Guess Who Just Won a Focus?!

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I entered the Bing Local Twitter Sweepstakes the other day and tonight they PMed me saying that I was one of the five winners!!! The prize is a Samsung Focus with Mango pre-installed. While this may not be one of the new WP7s, I'll still take it. I have yet to purchase my own Windows Phone (still on WM6.5), so if nothing else, I may just use it via WiFi for the coming months until Verizon releases a worthy device. My contract on Verizon doesn't end until the end of November, anyway. Any suggestions?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If you're not planning to activate it, I would sell it on eBay. Brand new in box is going for $200+. You can use that money for your next upgrade :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations!

You will need a SIM card. If you call AT&T you can order a pay as you go SIM card, it's only about $6.76 mailed to you. If you go to an AT&T store, they will first try to get you to sign a contract, even on a phone bought outright, then if you continue to press for a pay as you go SIM card, they will try to charge you $60 for it.

It's a nice phone!

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Would my SIM card from my Imagio work? It is a Verizon global phone, so it came with one. However, I'm not sure if I can use it on other carriers. I've been on Verizon since before 3G existed, so I've never had to actually mess with SIM cards.

The eBay option sounds really, really good, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist the Mango-ey goodness.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is CDMA in the states not GSM. So sorry to say you can't use Samsung Focus on Verizon.

Yeah, I knew Verizon wasn't an option, but my Imagio has a Verizon SIM card built in (for global use). I was wondering if it was transferable to other carriers if I put it in my Focus.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, cckgz4, but according to their map, they don't have very much coverage in my specific part of Texas. I just got my Focus in today! I'm so excited! I have it just set up on WiFi right now. I'm in the middle of updates (hopefully I won't have to force the Mango) right now, so hopefully within the hour I'll be able to delve pretty deep in WP7!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre