Question: What else is missing from WP?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
And I mean features that everyone would use (C&P, Multitasking etc) not features that only the phone geeks would use really.

Has Mango addressed mostly everything or are there some basic stuff missing?

Thanks.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
And I mean features that everyone would use (C&P, Multitasking etc) not features that the average consumer would use really.

Has Mango addressed mostly everything or are there some basic stuff missing?

Thanks.

When you say "features that everyone would use" wouldn't that also include the average consumer?

I'm willing to bet that the average consumer uses far less features than what we "geeks" complain about on a daily basis.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
in terms of FEATURES ,we have way more then enough.... the features cope WAY mroe then my needs...

they need to start concentrating on more APPS/Games

games supposedly being one of WP sell points ,, but they barely have 20…..(good once)

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
there are a few glaring omissions like full Bluetooth and Video sharing, but I think most baseline features are covered.

I'd be happy with full BT, skype and ics on my next phone.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know it's not a big deal to most, but I still would like to be able to send more than one picture or vid via MMS. Also BT sharing.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Direct youtube uploading. A real youtube app. Deep Youtube integration.

1080p video recording.
Real turn by turn navigation

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Sharing videos through mms and Facebook. Like Winterfang I'd like to see a built in YouTube app that allows better video sharing. I know we won't see one with the sharing options the android version has, but I think Microsoft should work on it. And yes I know there are other YouTube apps that do some of this.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Sharing videos through mms and Facebook. Like Winterfang I'd like to see a built in YouTube app that allows better video sharing. I know we won't see one with the sharing options the android version has, but I think Microsoft should work on it. And yes I know there are other YouTube apps that do some of this.

the YouTube probably will not happen because Google is blocking MS access to the proper APIs. there's already video uploading to Facebook support

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
the YouTube probably will not happen because Google is blocking MS access to the proper APIs. there's already video uploading to Facebook support
I agree with you on YouTube. Can't believe I forgot about uploading videos to Facebook. I've done that a few times since I got mango.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think customization still a big thing that is missing to an average user.

This should be an easy fix for MS...how hard it's to add couple more color options that aren't candy like...like espresso or graphite.

Last edited:

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
A couple of big ones with the browser

1. Make the url bar disappear to save screen real estate.
2. Text reflow after pinch zoom.
the first set of complaints were that the URL bar wasn't in landscape now that it is people still complain. and the text fits to screen in default zoom level so text reflow really isn't needed.
More tile color options. BT audio with headphones. Better FB and Twitter integration.

BT audio with headphones is included. only thing I think is missing in the way of Facebook and Twitter integration is liking others comments and editing and deleting of comments, on the twitter end I would like to see what others are saying on one page.

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it so hard to have the url bar in landscape mode and also have it out of the way when not used? Developers at Google and Apple must be geniuses to get it right the first time.

And I don't want something other than the default zoom level if it pleases your highness.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it so hard to have the url bar in landscape mode and also have it out of the way when not used? Developers at Google and Apple must be geniuses to get it right the first time.

And I don't want something other than the default zoom level if it pleases your highness.

its also a pain to have to scroll back to the top of the page to access this address bar,so MS did right by leaving it. sure it wouldn't hurt u losing a small bit of real estate, sure doesn't affect me. not my fault or MS' fault that u can't accept this.

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
its also a pain to have to scroll back to the top of the page to access this address bar,so MS did right by leaving it. sure it wouldn't hurt u losing a small bit of real estate, sure doesn't affect me. not my fault or MS' fault that u can't accept this.

I am glad it's not a problem for you. Thankful you are not the only customer for MS or we wouldn't have wp7 anymore. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion