behind.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Do they come back of their own accord or do you need to remove your Twitter account and re-add it? Have you fed this back to @winphonesupport?

They come back themselves, I purposefully did not remove and readd my twitter account to see what would happen. I sent a link to my post to @winphonesupport.

Edit: group just went blank, was showing the last update but 1 from Wpcentral on the tile, went into the group, now get, " no news to share right now" but the tile still shows the wpcentral tweet about Jill Sander's LG. Checked people hub, updated itself with a tweet from 5 mins from when I opened it.

Should add that the only social network updates I have showing are twitter updates, I have Linkedin connected but no updates from that service, no Facebook account added.

Edit 2: Should also add that checking the wpcentral contact in the group updates OK and shows the latest update, but group feed is still blank.

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have Facebook groups. It updates fine. It's only Twitter with the problem. I reported that to @winphonesupport.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I have full 3G signal and a full WiFi signal at home, but mine still doesn't update. It update once last night, but us now about 13hours behind.

Now experiencing the same, at home on wifi/3G, both people hub and group not showing anything at all. Really annoying.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Now experiencing the same, at home on wifi/3G, both people hub and group not showing anything at all. Really annoying.

same here. People hub and group not updating. But neither is the official Twitter app. So I'm hoping this means a server reset.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I managed to do a full reset of my LinkedIn and Twitter accounts last night by trying to delete them both at the same time. Finally brought back my Twitter contacts and been working since then. We shall see...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Everything seems to be working now. Groups, people hub and Twitter app. Anyone else? Crossing my fingers...

This morning my people hub is getting twitter updates fine but my group is still blank. On WiFi all night. did you need to remove and readd your twitter account or it just started working?

Edit: deleted the twitter group and recreated it, working now as well. Will see for how long.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs