How to- Update wp7 to Mango (for those who could not force it)

jack1129

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
No the phone is not walshed and I have already tried the procedure in teh link mentioned.. thanks though.. is there anything else I can try?

I tried the disconnect trick a hundred times and couldn't get it. I gave up on the trick and just kept clicking update and it came through. I just read an article that said mango has been released to 50% of WP7 users.

jack1129

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried the disconnect trick a hundred times and couldn't get it. I gave up on the trick and just kept clicking update and it came through. I just read an article that said mango has been released to 50% of WP7 users.

Can you point me to the article please?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Patience is a virtue for those who have it for the rest of us it is a nuisance to be fleetingly considered and blown away!

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Patience is a virtue for those who have it for the rest of us it is a nuisance to be fleeting considered and blown away!
sad.gif

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
oh yeah? then find a freaking way to get me past that error! :p

I dont think you are understanding what I am sayti ng and I was noty making light of your anguish or angst what I am or was trying to convey is that patience is easier exercised when it not much needed and when needed is not so easily found or held onto

I am not techon nerd but have you looked or had somebocy look to see if there is an issue like described earlier in this thread that if corrected might give you the update?

jhousden9

Oct 5, 2011
www.twitter.com
At least you got the "cleaned up" Mango RTM already. You're right, I don't see anything different from the official Mango and RTM. So it's just a matter of time before you get the Samsung Update (or carrier update).

If I did this, then would I still get the official update from Samsung when it is released? I have a Samsung Omnia 7.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If I did this, then would I still get the official update from Samsung when it is released? I have a Samsung Omnia 7.

You would NOT need the update when released by MS for Samsung. You get the exact same version of what MS would be sending out to you later The same version number now as you would have later. Its official is just comes earlier. Most everybody wants official to be early rather than late. Give it a whirl!

jhousden9

Oct 5, 2011
www.twitter.com
You would NOT need the update when released by MS for Samsung. You get the exact same version of what MS would be sending out to you later The same version number now as you would have later. Its official is just comes earlier. Most everybody wants official to be early rather than late. Give it a whirl!

I've seen that I wouldn't get the Samsung firmware upon release though. What would the worst implications of this? :)

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've seen that I wouldn't get the Samsung firmware upon release though. What would the worst implications of this? :)

You get impatient waiting for it. But nothing (that anyone has reported) has really been added from "cleaned up RTM" to Samsung Updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss