HTC Titan browser vs Galaxy S 2 browser

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't listen to the sound right now, but based on the engadget test, page loading still seems to be slower on the Titan although the S2 is just amazingly fast. When it comes down to scrolling though, I still like wp7's fluid motion. Android is just a bit jerky even on a high end phone like that. wp7 simply feels more polished even on my lowly LG Quantum.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
It wasn't even that bad. It would have been sad for Android/GS2 if they had lost with both the specs and Opera instead of stock Android browser on their side, but, still, the Titan didn't seem that far behind...

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
it wasn't that far behind, considering that the SGS2 is dual core its actually quite impressive. and the comparison would've been better if they used the android default browser as well.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it was actually pretty close but what can I say man the GSII is just a freaking beast. I can't wait to see that new Focus to see how things goes. Sad about the crappy camera but it's HTC.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it was actually pretty close but what can I say man the GSII is just a freaking beast. I can't wait to see that new Focus to see how things goes. Sad about the crappy camera but it's HTC.

another pathetic HTC bash, what did that have to do with the topic at hand? nothing at all.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
First review I have seen that did not like the camera. Would have liked to hear what was mediocre about it, not that he just thought it was not the best.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not an htc fan but even I can say all the reviews I've seen have praised the camera. The review doesnt give any reasons why the camera was mediocre or how he tested it (settings, lighting). TBH I get the feeling he's not really a WP7 fan so not really putting too much stock in his judgement. Adam Lein does a much better job reviewing WP7 without bias on that site IMO.

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Not an htc fan but even I can say all the reviews I've seen have praised the camera. The review doesnt give any reasons why the camera was mediocre or how he tested it (settings, lighting). TBH I get the feeling he's not really a WP7 fan so not really putting too much stock in his judgement. Adam Lein does a much better job reviewing WP7 without bias on that site IMO.

I'd rather all reviewers keep a level head instead of being a fan of anything. Unfortunately, most of them are one kind of fan or another.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
The thing that surprised me most from that was how similar in overall size the two phones were - the Titan didn't look as massive as I expected.

Also, it wasn't really a like for like test as Opera was doing some page rendering stuff to fit the screen. I dunno if it's Opera or Opera Mini, but doesn't it also have some sort of pre-delivery processing to speed thngs up?

Pretty close though - certainly as close to be meaningless. Which shows you what a massive resource hog Android must be. By all rights, the S2 should have been noticeably faster.

A friend of mine has an S2 - next time I see him, I might see how my Mozart fares against it!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that Opera mini has server side support, not sure about regular Opera.

They did a great job on the bezel of the titan.
The thing that surprised me most from that was how similar in overall size the two phones were - the Titan didn't look as massive as I expected.

Also, it wasn't really a like for like test as Opera was doing some page rendering stuff to fit the screen. I dunno if it's Opera or Opera Mini, but doesn't it also have some sort of pre-delivery processing to speed thngs up?

Pretty close though - certainly as close to be meaningless. Which shows you what a massive resource hog Android must be. By all rights, the S2 should have been noticeably faster.

A friend of mine has an S2 - next time I see him, I might see how my Mozart fares against it!

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S2's stock browser is actually slightly smoother than IE9 on Windows phone 7. Look up any video. It's as smooth as the browser on the iPhone/iPad, even with flash enabled.

Last edited:

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't listen to the sound right now, but based on the engadget test, page loading still seems to be slower on the Titan although the S2 is just amazingly fast. When it comes down to scrolling though, I still like wp7's fluid motion. Android is just a bit jerky even on a high end phone like that. wp7 simply feels more polished even on my lowly LG Quantum.

The jerkiness is the only thing I've always hated about the Android browser but the most recent Dolphin browser update and Opera browsers have fixed that. Definitely a better browsing experience with both and Ice Cream Sandwich will get hardware acceleration which will address the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa