WP Spousal Vindication: "Oh, you're iPhone can't tell you how.....

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
By the time I get back home my wife's iPhone 4 should be updated to IOS 5. Guess I'll have to see if my lowly trophy still spanks it, lol.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i cracked, not by choice at fiorst though. i was forced to switch carriers because of a very poor signal in my area. i thought sprint would be better so i gave them a shot . didnt like the htc wp7 they had so i went with a nexus s 4g. signal was worse than it was with tmobile. so i had to crack and head back to big red, verizon.(got an iphone 4) i always have a signal with them but i pay for it. to me it is worth it, which was completely validated while i was in gatlinburg for the weekend. always had a strong signal. while in gatlinburg i had a head to head battle with my brother who is die hard microsoft, despises apple. he has the htc hd7, (my old phone) and i have an iphone 4. both excellent phones, but i must say i beat him on almost every aspect. camera quality, internet speed, app opening, app quality via fps, bing audio vs soundhound, gps, the list went on... given some were carrier based, but overall the iphone wins. specs mean nothing to me, i am basing this off of user experience. iphone 4s sold over 1 million phones in 24 hours, microsoft has a lot of catching up to do... i hope they can swim.

let the bashing begin, im a hypocrite, i know

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I was just showing my phone to a hot girl that works in front of my. I show her that I could use Zune while unlocked and pictures will show etc...

She was like: Well I have an iphone so... * raise eyebrow* *unlocks the phone, goes to itunes and shows me her player*

I was like: This is the lock screen. * unlocks phone*

She:... meh I don't care.

lol you can't just convert iphone believers :)

Never try to get an iSheep to stray from the flock. :D

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
many emails you have in gmail or hotmail without opening your email app and checking two inboxes? You know whose phone can do that from the home screen? Mine. Sounds like you need a WP."

Yep, just had this confab with wifey when she asked me if I could set up gmail AND hotmail notifications on her iPhone home screen.

While my response was greeted with an eye roll, IT WAS A HUSBANDTORIAL MORAL VICTORY OF EPIC BIBLICAL PROPORTION!

lol Be careful, though! Remember that Adam did end up biting that apple because of Eve :lol:

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Never try to get an iSheep to stray from the flock. :D

actually once the iphone is unlocked ( which takes a simple swipe, and to think that is just an extra step is super lazy) you can double click the home button to bring up itunes and play, ff, rew, and track time bar. and to view the play buttons on the wp7, you still have to press the home button to illuminate the screen, so its not completely touchless. furthormore i hated the fact you couldnt slide to a specific point in a track, you have to hold the ff button, really?

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
actually once the iphone is unlocked ( which takes a simple swipe, and to think that is just an extra step is super lazy) you can double click the home button to bring up itunes and play, ff, rew, and track time bar. and to view the play buttons on the wp7, you still have to press the home button to illuminate the screen, so its not completely touchless. furthormore i hated the fact you couldnt slide to a specific point in a track, you have to hold the ff button, really?

It's all in good fun Dizzy, I have family and a few friends who have an iPhone. I had the first generation iPhone, and did not like it. As long as you're happy, that is all that matters. ;)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Well with WP7 you just have to hit one button (power) and the music controls are there. Easier on WP7 no question.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
i cracked, not by choice at fiorst though. i was forced to switch carriers because of a very poor signal in my area. i thought sprint would be better so i gave them a shot . didnt like the htc wp7 they had so i went with a nexus s 4g. signal was worse than it was with tmobile. so i had to crack and head back to big red, verizon.(got an iphone 4) i always have a signal with them but i pay for it. to me it is worth it, which was completely validated while i was in gatlinburg for the weekend. always had a strong signal. while in gatlinburg i had a head to head battle with my brother who is die hard microsoft, despises apple. he has the htc hd7, (my old phone) and i have an iphone 4. both excellent phones, but i must say i beat him on almost every aspect. camera quality, internet speed, app opening, app quality via fps, bing audio vs soundhound, gps, the list went on... given some were carrier based, but overall the iphone wins. specs mean nothing to me, i am basing this off of user experience. iphone 4s sold over 1 million phones in 24 hours, microsoft has a lot of catching up to do... i hope they can swim.

let the bashing begin, im a hypocrite, i know

what a cavernicola.

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I updated my wife's iPhone to IOS 5 today. I must say it's pretty nice. I really like the notifications. Some of the features may not be original but they work well.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
many emails you have in gmail or hotmail without opening your email app and checking two inboxes? You know whose phone can do that from the home screen? Mine. Sounds like you need a WP."

Yep, just had this confab with wifey when she asked me if I could set up gmail AND hotmail notifications on her iPhone home screen.

While my response was greeted with an eye roll, IT WAS A HUSBANDTORIAL MORAL VICTORY OF EPIC BIBLICAL PROPORTION!

Well, I hate to say this, but I can do that with my so-old-it's-no-longer-manufactured BlackBerry. It shows the total emails from all accounts on the lock screen and you can view the unified inbox or each account separately and it will show the number of unread messages in each inbox.

That said, I would much prefer a WP7 phone. I even convinced my wife to upgrade hers from Android to WP7 but I'm stuck on Verizon for my work and waiting, impatiently, on them to get some new second generation WP7 phones.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually with iPhone to unlock you have to first press the home button. I know all OS need a button press to start the unlock. :D When locked you just double click the home button and the music controls are on screen. At least thats how I thought it worked. I hardly listen to music on my phone. I only have 200 songs. :) Now my home button stopped working as well. So going from very infrequent memory. So technically its easier on WP7 by a single click instead of double click on iOS.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I got mine when my wife kept asking me to fix her phone and I said I couldn't because the thing she wanted fixed was a inherent flaw in Android (third party apps constantly making her phone run slow, crash, and generally be unreliable). She let me get her an HD7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers