Just got my first windows phone

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
oh, ok. I'd have her check and make sure they're stored in a document type folder, but other than that, I'm not sure. There are some weird issues like this between phone and browser.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep, you're right. They were not in her folder but just on the skydrive. I can't figure out how to move them into her "my documents" folder so I made a new test excel document in the folder and shared it. Then got on my phone and in the office app and it was there.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the other documents she has into that folder.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
there used to be a 'move/copy' feature under the Path under Information, but I don't see it anymore.

edit: looks like 'move' is only available if it's already in a folder. she'll have to download the documents, then upload them into a document-type folder.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the Focus. I've had one since January when they went on sale at AT&T.

I'll be waiting for the Focus S. I have an upgrade on my main line coming up next month (or end of this... can't remember). May be my last smartphone (unless I get them for free) until the iPhone 5 or the next big Windows Phone by Samsung.
why consider an iPhony after seeing and using WP? I can't believe people are still stuck on this pathetic app launcher. and why does it have to be Samsung and not HTC?
For some reason I had to log into hotmail and re-invite my wife. She accepted and now we can chat again. Strange I had to do that. Looks like I have to reinvite all my friends I want to chat in messenger with.

I also have some apps that aren't remaining open and aren't receiving push notifications such as IM+, freetalk and govoice. I wonder if it's just an issue of waiting for the apps to get updated for mango?

IM+ is the buggiest POS app out there, its worse than flory which was pulled from the market back in April. they haven't updated for mango yet but I doubt it could get better because it's still crap after 2 updates.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
once you have a samsung, you want another one. the Focus is that good of a phone.

as for push, I've seen the same thing. I wonder if some of their push servers just aren't doing the job, or if they've actually stopped the push service entirely.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
IM+ is the buggiest POS app out there, its worse than flory which was pulled from the market back in April. they haven't updated for mango yet but I doubt it could get better because it's still crap after 2 updates.

It's been working fine for me. However there isn't really much else I can use. I need gtalk and this seems to be about the best I can get at the moment. Unless you have other gtalk IM clients you can recommend?

mdelacoma

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm making the switch over as well. From WebOS. My Focus is due to arrive Wednesday. Can you guys tell me what I should do first when I get it? Is there anything I need to sign in to or up for? It is new in the box so it won't have Mango on it yet. What is the process for getting that update? Thanks for the help

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
the first thing you should do is put a 16gb SD card in the Focus, since you'll have to do a hard reset to enable an SD card, you should do this first (unless you don't need the storage for some reason).

And obviously you need a Live ID to use the Focus - if you don't have one, or if you want to start off fresh, get on Live.com and create one. But if you have xbox or Hotmail, go with that.

to get the update, just plug in the Focus to your computer, start up the zune software, and go into Settings - Phone - update. You may have a few updates to get to Mango depending on where the Focus is right now.

And read this forum - there's also a 'Focus' thread.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Focus is a great phone choice. I love this phone. It's stylish, thin, simple and fast. The camera is great too.

@duvi You should donate your upgrade to me. I want the Focus S. It looks like a good phone choice. I'm wondering if more people are going to check out WP7 since iPhone 5 wasn't announced. iPhone 4S is great, but I think if you had an iPhone 4 then it's just going to be more of the same.

mdelacoma

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
the first thing you should do is put a 16gb SD card in the Focus, since you'll have to do a hard reset to enable an SD card, you should do this first (unless you don't need the storage for some reason).

And obviously you need a Live ID to use the Focus - if you don't have one, or if you want to start off fresh, get on Live.com and create one. But if you have xbox or Hotmail, go with that.

to get the update, just plug in the Focus to your computer, start up the zune software, and go into Settings - Phone - update. You may have a few updates to get to Mango depending on where the Focus is right now.

And read this forum - there's also a 'Focus' thread.
I did some reading around and it seems there is some debate/confusion about the SD cards. What is your opinion on which to use?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank God Apple drop the ball then, Good to still have you Duvi.
Lol... I actually pre-ordered a few iPhone 4S devices on the 7th. Had to have something until the Focus S! Hehe.

That SIRI got me curious. I bought an iPad 2 yesterday, so I may not even keep the 4S too long after the "oh this is nice" phase.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
You might be interested to know that some of the Mac-friendly WLM clients don't integrate with the WLM service all that well. Photos aren't always applied to your Live account, same with statuses etc. Your updates may not be visible to a Mac WLM client. Sorry. Don't mean to sound anti-Apple. Just trying to find some reason behind this issue.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
You might be interested to know that some of the Mac-friendly WLM clients don't integrate with the WLM service all that well. Photos aren't always applied to your Live account, same with statuses etc. Your updates may not be visible to a Mac WLM client. Sorry. Don't mean to sound anti-Apple. Just trying to find some reason behind this issue.

That's pretty normal. And it's up to the 3rd party developers creating those apps and microsoft. Most messaging apps only integrate the core functionality which is the chatting back and forth. They either don't put in the effort to add other features or microsoft doesn't make the API's available for those features. It applies to 3rd party clients on windows, mac and linux as well as mobile devices.

As long as the API's are there the developer can build all the features they want in their messaging apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss