Where the f- is all 32GB+ devices?!

SirHaxalot

May 7, 2011
www.wp7board.com
Where is all 32GB+ devices?!

Seriously, isn't there any launch partner that have even considered to launch a phone with more than 16GB internal memory? There are a lot of people that I talk to that instantly becomes more skeptical when they hear that you can't get a phone with more than 16GB Storage.

Some people will say that you can change the SD card but I say no; It works on the Focus (which is only available in the US) but unless I haven't missed something essential all other models that actually have a SD slot have it embedded in the phone so that you'll void the warranty if you change it.

Some people say that cloud storage will solve it, but I say a big no; it's like saying **** you to anyone that ever is outside of any major city.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
change SD card won’t cut it?? LOL , Iphone is the only Phone without External SD card.

**and some people will say you can change SD card, i say no**

..... well i say yes .. cause you can. lol

16G+32G = ???? (lol )

*flip PC screen to see answer* (lol)

hahaG.jpg

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If the Trophy or Arrive have an sd slot, it must be using that special invisible tech, cause I sure haven't seen it on either device. There are other phones beside the iPhone similarly not equipped.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you high or on medication.
change SD card won?t cut it?? LOL , Iphone is the only Phone without External SD card.

16G+32G = ???? (lol )

hahaG.jpg

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
For me 16G is enough, but I know many people who have tons of music that they like to carry with them. The Samsung Focus has the capability to add a SD card, but there's some secret decoder ring code you have to go to xda and use to get it work properly.

I'm sure Samsung will introduce a 16/32 gig version of their new phones [rumor]

I dislike the cloud storage idea for music too. Just hold tight, I think larger capacity phones are on the way.
Seriously, isn't there any launch partner that have even considered to launch a phone with more than 16GB internal memory? There are a lot of people that I talk to that instantly becomes more skeptical when they hear that you can't get a phone with more than 16GB Storage.

Some people will say that you can change the SD card but I say no; that shouldn't be necessary. Some people say that cloud storage will solve it, but I say a big no; it's like saying **** you to anyone that ever is outside of any major city.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you high or on medication.

well right now im not on high , not yet any ways.

Why? hahah

The Samsung Focus has the capability to add a SD card, but there's some secret decoder ring code you have to go to xda and use to get it work properly.

are you high?? lol i put the sd card in my focus day 1 , now i have 48Gigs ( ah **** i gave away the answer )

i dint put any SPECIAL code. lol

here: http://wmpoweruser.com/certified-windows-phone-7-microsd-cards-appear/

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You just missed the entire point of his post. As always

It's a KNOW issue with certain SD cards and the Samsung Focus.

OK so buy the one that is certified... lol
dont buy the *certain SD cards that have problems* lol....

you had a problem , i dint ... cause i got the right one :)

so what Point did i MISS AGAIN? the fact that you got the wrong SD card? or the know issu with WRONG sd card? hahaha

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
WRONG, I didn't have a problem, and neither did the OP. You're still off topic. As always.
OK so buy the one that is certified... lol
dont buy the *certain SD cards that have problems* lol....

you had a problem , i dint ... cause i got the right one :)
Where did you find a 40G SD card, if you don't mind me asking.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
how am i off topic , we are talking SD Cards ,, and i talked about SD cards (or phone memory in general)

so if you ditn have a problem why are you talking about Know Issus... just to troll me?

and then claim i was off topic when u started talking about problems? lol ....

ur the one that changed the topic.......

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
He posted a topic about why WP7 phones DONT have large capacities and not wanting an external SD card. You blabber about "iphone is this and they only one that doesn't....."

I'm just letting him know that he's right for now, just hold on...Oh and that you're the only person in the world that has a 16G Samsung Focus.

Where did you buy your focus if you don't mind me asking. I'd live to buy a 16G version also.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am amazed that you can get 32GB of memory on a tiny little micro SD card. I wonder if they learned this technology from extraterrestrials? :cool:

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It's usually quite a bit cheaper to add a 16- or 32-gb SD card to a phone than to buy the version of the phone that has higher storage, plus you may be able to reuse the card in future phones like the Focus S depending on how the card is formatted by the phone. I would hesitate to buy a phone without a memory card slot.

I added a basic Sandisk 16gb SDHC to my Focus (no xda magic, just a hard reset before I ever started using the phone) that gave me 24gb (really 22gb available) for storage, and honestly, it's no real problem to manage music and video with that much, I still have 8gb free. I've never understood carrying your entire media library every single day, but whatever floats your boat.

Apple charges a $100 more for an additional 16gb of storage (or another $100 for the second 32gb of storage on the 64gb model), or you can throw a 16gb SD card in a Focus for $20. Which makes more sense?

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
change SD card won?t cut it?? LOL , Iphone is the only Phone without External SD card.

16G+32G = ???? (lol )

hahaG.jpg

The newer phones, including the HTC Radar and Titan, both use NAND memory, so there's no microSD card to replace (HTC Titan uses fast Samsung NAND memory, not slow microSD cards | WMPoweruser). Also, from what I've gleaned about the only phone that DOES have a microSD slot, the Samsung Focus, was not intended to have it and MS had made sure it will not reappear on any other devices. the OEM's need to step up with different flavors of WP7 phones or quit.

SirHaxalot

May 7, 2011
www.wp7board.com
Okay, I forgot that the Focus had a user accessible SD card (it's only available in the US though), but afaik all other you'll void the warranty in one way or another if you install a new SD card.

Also, while there will be new phones available the only one with more than 16GB storage I've seen is the Fujitsu IS12T, which also is only available in Japan...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Pity Dell screwed up so badly. They had a 32GB version for att and T-Mo but now only the 16GB is available. If they are still in the WP7 business maybe they'll have one again, and avoid the launch and performance issues of the DVP.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Pity Dell screwed up so badly. They had a 32GB version for att and T-Mo but now only the 16GB is available. If they are still in the WP7 business maybe they'll have one again, and avoid the launch and performance issues of the DVP.

my one regret with my DVP is that I didn't swap the 8GB card out for a 32GB card the day I got it (definitely not gonna go through that at this point with all the stuff on the darned phone). Would have LOVED to be able to buy it that way (but the only one they sell at the MS stores is the 8GB version).

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is 16gigs is not enough in this time and date. I have 15 used out of my 22 on my Focus, but it's only cause I deleted useless apps and a bunch of music before Mango, thinking I was going to have to roll it back. I have over 20gigs of music on my comuter, enought to fill the phone with music without any apps, photos, or videos. I don't want to have to rely on the cloud but it's looking more and more like they are trying to force that on us.

BTW, I have a 16gig Micro SD HC card installed and it is not MS certified and have had zero problems. You need to make sure you buy a quality card and shouldn't have problems.

I will not consider a phone that has only 8gigs without being expandable. It wont work for me.

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
change SD card won’t cut it?? LOL , Iphone is the only Phone without External SD card.

16G+32G = ???? (lol )

hahaG.jpg

First, it's a colossal hassle in most cases in WP7 to change the card.

Secondly, most cards and card interfaces I've dealt with are way slower than the iPhone (or the other blazing-fast-memory handset, the N900). If you have 32Gb, you want to write it as fast as possible.

And thirdly, how many people out there are swapping multiple 32Gb cards?

I too, like the OP, am wondering where the heck all the just 32Gb, let alone 32Gb+expansion WP7 phones are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss