As an ATT user I feel bad for you other carriers...

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
So I have always been on att and love that we will be getting all these wp's, a friend asked my advice on a new phone for t-mobile, I checked what they have for wp7 and the hd7 I figure there will be something better soon, the dell he wont like, so I looked to see whats coming and....a whopping ONE phone, the rader 4G. Its not a bad phone but lets be honest, its no focus s, titan or nokia, sprint is same, verizon is same, all of a sudden I feel grateful to be on ATT. So why no phones?? This isnt too good for wp7 considering it needs more exposure and the fact that Android has like 1000 different phones of all classes so people can choose dosnt help, then we have the iphone...

In the end I reccomended the GS2 on tmobile, I have the GS2 right and am waiting for an att Nokia but im sure he'll like the gs2 as hes not a big phone guy, but thats why wp7 would have been great! They need to get on the ball in terms of hardware fast!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
- ether because AT&T is dishing out more $$ for wp7 and getting mroe EXCLUSIVE phones.

- other carriers dont care much for wp.....

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping verizon will get a top WP7 before it's time for me to upgrade, but I'm not switching to AT&T. The coverage I had and the price my plan costs are worth me staying.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Should have recommended the Dell, issues fixed and now running Mango. WP7 at its best!

However, having more phones on art wouldn't be that bad if only microsoft would actually tell people it was available. As for other carriers, plainly evident they don't care for WP7. If the coverage works I will be and have no problem recommending anyone interested in WP7 to consider att. More interested in the platform succeeding anyway it can, even if it only gets support from 1 carrier.

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if he's buying without contract. He can get any AT&T phone and just unlock it. Use wifi and edge. I've done it with several tmobile phones on AT&T's network. Tons of people do that with the iPHone for tmo.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I would switch to AT&T if I wasn't on a family plan on Verizon. My signal at work isn't very good anyway, and that's supposed to be Verizon's big strength. The only thing holding me back is that my costs would go up (2 of the 4 people on my plan have feature phones and don't care about phone selection so they don't want to switch).

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if he's buying without contract. He can get any AT&T phone and just unlock it. Use wifi and edge. I've done it with several tmobile phones on AT&T's network. Tons of people do that with the iPHone for tmo.

Some people including me need 3G, I have had edge and its unbearable for me. It could be the sickest phone but if no edge no buy for me.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can understand that. I use to rely on 3G data for everything. But as time went by, AT&T's 3G network got so slow, that all I'm getting is Edge speed anyway. I was pretty much forced to get a wifi router.
Some people including me need 3G, I have had edge and its unbearable for me. It could be the sickest phone but if no edge no buy for me.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My carrier only has the Optimus 7 but to my luck. They are a very Nokia heavy carrier ( They love Motorola also but don't have any of the Droids!!! ) I'm pretty sure I will get my Nokia fix when my contract runs out in 2013 :)

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I have always been on att and love that we will be getting all these wp's, a friend asked my advice on a new phone for t-mobile, I checked what they have for wp7 and the hd7 I figure there will be something better soon, the dell he wont like, so I looked to see whats coming and....a whopping ONE phone, the rader 4G. Its not a bad phone but lets be honest, its no focus s, titan or nokia, sprint is same, verizon is same, all of a sudden I feel grateful to be on ATT. So why no phones?? This isnt too good for wp7 considering it needs more exposure and the fact that Android has like 1000 different phones of all classes so people can choose dosnt help, then we have the iphone...

In the end I reccomended the GS2 on tmobile, I have the GS2 right and am waiting for an att Nokia but im sure he'll like the gs2 as hes not a big phone guy, but thats why wp7 would have been great! They need to get on the ball in terms of hardware fast!

It's not just WP. AT&T seems to have a large selection of all platforms. I noticed that back in the day with WinMo, Blackberry, etc. Outside of the Google G1 and Palm Pre exclusives, they've been able to provide a good selection of all operating systems and manufacturers.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I never really thought of it that way. I hate AT&T's horrible pricing, however, their support for WP7 has been above and beyond most (probably all) carriers around the world. And considering how poor sales have been it's a surprise they still support WP7 as much as they do.

But I still don't want them to buy T-Mobile. ;)

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Radar looks like a nice handset. Good sized screen without adding too much size.

I like my HD7 but after using my Sensation a lot the HD7 just feels big and awkward in the hand. The Titan is bigger than the HD7 so the size alone would probably be a deal breaker for me.
IMO, 4.3 inches with a screen resolution of 960x540 is the sweet spot.

With that said, I would probably choose the Radar over the Titan (and yes I'm aware the Titan has a faster processor).

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Radar looks like a nice handset. Good sized screen without adding too much size.

I like my HD7 but after using my Sensation a lot the HD7 just feels big and awkward in the hand. The Titan is bigger than the HD7 so the size alone would probably be a deal breaker for me.
IMO, 4.3 inches with a screen resolution of 960x540 is the sweet spot.

With that said, I would probably choose the Radar over the Titan (and yes I'm aware the Titan has a faster processor).

Sensation and HD7 have the same screen size. The HD7 is a bit wider and sensation a bit taller, overall they are about the same...

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
4.3?! Holy ****, why not just get a tablet?! That's H E double hockey sticks... just fyi

I think for a phone 3.6-3.8 is about the biggest I'd ever want. I want a phone to fit in my pocket. To me, the Arrive at 3.6 is just about right. Big enough screen to be usable, but not so big that it doesn't fit well in the pocket. Even with the extra girth from the slide-out keyboard it's still pocket friendly. Don't get me wrong, if they stretched the border of the existing screen and wedged a 3.8" in there I'd be more than happy but making it physically bigger would kill it for me.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I feel bad for people on AT&T seeing as it's consistently the worst rated network overall, but they do have the best WP7 selection currently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss