iOS 5 iPod Touch fiasco solidified my WP allegiance

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Was a little curious about the new iOS, so I figured I'd put it on my Touch to see what's doing. And then, this morning, right before I was heading out to teach a group exercise class at my facility, NO MUSIC. NO APPS. NADA.

Luckily, I had my Focus loaded with some "oh S" music just in case, and it rode in on a super amoled screen steed and saved the morning.

I also lost music from my USB drive for some reason as well. Happened to some iPeople I talked to when they updated too.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thing I learned with iOS updates is always do a restore and update rather than just an update over the top. Seems to always make it less troublesome.

That said, I've never got restore from backup to work on my Mozart, and I couldn't back up my wife's old Android phone either without it losing everything. In fact, the only phone I've ever known that's restored perfectly every time is her Palm Pixi.

WebOS from 2009 wins! :)

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Doing a manual reload of my apps (dont want to use OC right now) and, well, iOS blows.

Have to hit bUtton to get back to apps, I find myself still trying to hit non existent back button, app grid looks boring, and there really doesn't seem to be anything dynamic about it at all.

Live tiles, solid. Today NDTV said WP is the best of the three os's.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine (who also happens to be my boss) lost everything when she tried to update to iOS5 on her 3GS. She was restoring a cloud backup from July last time I checked. Oh well.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb