MS Needs to Bite the hand that feeds them

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I did a contract job with a bunch of people today, men, women, a variety of ethnic backgrounds and talked phones with them. The majority had Android phones and were not very happy with them, but some were estatic despite the failings - battery life being the most significant.

Despite this: each time I mentioned Windows Phone, the non crashing OS, smooth interface and incredible battery life each of them either acted surprised responding, "really windows mobile?", or ignored me.

Almost to a man/woman, each person associated/confused windows phone with windows mobile. Many chimed in with stories of how their friends hated windows mobile. I agreed with them and explained that android is the new windows mobile, only slightly improved, which is not saying alot, before espousing/demonstrating the benefits of Windows Phone Mango

In any event, I think it might clear up the confusion if MS bashed their old OS in a side by side comparison with Windows Phone. It'll never happen but it could help to clarify that this is an entirely different device.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree Windows Mobile left a very bad taste. MS should advertise all of their small key features in Mango man they should of just named this phone Mango Microsoft Mango

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I was out wife friends and the wife and I said windows phone and everybody had android and one friend was like, what is that? Somebody else mentioned it was made by Microsoft. Windows Phone has NO coverage/market presence. Ios, android, and blackberries do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786