My Gripes with WP7

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I sync my hotmail calendar mo problems. Have had problems with end dates.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

L

lumic

Drafts is definitely a good idea - at the very least, the option to turn them on. It could get a bit unorthodox with how the threaded messaging works, so the drafts will probably be a "pinned" thread and sending a draft will move it into the appropriate thread. My mom will not switch from her K800i without such functionality, since she types long texts (some people just don't get SMS :S).

IE needs to get on-screen back and forward buttons, or there needs to be some consistency in navigation. Current back button is really fragmented in usage - for example, there is an app I use where upon opening it, I need to press back three times to exit it. (That's arguably terrible design on the developer's side, but still.)

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Drafts is definitely a good idea - at the very least, the option to turn them on. It could get a bit unorthodox with how the threaded messaging works, so the drafts will probably be a "pinned" thread and sending a draft will move it into the appropriate thread. My mom will not switch from her K800i without such functionality, since she types long texts (some people just don't get SMS :S).

IE needs to get on-screen back and forward buttons, or there needs to be some consistency in navigation. Current back button is really fragmented in usage - for example, there is an app I use where upon opening it, I need to press back three times to exit it. (That's arguably terrible design on the developer's side, but still.)

Why not two fingers swipe for back and forward? Or even one finger swipe, once it reaches the border, an additional swipe would move to the next page (much like they did on Mac Air with two fingers swipe). I don't understand why no smartphone, iOS included, support more multi-fingers gestures in their stock apps.

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you got all the answers. I got tired of reading about people judging each other. When you indicate losing your message when you switch I cannot tell if you mean SMS or email. if you mean SMS, then I don't know. For email, anytime you want to leave a long message to do something else, hit the X button at the bottom. It will ask if you want to discard or Save. Saving it puts it in the drafts folder.

narrow-minded

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you got all the answers. I got tired of reading about people judging each other. When you indicate losing your message when you switch I cannot tell if you mean SMS or email. if you mean SMS, then I don't know. For email, anytime you want to leave a long message to do something else, hit the X button at the bottom. It will ask if you want to discard or Save. Saving it puts it in the drafts folder.

I know there are work-arounds for it. It's just a little gripe with the OS. Thankfully I know about and am learning to use the multitasking. Someone who doesn't know about it would be screwed if they hit the Start button after typing a long message.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried the suspended apps option for retrieving a text draft. Worked well. I hadn't considered that before.

That being, theman60099, you need to lighten up. You're acting like a complaint against WP7 is a personal attack on you.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried the suspended apps option for retrieving a text draft. Worked well. I hadn't considered that before.

That being, theman60099, you need to lighten up. You're acting like a complaint against WP7 is a personal attack on you.
android users were complaining that all their messages were drafted for no reason and touted it as to why they went to WP.
theman has a bunch of stock in WP7, that's why he takes it so personal.

now aren't u a tarado just because I say that some of these complaints are ridiculous doesn't mean that I have stock in WP.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
android users were complaining that all their messages were drafted for no reason and touted it as to why they went to WP.

now aren't u a tarado just because I say that some of these complaints are ridiculous doesn't mean that I have stock in WP.

What's a tarado? I very well might be one, lol. These complaints may be ridiculous to you but that doesn't mean they aren't valid complaints. I think everyone in this thread thinks very highly of WP7, but it isn't perfect, nor is any other mobile os. Maybe you could offer solutions and workarounds without calling people stupid?

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
What's a tarado? I very well might be one, lol. These complaints may be ridiculous to you but that doesn't mean they aren't valid complaints. I think everyone in this thread thinks very highly of WP7, but it isn't perfect, nor is any other mobile os. Maybe you could offer solutions and workarounds without calling people stupid?

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

I've done that and they were apprehensive about having to do that just to do this one thing.

L

lumic

ok well in that case u set the event to end FRIDAY at this given time. but I guess u must be too nice of a guy to figure that out. oh and did I mention that apple thinks their customers are Stupid?
Can you stop being a massive ****** and beating around the bush? There are features which are undoubtedly useful for some and not implemented in Mango. If Microsoft wants to keep the closed paradigm, it needs to provide a feature-rich OS so people don't wish for it to be more open.

Why not two fingers swipe for back and forward? Or even one finger swipe, once it reaches the border, an additional swipe would move to the next page (much like they did on Mac Air with two fingers swipe). I don't understand why no smartphone, iOS included, support more multi-fingers gestures in their stock apps.
That's actually a great idea, for some reason I had almost completely forgotten about gestures. Would love if the next iteration of IE also provides a new tab "speed dial", along with better access to bookmarks and tabs. Two finger swipe up/down?

Last edited:

goaley45

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Month View Forward Only

Maybe a glitch on my HTC Arrive, but in month view I can only go forward. If I use back button I go to start screen. How dumb is this?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a glitch on my HTC Arrive, but in month view I can only go forward. If I use back button I go to start screen. How dumb is this?

Ummm, not at all...You scroll down to go forward a month, and scroll up to go back a month.

That is like saying when you are in an app and you scroll down, you want the Back button to raise you to the top of the screen...

Changing Months is just scrolling...the back button never has, should, will ever reverse scrolling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05