WP Spousal Vindication: "Oh, you're iPhone can't tell you how.....

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
There's no Windows Phone right now that can compete with the Iphone 4 sadly, not in design nor in apps, nor in functionality :(.

Care to be more specific about the functionality? I find my trophy to be just as functional if not more than the iPhone 4.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
There's no Windows Phone right now that can compete with the Iphone 4 sadly, not in design nor in apps, nor in functionality :(.

Sorry...Can't agree with you my brotha....My GF updated iphone 4 iOS5 Wed night and I still have features she wants...WP7 FTW!!!

:p

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sad how often this battle comes up. Its like mac vs PC, coke vs pepsi, xbox vs PS3. They all targeted specific groups and tailored their designs to that target group. All will grab some from groups just outside their target market as well. You can tell the difference between the target group and the almost target group. The target group dismisses any shortcoming while the almost group complains about them. Apples target was very concerned with appearance and style. Everything else was secondary. Well, after grabbing their target group they probably started hearing all the shortcomings of their os in comparisons. So they knew what to improve to grab their almost group.
Windows has done the same thing. Pretty obvious that their OS are completely different in their target audience. iOS is more about apps and wp7 is much more about what the phone allows you to do and how efficiently you can do it. To do the same thing on the iphone that the people hub does, I would have to have a bunch of apps, and have an iphone4 at least to be able to jump between them. Any one want to run a comparison? Get a FB update from a friend, then email or SMS a comment about that update to another friend. When that friend responds then post that comment to your FB friends wall.

You cant please anyone all the time, but you can please someone sometimes.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
strongly disagree. what en cojos can the iPhone 4 do that any windows phone with mango can't do? i want u to name at least 5 things. bet u that u WILL NOT be able to do this especially since the amount that mango can do overshadows what iOS can do. in other words i can name more things that mango can do that iOS cannot. as for apps iOS has been out since 2007 with the appstore beginning in 2008. windows phone didnt start till just last year, so that comparison is just plain STUPID and idiotic at best

5 things? From a hardware perspective the iphone 4 camera is better than all current WP7 cameras. High resolution screen and more solid construction(less plastic). However the SAMOLED screen on the focus has it beat on contrast.

From a software standpoint ios clearly has the edge in apps. Apps I would like to have on WP7. And it's those apps that provide functionality that WP7 doesn't have. Yet.
ibooks and easy syncing via the desktop client. I'd love if WP7 and zune could do this. Notifications on the lockscreen in ios let you directly unlock to the corresponding app. Newstand for magazine subscriptions.

So there's some reasons. You may not care about those. But I do. And others do and can add their own reasons. I can also provide reasons why android is better too if you so wish. And I can tell you my opinions why wp7 is better. They all bring nice unique features to the table.

And lastly, who cares? You use what you like that does what you want and just be happy with it. You shouldn't really be offended or take it personally. Life is too damn short.

Reactions: ikkf

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
strongly disagree. what en cojos can the iPhone 4 do that any windows phone with mango can't do? i want u to name at least 5 things. bet u that u WILL NOT be able to do this especially since the amount that mango can do overshadows what iOS can do. in other words i can name more things that mango can do that iOS cannot. as for apps iOS has been out since 2007 with the appstore beginning in 2008. windows phone didnt start till just last year, so that comparison is just plain STUPID and idiotic at best

Video calling (only new WP7 handsets can do that iPhone 4 has been able to from launch)
Cut and paste of images rather than just text
Greater than 300ppi display density

That's a few minutes thinking at 6pm on a Friday - I'm sure I can come up with more. But you know what? I don't want to. Nor do I need to see a list of what Mango has. Just for once, let it go eh? Some stuff on other systems is better.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
5 things? From a hardware perspective the iphone 4 camera is better than all current WP7 cameras. High resolution screen and more solid construction(less plastic). However the SAMOLED screen on the focus has it beat on contrast.

From a software standpoint ios clearly has the edge in apps. Apps I would like to have on WP7. And it's those apps that provide functionality that WP7 doesn't have. Yet.
ibooks and easy syncing via the desktop client. I'd love if WP7 and zune could do this. Notifications on the lockscreen in ios let you directly unlock to the corresponding app. Newstand for magazine subscriptions.

So there's some reasons. You may not care about those. But I do. And others do and can add their own reasons. I can also provide reasons why android is better too if you so wish. And I can tell you my opinions why wp7 is better. They all bring nice unique features to the table.

Video calling (only new WP7 handsets can do that iPhone 4 has been able to from launch)
Cut and paste of images rather than just text
Greater than 300ppi display density

That's a few minutes thinking at 6pm on a Friday - I'm sure I can come up with more. But you know what? I don't want to. Nor do I need to see a list of what Mango has. Just for once, let it go eh? Some stuff on other systems is better.

i still does not prove his very ignorant and idiotic statement. and HDMI will be brought through DLNA which is what is always being toted in the "if you dont have an iPhone commercials"

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Dont mistake functionality provided by iphone apps for OS functionality because out of the box, a Mangoed WP7 has more functionality than ios on the iphone. Only the apps give it an edge and frankly because of the anti-MS bias I dont expect most of the more popular apps on ios to make it to WP7. And no marketplace is ever going to match apple's for sheer app count so just on that basis a lot of people will judge WP7 as "less functional".

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Dont mistake functionality provided by iphone apps for OS functionality because out of the box, a Mangoed WP7 has more functionality than ios on the iphone. Only the apps give it an edge and frankly because of the anti-MS bias I dont expect most of the more popular apps on ios to make it to WP7. And no marketplace is ever going to match apple's for sheer app count so just on that basis a lot of people will judge WP7 as "less functional".

Yes, but no phone stays "out of the box". The apps make the difference.

Now if we are just talking out of the box experience then i'd say the debate is more between android and WP7. But really just different feature sets and I like them both. My needs for the "out of the box" experience do align more closely with WP7. For a built in integrated experience that even extends to 3rd party i'd pick android. For sheer app variety and selection then I would pick ios. They all have something I like.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
And at the end of the day, it's all about choice. What works for one, might not work for someone else.
I love my HTC Trophy, and if I were do it all over again. I would choose Windows over IOS, and that's not mine is better than yours attitude. It's what works for me. :)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Now if we are just talking out of the box experience then i'd say the debate is more between android and WP7. But really just different feature sets and I like them both. My needs for the "out of the box" experience do align more closely with WP7. For a built in integrated experience that even extends to 3rd party i'd pick android. For sheer app variety and selection then I would pick ios. They all have something I like.

You still have to be able to make the distinction, blanket statements on functionality do not really work. And some people are not going to go looking for apps or even want to and will stay with that OOB experience and WP7 has a lead here. There is a lot of value in the OOB experience of WP7 that is not present in ios or android and that can be a deciding factor for some people and shouldnt be swept aside under the typical "how many apps does the platform have" argument.

All the apps on ios will not make up for the functionality coming with Xbox/WP7 integration, for some that is enough to proclaim WP7 the best OS in the universe. An early example: http://forums.windowscentral.com/marketplace-games/181978.htm. So just because ios has a certain amount of apps doesnt discount WP7's added functionality when it comes to apps that bring unique functionality to WP7 itself. Statements that WP7 is no match for ios in functionality based on apps are not valid, IMO.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The new iOS 5 lock screen is interesting. It almost looks like they took some cues from WP7.

Apple iOS 5 Outlook: Brand New System Interface with More Outstanding Operation - Sanseven Official Blog

ios-5.jpeg

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, im taking charge here and putting this baby to bed once and for all. Here is the DEFINITIVE answer on this whole thing:
WP, IOS and Android don't suck, YOU PEOPLE DO! ;-)
Hah! How about them apples, or Mangos, etc.

that's a joke people lest yee think otherwise.

How about this:
WP, the OS
Apple, apps
Android, um, wait, I know there's something, yeah, sheer volume of handsets. You also get really good at taking your battery out.

Now can we stop lamenting/debating this and go back to talking about religion and politics?

Although I would be partial to daring someone to tell me why DC Comics doesn't have better characters than Marvel.

Snookie sucks too btw...

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Although I would be partial to daring someone to tell me why DC Comics doesn't have better characters than Marvel.

Uh, how many DC comic movies have been made? Yeah, if DC was better they would have more movies. They have what Superman, and Batman? What other movies from DC.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

now how en demonios is Android better out of the box than wp7? uve seriously lost ur mind now.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, Power5, its on!
Superman (4)
Batman (4, the Shumacher trash doesnt count, although he did recently apologize for Batman Forever. he also said WB kept him from making a Nolan-esque Dark Knight movie, right.)
Batman the Animated Series: Mask of the Phantasm was awesome and got a theatrical release
Green Lantern, decent. Not great, but nowhere near as horrible as it was said to be

Hands down the biggest DC cinematic contributions are what is coming out of the DCAU. Absolutely killer animated features, and I think they are almost at 10 with more on the way.

The new Batman Year One movie looks awesome. Yeah, now what????? :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion