What you want to see in Tango

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Me personally I want Real turn by turn navigation. Plain and simple get it done. Buy a company if you have to or integrate ovi maps right in. Also one other thing that I think is now a weakness for wp7 is the notification system. Its great but one thing I would like to see is the voice command moved to the search button when you hold it down and replace the windows button hold function with a Notification menu that has all your Notifications that you havent taken care of. Kinda how the App switching menu comes up except for your notifications. Simple to use and can be accessible anywhere on your phone unlike the current model. Currently if you dont look at it right away your screwed. Lets say for example your reading an article on the web, in an app, or happen to be playing a game and want to finish something up real quick. The problem now is if you don't do that in the 5 seconds or so that the notification is up you have to back out to the Start menu and then click on the live tile or worse go to the app list. Something as simple as holding down the windows icon to bring up that would be awesome. What does everyone else want to see and what do you think of my idea.

Ambient85

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Custom SMS and email tones
More color choices for tiles (a color slider would be fantastic)
Perhaps background images for the start screen? I think a Black and white photo with silver tiles would look excellent.
Support for dual core processors (not for UI necessarily, but for more intense apps like Infinity Blade, etc.)

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
  • Customisation
  • Global voice command
  • Skype Integration
  • Allow (other) social networks in People Hub (added by the user and not necessarily those approved and/or added by MSFT)
  • More IM services (or at least give the user the option to add by his will)
  • Allow third-party apps access the lock screen (their notifications)
  • Group/folder option for home screen (only when needed of course)
  • SkyDrive app
  • Social network access for Zune (Last.FM, Facebook, Twitter - e.g. "I just hearted/favorited/listened to a song on my Windows Phone through Zune" ... Last.FM scrobbling function)

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I think Skype is a given in a future update. I do agree custom background on start screen and custom alert tones would be reallly cool as well. Doubt your going to see alot of Google integration. Look how the youtube thing has gone down. Not likely that google will allow certain things for Google chat or anything like it. I would like to see all carriers allow Visual Voicemail. Voice to text would be cool to have across the whole OS.

Noidd

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
- attach video to an MMS
- Color wheel or slider for custom tile colors
- more customization options (sounds, backgrounds etc.)
- would love to see the ability to use a percentage value on the battery and not buried in the system settings.

wrong

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I want it to make my bed, cook my dinner, love me.........not trying to sound harsh but there are some here looking for the Utopian phone and I gotta say, it doesn't exist. Sometimes I read comments on this forum and there are some that would still complain if it made the bed et al.

I have to say I was happy with my Focus before Mango because it is intuitive to use and gets me to what I need to do quickly. As an added bonus I can do work related stuff (Office and SharePoint) (unlike Droid and iPhone) without lugging my laptop around. I am really happy with it now with the improvements Mango added.

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Text reflow in IE
Resizable live tiles (2x2 or bigger)
Finer grain tiles. (fit 4 columns)
Multiple home screens.
Customizable app menu with 4 columns. Groups.
Google plus in people hub
USB Storage mode
More customization.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
turn by tur gps? dont we alredy have an APP for that lol

its called: Garmin StreetPilot.....

( oh god that sounded liek an Iphone statement)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb