We need another major update!!

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hardware and devise the hardware is not up to speed and there is what maybe three devices that really stand out.next marking MS stinks at it.also the name windows puts many people off.but hey what do I know

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hardware and devise the hardware is not up to speed and there is what maybe three devices that really stand out.next marking MS stinks at it.also the name windows puts many people off.but hey what do I know

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

If you hit the space bar twice on your HD7 it will add the period, add a space, and capitalize the first letter of your next sentence... :)

staindgrey

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The latest numbers show WP7 actually declined a bit; nothing kills developer interest like a shrinking market. Sorry to be a pessimist, but unless Nokia takes off like a rocket - straight up - I think the handwriting is on the wall. MS just buried Zune, and there's lots more room in the crypt.

They didn't bury the Zune; they buried the Zune hardware. They still heavily promote the software. Honestly, as much as I love my Zune HD, sticking to one platform is smarter. You can keep all your dev's in the phone department, and not have to worry about constantly catching up to iPods in the solely-a-media-player market.

Plus, even despite the lack of further hardware support, they just released a batch of new apps and games for Zune HD just a few months ago. I wasn't expecting that at all, but I was delighted. Add in that they're offering a new option for Zune subscriptions now and gave the WP7 Zune UI a lovely overhaul (finally adding in Smart DJ as well, thank God), and I think it's safe to say MS is sticking with Zune for the long haul. And considering how much they've already invested in transforming their phone line, and you can bet that they'll be sticking with the WP7 product for quite some time.

Remember, the original Xbox never, ever turned a profit. Its main objective was to simply keep Sony from dominating the market. The Xbox 360 eventually turned a profit because MS stuck with it, and now holds the greatest market share in the US since the decline of the Wii. The WP7's current state is not unlike the original Xbox's.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I need Flash and I need some new accent colors (i.e. gray) or my next phone is going to be an Android, and I'm sorry about that.

Can't look at the jelly bean colors any longer. Can't read about yet another useful app that's availble for iPhone and Android.

u do not need flash. and its not MS fault that it's not in wp7 yet, complain and whine to adobe about it. while ur at it ask the iPhone users how they feel about flash, ask the android users how well flash runs on their devices, or better yet ask any PC user how many times their browser crashed that was related to flash. no matter how many times Adobe updates flash it will always be an unstable resource hog and the faster the web devs adopt html5 the better off we will be.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
u do not need flash. and its not MS fault that it's not in wp7 yet, complain and whine to adobe about it. while ur at it ask the iPhone users how they feel about flash, ask the android users how well flash runs on their devices, or better yet ask any PC user how many times their browser crashed that was related to flash. no matter how many times Adobe updates flash it will always be an unstable resource hog and the faster the web devs adopt html5 the better off we will be.

I am pretty sure this was an MS decision, same as at Apple, and that i was basically a political/competetive move rather than a technical decision. Maybe MS should have set a cutoff date in the future. Because right now there are way too many sites that I try to use, which need Flash.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Wp7 will NEVER have flash just like Iphone will NEVER have it ether.
i personally HATE flash never had good experience with it.

FLASH = HD DVD
HTML5 = Blue ray (winner)

hehe... or BetA and VHS whatever example you like better :)

Reactions: theman60099

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The smart phone market isn't very impressed when MS says "don't worry, all those sites will recode with HTML5, it will only take a year or two." One more reason Android is gaining.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure this was an MS decision, same as at Apple, and that i was basically a political/competetive move rather than a technical decision. Maybe MS should have set a cutoff date in the future. Because right now there are way too many sites that I try to use, which need Flash.

it was NOT an MS decision, they do NOT make flash! they have even said that flash is coming. why can't u understand that. the sites I use have an additional html5 component and it runs much better than flash. so congrats u just won another down vote from me.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
it was NOT an MS decision, they do NOT make flash! they have even said that flash is coming. why can't u understand that. the sites I use have an additional html5 component and it runs much better than flash. so congrats u just won another down vote from me.

actually it was.

Apple doesn’t make flash but they still decided not to add it , just like MS hasten added flash

the last Claim from adobe saying they where gona bring flash to WP7 was in august 2010... sayign we gona give flash to wp7 starting on launch day....... so 1 year later and 2 upgrade .. still no flash!

Microsoft`s Andy Lees said:

"It's not a religious thing; we support standard H.264 video in the browser. We're not allergic to Flash, we're not allergic to Silverlight, we're not allergic to HTML5 – but this [Windows Phone 7 browser] doesn't support it," he told TechRadar.

"We don't have the extensibility model inside the browser for those pieces and when you see the future I think you'll understand why."

If you read the last statement it sound like MS said NO to flash.

blackhawk556

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
you're off the chain,mango is fine, I just need the Skype integration and transit directions in the Bing and then it's done. already it is way more than enough to compete with Android and iOS especially since they didn't really add anything.

this is where you're wrong. Just because you need Skype and transit direction doesn't mean that the majority of the people do as well. I have zero need transit stuff so just because I don't need it, doesn't mean you don't need it. MS needs to add more features soon so that the majority of people have access to them.

frequent updates will show critics that MS is ready to fight and are not slow or out of touch.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
this is where you're wrong. Just because you need Skype and transit direction doesn't mean that the majority of the people do as well. I have zero need transit stuff so just because I don't need it, doesn't mean you don't need it. MS needs to add more features soon so that the majority of people have access to them.

frequent updates will show critics that MS is ready to fight and are not slow or out of touch.

What we *really* need is for MS to push Mango to all handsets on all carriers ASAP. There are several device out there that haven't received the update, and it is not possible for force the updates on these devices either because the updates are unavailable.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

We already have features that in other OSes u need an app for. and there are 2 tango updates coming before Apollo so that's 3 updates. what more can u ask for? and besides android hasn't finished with the gingerbread update, look at the article on the front page. I sure would love to see how the ICS rollout is going to go.

WayneDiesel34

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Apparently Mango just doesn't cut it for you, so why not just go and find an OS that does?
I mean it is easy for us to stand on the sidelines and complain about what MS is not doing.

The only solutions that I see that you and other people complaining about WP7 phones/Mango update can do is either go get a job at MS to help design the updates your way, go get an iPhone or android phone, or (as one member said in another thread) go build your own phone.

Nothing is perfect in the smartphone game. It is up to YOU to get what YOU want.

There are people on here who talk bad about the Trophy. It doesn't bother me because it was the phone that I wanted. And as long as it does what I need it too do then I'm fine.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You can't just have a "major update" though. What are you going to put in it? Stuff like Apple's Siri doesn't spring up overnight.

What's really needed right now is hardware - apart from anything else, you can't keep squeezing more performance out of the same spec level.

This or a way bigger marketing plan.

Exactly. Average users (not us) are not buying WP devices because they don't know anything about them. What MS needs now is more exposure. Everything else will follow.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Thank you.

People, I know on the internet, you feel like you have a certain obligation to be on the "winning" team and being that you're surrounded with all this information of new technology and fanboys, your device/OS feels irrelevant. But the same concerns and worries that you're spitting, they're spitting the SAME thing on Android and iOS forums when new stuff comes out as well. I really think people need to separate their feelings from what's actually happening

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The smart phone market isn't very impressed when MS says "don't worry, all those sites will recode with HTML5, it will only take a year or two." One more reason Android is gaining.

Right. Not being able to visit flash-enabled sites is the problem. /s

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I should've kept multi-quoting to page 2

What we *really* need is for MS to push Mango to all handsets on all carriers ASAP. There are several device out there that haven't received the update, and it is not possible for force the updates on these devices either because the updates are unavailable.

Again, visit http://www.windowscentral.com and visit the article talking about how many devices are rocking Mango in 10 days (20%) versus how many Android devices have been updated to Gingerbread (36-38%) in the past 10 months. Once again, you people need to separate your feelings from reality

you people= meaning those that hit submit before thinking about it

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
@cckgz4 I think this forum also has the "edit" function.

The poll doesn't make any sense. Because the OP finds the additions through Mango insufficient, he demands more frequent update in general? Microsoft is going to release real major updates each year, Apollo as WP8 -- Mango is just 7.5. You can't just make new OS versions out of thin air.

This poll simply asks whether you are content with Mango or not, why not phrase it like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb